Print

Author Topic: Fixed.  (Read 14123 times)

« on: May 09, 2008, 04:07:23 AM »
Okay people, enough with the fixing of quotes. It has to stop. Every page of every thread I go to has at least one but usually more. They're rarely funny and usually just a boring correction you could have used big people words to explain.

And I'm well-aware someone is going to fix this very post. You're hilarious.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:52:54 AM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:07:08 AM »
Wait, who was the one who started this monstrosity?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »
The mostrosity of fixing quotes, or the mostrosity of stopping the monstrosity of fixing quotes?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
Hypocrite much, LD?
Yeah I thought about that post when I made this, but realized what really bugs me is people saying, "Fixed." and that's the whole post. I just threw my fix in with what I came to post anyway.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »
I think what LD means is that he actually puts it to clever use, but other people raped the funny out of it. For example

blahblahblahblahblahgodieblahblahblah

fixed

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 02:53:06 PM »
Other people rape the funny out of everything on these boards. Lizard Dude and TEM keep it fresh.
And Bird Person.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:55:04 PM by bobman37 »

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 03:10:48 PM »
Other people rape the funny out of everything on these boards. Lizard Dude and TEM keep it fresh.
And Bird Person. And Super-Jesse

Fixed. Ya know, to prevent this, I COULD just edit what I want to change/add to people's thread, but from what I understand Deezer and MB say that's "abuse of power".

Pssh, whatever.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
What fun is having power if you won't abuse it?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:42:52 PM by Luigison »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 04:23:03 PM »
What fun is having power if you won't abuse it?

Exactly! Thank you for supporting my argument.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 06:06:38 PM »
Maybe that's why power corrupts.
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 08:27:26 AM »
"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."

To be honest, the whole "fixed" thing is hit-or-miss, but I've seen some good examples of it. It's the kind of joke that only really works on the internet and think we shouldn't shoot down that kind of exclusivity.

Also, I always feel awkward about the use of "rape" when not pertaining to the actual act.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
While the "Fixed" problem is getting fixed, I'm more concerned of the growing trend of replying to posts with nothing but a emoticon.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 05:17:38 PM »
Hey, be grateful we don't have actual emoticons here... or at least as direct posting options (alas, poor libra92-whatever... I knew ye--and your middle-finger inclined Grim Reaper--well.)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 01:28:29 PM »
While the "Fixed" problem is getting fixed, I'm more concerned of the growing trend of replying to posts with nothing but a emoticon.

=D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Print