Print

Author Topic: The Miyamoto Game  (Read 13632 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: December 17, 2009, 11:50:52 PM »
Let's celebrate the simultaneously most brilliant and senile game developer of all time with his very own forum game. It's easy. Here's how it works.

Just follow the basic template. Miyamoto was doing random everyday activity A, which influenced him to make game B.

You see, one day I was clipping my nails when I realized how wondrous it would be if I were to find a way to make personal grooming fun! This is how I was inspired for the creation of Wii Clean.

But why stop at something simple like that?

When I was a young boy I enjoyed roaming throughout town. However one day I witnessed a grizzly murder by a masked man. I was determined to discover the identity of the masked man, but never did. This led me to think, how much fun would it be to create a Super Mario detective game? And so, my idea for Mario Case Files was born!

= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:11:34 AM »
I thought this was going to be a thread where you gave nonchalant, asinine explanations for massive business decisions.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
I thought that's what we were already doing.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 11:14:58 AM »
Miyamoto is too big, so here's Sakurai instead.

*laughs*

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »
When I was a little kid I always liked to explore the spooky caves near my town. That is how I came up with GoldenEye 007.
every

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »
I took this far-out acid trip one time and rolled up a bunch of kittens into a ball. That's how I came up with Katamari Damacy. I was so high I forgot it's not even my game.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 04:54:47 PM »
In elementary school I habitually beat up younger students and took their lunch money. Thus, Super Smash Bros. was born.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
When I was in high school, I invented a time machine and went back to medieval times.  This inspired me to make The Legend of Zelda.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 08:45:10 PM »
When I was in high school, I invented a time machine and went back to medieval times.  This inspired me to make The Legend of Zelda.
Or Mario's Time Machine.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »
As a kid I loved to sneak around the house and steal my mother's credit cards. I created Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid with this in mind.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »
During tests at school, I would copy my friends' answers. This is how the Kirby series came about.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 03:14:43 PM »
My old P.E. teacher had a big bushy mustache, a pair of sunglasses with tiny round lenses, and was distinctly egg-shaped.  He was always forcing me to run as fast as I could for long stretches.  Years later, I got the idea for Sonic the Hedgehog and his arch-enemy, Dr. Robotnik.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »
That last one is actually a pretty good and realistic idea.
"I'm a grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss!"- Bowser, SPM

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 03:50:43 PM »
I hung out with eight friends in college. One was fat, one was on the rifle team, one was a pyromaniac, one was an engineering major, one played baseball, one was in ROTC, one was a premed major, one has a missing eye, and I secretly hated hanging out with them.

You know the rest.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »
My girlfriend was once raped by a Galapagos tortoise, so I stamped on the bugger's head until it died. A few minor plot tweaks, and Super Mario Bros. came to be.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print