Print

Author Topic: It's the 3DS!  (Read 50656 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2011, 05:29:37 PM »
That's great news! It looks like Nintendo is finally catching on!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2011, 05:42:17 PM »
Indeed! That is exciting!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2011, 05:48:44 PM »
That release is a lot earlier than I expected.  Hope I'll have enough cash to get one.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2011, 06:53:22 PM »
$250 for a portable system? That's a paddlin', Nintendo.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »
Compare to Sony's new handheld.

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »
$250 for a portable system? That's a paddlin', Nintendo.

It's one of the first mass-consumer products to use 3D technology without required glasses. I believe it's worth the $250.

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »
Not bad. Would've preferred a custom username instead of a generated digit code, but this is still a step up from the Wii and DS' online structure.

The launch line-up isn't very impressive, but the number of early fighting games and RPGs is very promising. I wish we could at least have a Mario Sunshine port at launch or something.

Activity Log seems like an attempt to make the system a part of your daily routine. I think it'll work for me since free coins to unlock stuff sounds like a good deal.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »
- Activity Log -- keep track of how much you play each game, and how much you walk. Walking earns Play Coins that can be used to unlock stuff in games.

My DS never leaves the house unless we're going on vacation, so here's hoping Action Replay can once again trump Nintendo's software. It's better than Club Nintendo Coins, at least.

It appears that the lack of Mario games available  at the Wii's release wasn't just a one-time fluke: Mario launch titles have become a thing of the past. :(

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
Are you honestly that lazy that you would rather shark for points than just carry the thing with you on the way to the library or something?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »
>library

Oh Wiggles, you so crazy. The only viable option would be to carry it around at school, which I wouldn't be comfortable doing.

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2011, 10:37:29 PM »
Might just be my situation, but I don't have a car so I usually walk or take a bus to places I need to get to most of the time. Something like this seems perfect for me since I spend much of my idle time on my DS.

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2011, 10:54:08 PM »
Finally, the ability to add 3D bulges to my photos.

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2011, 07:30:42 PM »
While you're doing that, we can see a 3D image of you drinking your urine?

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »
Finally, the ability to add 3D bulges to my photos.

That's what she said.

Bonus ending:  *Bow chicka bow bow*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2011, 06:03:36 PM »

Print