Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Stickers: Collect them all!  (Read 24733 times)

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:26 AM »
Never tought I'd see Rawk Hawk again, especially in a non-paper game.

Do you suppose, Paper Mario, could be a playable character much like Dr. Mario before him?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
One Mario is enough. If anything, Paper Mario will be back as a collectible sticker, just like he appeared as a trophy in Melee.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 12:33:29 PM »
A Paper Mario character would be sweet, an assist trophy at least.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 12:50:10 PM »
Oh, I completely agree! Because a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of playable characters creates insta-win. Everyone knows that. Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Boo, Birdo, Petey Piranha, Bowser Jr., Octorok, Moblin, Ruto, King Zora, Darunia, every incarnation of Link there ever was, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Sword Knight, each of the four hundred and ninety-six Pokémon, Mr. Stevenson, a Metroid, and all manner of obscure/useless/annoying/"why?" characters need to be playable or I will not buy the game. If I were in charge, I'd say to forget assist trophies and make all the characters said to be playable. And how about other characters like SpongeBob, Charlie Brown, Picard, or Anubis? Yes, that'd be excellent!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 05:08:53 PM »
Dude, you're saying people like Captain Falcon and the freakin' Ice Climbers had a panoply of great moves to use in Smash Bros.? No, they just pick cool people and make up cool moves.

Good point. Good point.
Now that I think about it, a Toad would have made a great Ness clone in Melee. But that obviously can't happen now. I guess I see what you mean about being able to make up move-sets. However, I still feel it's unlikely.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 08:22:06 AM »
Paper Mario has more merit than Dr. Mario ever did to be a character.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 04:51:43 PM »
Paper Mario has more merit than Dr. Mario ever did to be a character.

Neither of them, because first of all, Dr Mario is the same as regular Mario. Secondly, Paper Mario is an art style, not a character. It's Mario, in paper form. Finally, I don't think Toon Link should have been a character, seeing as he is an art style, much like Paper Mario.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:08:00 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »
I consider him to be a new rendition of Young Link.  So does that mean Baby Mario should be available?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »
Ok, mabey I should clarify..

Dr Mario/Toon Link are the same as Mario/Link because they have the same moves. Yes, I know some of thier moves are slightly different (Toon Link's Up B is a multi-hitter, Link's just.. hits), but in essense they are the same character.

Baby Mario would likely have a different moveset than Mario, so he might be ok. But I am not a supporter of putting baby characters in with the adult characters, except in cases where the story calls for it (ie: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »
Toon Link is absolutely necessary. He represents The Wind Waker, which is just as much a Zelda game as Twilight Princess is, cel-shading haters aside. He also represents the sequel, Phantom Hourglass. There are other games that use a style like The Wind Waker as well--Four Swords, Adventures, The Minish Cap... and on top of that, there's the fact that Link is, more often than not, a kid. Note the alternate costume that clothes Toon Link in the colors of classic Legend of Zelda Link, while Real Link does not have anything like that.

As far as super Smash Bros. is concerned, it's generally agreed that Toon Link is way easier to use than Link. I'll say it again, clones in general aren't that bad when they play differently enough. Look at Captain Falcon and his clone, Blood Falcon Ganondorf. The two have similar moves but play so differently because of speed and weight. Ness and Lucas really only look like they have similar moves, but in function they're pretty different.

And finally, you'd all better hope that any and all babies stay out of Smash, because I won't hold back on the baby-eating screenshots.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 06:30:59 PM »
I do hope the babies stay out of SSB, as playable characters. Trophies are fine, as long as the trophies remain relevant.

I kind of hoped the babies would stay out of Mario Kart, but mabey we'll have some better characters in the next game.. Really, since Nintendo seems hung up on the baby characters, they should use baby Yoshi again, since he came before all this other baby non-sense.

EDIT: My editing skills suck while I am at work.. this is like the third time I've had to edit this post. I hope it's legible now..

EDIT2: I hop it's legible.. *sigh* I give up
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:44:48 PM by Toad »

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »
Either there are no more baby Yoshies, or all Yoshis are babies, or, I don't know
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »
The Thousand-Year Door.

My main beef with baby Mario characters is that there are other candidates for Mario Kart out there, and I don't mean stupid lame characters like Wart and Stanley the Bugman. Where is E. Gadd? He's got more than enough personality after just a few games, he fits in perfectly, and he could introduce the mad scientist's theme to a racing track easily. Where would he fit on the roster? Easy, kick Baby Daisy, push Diddy Kong or Bowser Jr. down to the lightweights and there's a slot for a new middleweight.

I think another problem is that there are so few new characters in each game. The only notable new character from Galaxy was Rosalina, and I think it was smart to include her in Mario Kart Wii...
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 12:27:59 AM »
And finally, you'd all better hope that any and all babies stay out of Smash, because I won't hold back on the baby-eating screenshots.
Go ahead.  I still think Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have potential as a team al-a-Ice-climbers.  Look at some of their maneuvers in PiT; They could be easily translated into Smash Bros. fighting moves.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 12:41:41 AM »
By "I won't hold back" I mean I will have a picture for each thing that can eat another player/can look like it is, and when I'm out of those I'll be sure to include one for every batch of screenshots. And I'll send replays of two Warios throwing Baby Mario back and forth with Chomp to everybody.

But I'm sure that won't end up happening. What a shame. The closest-looking thing to a baby in Brawl is Kirby, who might be forty-seven or maybe even thousands of years old...
It's YOUR problem!

Print