Print

Author Topic: For all those furries out there.  (Read 7022 times)

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:27:36 PM »
If your furry, as I am (but not for anything in particular), then this is the post for you! Put whatever satisfies your furriness here!
If you don't know what this means check out CE7's definition on pg. 8 of "Confess!" on General Chat.
Guess who's back!!!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
Oh Lord. What have you guys done.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »
Yeah, seriously.

Shouldn't this thread be in General Chat? It's not about video games, after all.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 10:03:09 PM »
You all already know I'm a furry, so nothing new there. Not sure what to say that "satisfies my furriness", but I'd say the biggest influence has been the Redwall series. Love 'em, best books I've ever read, the only books where I've physically cried on a few occasions, and Redwall Abbey (home of the good guys) has an alluring idealistic philosophy and lifestyle.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 10:35:26 PM »
Enjoying a book series which happens to star anthropomorphic creatures doesn't make one a furry; actively seeking out media featuring them does. Foxmccloudfan, you clearly do not comprehend the gravity of identifying yourself outright as a furry.

See?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »
And I do actively seek out such media - the only books I read (willingly) are books with talking animals, and the sorts of art I look up on art sites is furry in nature. It's how I've learned about the big names when it comes to furry artists.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »
Why the **** do you guys admit this stuff over the internet?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 01:20:11 AM »
Because I haven't yet gotten it through my skull that some forums will practically lynch you for mentioning it, and because it doesn't seem any weirder than any other subculture. I'm a bit curious as to why people are still so intolerant of it (maybe they generalize and think furry consists only of the extreme versions of the culture). But unfortunately I can't give the usual reasons for defending it either because those too get attacked and sound kind of hollow. Something Awful  likes to point out one of the most ridiculous examples being a picture by TaurinFox I believe of a fox shedding a tear, USA flag in the background (or something patriotic), and a message basically saying that one day furry culture will be accepted. If I had to give a term to it, it'd be "taking the culture too seriously".

So it probably helps that I laugh at the typical furry jokes, at furries consistently being called worse than other groups, etc. just so I don't find myself getting too ingrained into it. I'd still like to know why all the hate, as I thought the matter and all the usual arguments had been dealt with long ago. Or I could, you know, just try not to mention I'm a furry and to stop before a furry flame war breaks out.

And sometimes I like taking a glance over at forums that flip out over inappropriate furry pictures because they get the best "what the f***! I can't unsee it!" reactions from other people. Even the sick, depraved stuff can be very well drawn and/or surprisingly creative. Even though to find enjoyment in it you must first be the one going "what the hell" and getting nightmares. It's one of those things you get desensitized to.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:29:12 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 07:34:54 AM »
Who else are we gonna admit it to? Real-life people who can stare awkwardly at us and maybe punch us if they want? Besides, this isn't the internet, it's the Fungi Forums.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
I wish people--especially some people on the Confess thread--would stop acting like the internet is some separate dimension when they say "you shouldn't talk about this or that on the internet". Most of us are actual humans, right? If people want to admit this stuff, power to 'em for having the balls to.

As for furries, yes, I think devout furries are weird as hell, but I've got my own set of turn-ons that would probably seem weird to other people. To each his own.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »
I wish people--especially some people on the Confess thread--would stop acting like the internet is some separate dimension when they say "you shouldn't talk about this or that on the internet".

Just be prepared to accept the consequences.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »
Why hasn't Turtlekid posted here yet?
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 04:24:11 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 04:57:14 PM »
Strangely, for being a furry myself, I don't really care for the company of other furries.  I don't really even know any.
I guess there are certain furry archetypes that really bother me, like the bouncy yet clueless type, who show great exuberance in being something that they don't actually understand.

Still, they're nothing compared to a lot of other internet archetypes out there, like the image macro/meme-happy 4chan-er.
Go Moon!

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »
for god's sake, i just meant i liked reading the stuff!
Guess who's back!!!

Print