Print

Author Topic: A Compelling Article  (Read 25761 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2008, 09:33:37 PM »
Methinks Nintendo's actually hiding some sort of crazy-awesome crossover nerdgasmganza decades in the making that spans hundreds of companies and genres.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2008, 10:09:03 PM »
Someone had a theory that the reason we didn't see Mario, Zelda, or Pikmin at E3 was because Nintendo wanted to avoid the hype backlash that Brawl and (to a lesser extent) Twilight Princess got, having been overexposed a bit too much before release.
I'm not going to say it's impossible, but that just smacks of one of those desperate conspiracy theories people concoct (like Glorb referred to above) when they can't bear to face the facts--namely, that things are kind of going downhill at Club N.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2008, 10:10:42 PM »
But there's nothing to suggest that aside from their current output, which has no bearing on future products.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2008, 10:24:10 PM »
I have a theory that the reason we aren't getting more Mario* is the fact that Galaxy is not even a year old.

*Meaning, a real game. Sluggers is out if you want him that badly.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2008, 03:41:37 PM »
Mario?  I can wait a while for another Mario game.  But what about a new Metroid? 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »
I have a theory that the reason we aren't getting more Mario* is the fact that Galaxy is not even a year old.
...But was delayed along with Brawl and Metroid Prime 3 to see release at a later date. Now, obviously, that probably helped improve the game, but that doesn't mean it had any bearing on the development of games even further in the future.

As for me, I'm not really expecting more Mario or Zelda soon. It took about a year to make Phantom Hourglass and... yeah, we all know what I'm going to say here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print