Print

Author Topic: A Compelling Article  (Read 25740 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »
I don't really know what "loyal" is supposed to mean either.

Nintendo loyalty involves engaging Sony and Microsoft fanboys in a flaming, rusty chainsaw swordfight, in hopes that the land will one day be pure of the oppressors who keep mother Nintendo from dominating this land in all her righteousness! Onward, brethren!

... sorry, got carried away.

As for the actual article, I thought of some of it's arguments some time earlier. Frankly, I do have hope that Nintendo will clean up their act, just like Sony did after E3 2006 (or pretty much all of the second half of '06, to be precise), but that doesn't cure the Nintendo Game drought at hand. Sure, there are good third party games (finally), but it's sad when a first party cannot provide suitable entertainment for it's hardcore audience. Could you imagine a couple having their baby cared for by another family because they want to spend all their time with the much cuter baby wrapped in cash?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 06:39:15 AM »
but it's sad when a first party cannot provide suitable entertainment for it's hardcore audience.
Quote from: Nick DiMola
If we look at the Wii thus far we have a fairly solid collection of titles from Nintendo all geared to satiate the Nintendo "hardcore" crowd. We have seen Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros, Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, and Wario Ware on the Wii already. We also know that Nintendo is working on Disaster, Wario Land, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, a new Mario and a new Zelda. Are there really that many franchises they have missed? Nintendo has clearly invested quite a bit in the hardcore, and as we speak, they are still developing more for us.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 08:29:11 AM »
Anyone who is actually "loyal" to a company like Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft is a sucker. They're publishers. That's like being loyal to Universal Studios over Paramount. Furthermore, being "loyal" to a system is also dumb. Did anyone here take sides during the Beta/VHS or HD-DVD/Blu-Ray wars? If so, was it because you liked the company that made your format of choice?

Like I said, I'm not loyal to Nintendo in the sense that I am a diehard worshiper of everything they make. I'm more loyal in the sense that I'm not suddenly crying that the sky is falling because of E3 - which was crappy for every company, not just Nintendo. Also, I'm loyal to Nintendo in the sense that I generally like what they make far better than I've ever liked Sony or Microsoft's video game products. It's not really an extreme kind of loyalty, like some people seem to have. ;)
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 09:08:59 AM »
I will always stay loyal to Nintendo.  The only problem that I have seen with the Wii is the stupid games that was a cartoon movie first and then created into a game (like Open Season and Ratatouille) and also games like "Imagine: Cooking" and others like Hannah Montana sing along games and American Idol games.  That is the only flaw I see that Nintendo is making with their business desisions is publishing games that are complete crap.  But thats not all their games.  Like the guy said they came out and are coming out with a butt load of great games like Mushroom Wars, Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Pitfall: The big Adventure, Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutant and many others.  The best point I saw there was #2.  WiiWare has massive potencial. But I think that the VC will be even better than WiiWare.  Well at least for hardcore Nintendo gamers who want to play Classics that they don't have or were to young to buy (like me) and thats most everyone on these forums.

EDIT:  I'm loyal to Nintendo because their not just publishers, their developers.  And for that matter their the best developers there is in the game industry.  I hate Microsoft because they strickly are a publisher and 95% of the games that real game developers make for their system is junk.  Sony I think has a good game department because they are sort of like Nintendo, they publish and develop games.  So I like Sony, just not as much as Nintendo. :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:20:24 AM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »
What's wrong with Hannah Montana?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 10:42:03 AM »
Microsoft doesn't develop games? Since when?
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2008, 11:55:01 AM »

Everything's wrong with Hannah Montana.  Except for the fact that she is pretty hot when shes Miley Cyrus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2008, 01:00:41 PM »
Except for how she's totally ugly.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2008, 01:23:14 PM »
What is a Rickroll?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »
lol wut
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 05:50:49 PM »
Take a look at CW's sig.  It says something about a rickroll.  Does it have to do with Rick Ashley's song "Never gonna give you up"?

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »
It sounds like you know exactly what it is.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 09:08:59 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 05:56:43 AM »

Dual personality is usually regarded as a bad thing.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 07:32:59 AM »
Hannah Montana, Two-Face, and Dr. Jekyll: Know your foes.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print