Print

Author Topic: Re: The Origin of the Koopalings  (Read 7679 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2002, 07:38:54 AM »
Right you are...The only glimpse into their minds game-wise is Bowser's Diary.

Well,Bowser as a koopaling himself lived on Yoshi's Island. I'm pretty sure they just live wherever they want,currently...maybe that's how it's been for so long nobody can remember things being any other way in their lands.

~What landlord is gonna evict a koopa? Maybe Mario needs to add one more title to his job description...~

Edited by - Winx on 2/3/2002 5:46:44 AM

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2002, 08:18:49 AM »
Here is my theroy! Long ago Bowsers father took over Yoshi's Island. Bowser was to stay there Kamek was the full time baby sitter. After Kamek was beaten by the yoshi's a baby mario they flew to the moon. Bowsers father was ready for some intense tranning! He trained bowser untill he died. Bowser and Kamek returned Kamek was old old and swithched her name to Kammy. Kammy led Bowser to his fathers caltle in Dark land. He found explosives and everything he needed to beat the grown up mario brothers! After he let for peaches caltle in the mushroom kingdom he settled there untill he was overthrown. Then angerly he waited and had Kammy(Kamek) send them to subcon. In peache's absence he took over her castle again. Mario and co. beat wart Bowsers best friend. When they returned to the mushroom kingdom Bowser vfleed to dark land! He had kids with his forgetten wif the divorced her! Kammy then used magic to age them to the age of 8. The mario brothers came to dark land and beat bowser again. But Bowser decided to keep his castle in Dark Land becuase it was his father's. The End big theroy!

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2002, 11:45:28 AM »
I don't know there's something wrong about that theory super yoshi...
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2002, 11:51:36 AM »
I think you are right, Winx. Of course, the Koopa do have an original homeland, but for so very long, they have been nomadic. In each game, they set up camp in a new place. Be it in the middle of the Mushroom Kingdom, in the firey depths of Dark Land or the caves of Dinosaur Land. Each time, a new headquarters. All they are known for (among the good guys) is their black magic and the trouble they cause everywhere they go.

But, if I had to venture a guess, I'd say that they are originally from Dinosaur Land. Koopas could pass for "Dinosaurs" (of course, there aren't any *real* dinosaurs in the Mushroom World, just large reptilian monsters. Reptilian monster? Sounds like a koopa to me). Dinosaur Land seems to have the sort of environment koopas like. Lots of islands, beaches, and dark caves. And, before SMW, Mario and company didn't know much about Dinosaur Land, aside from that fact that it would make a good vacation spot. The Koopa could have been hiding out there for years, undetected. And, as you pointed out, Bowser grew up there.

I think that Dark Land was just a temporary hide out for the Koopas. They used it because it would be hard for Mario to reach, with harsh climate and difficult terrain.

-TurtleTek
http://turtletek.botic.com

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2002, 12:09:25 PM »
Here's mine theory: Bowser's father ruled Dark Land. He and his wife, and their son, Morton, lived in Dark Land. Their vacation home was in what is now known as the "Valley of Bowser". Now, when he died, he left Morton in charge of Dark Land, and baby Bowser and Kamek in charge of their vacation home in Dinosaur Land. When Morton died, Bowser took charge of Dark Land as well.

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2002, 11:34:22 PM »
Well, Frostbite, your explaination sounds nice, but the only problem with it is that it has too many assumptions in it. We don't know Bowser had a brother. Keeping the story simple is the best way to make it probable, or at least credible.

I don't think Dark Land is of any real significance to the Koopa. I don't think they consider that place a home as much they do a hideout. Then again, for all we can tell, the Koopa are nomadic, which would mean that Dark Land would be just as much "home" as anywhere else.

-TurtleTek

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2002, 03:51:02 AM »
One thing seems to be apparent...they really want the Mushroom Kingdom...No proof for this,but that might be their homeland that was somehow taken away from them or lost in a poker game long long ago...Not that that's what I think...but it's a slight possibility.

~...and maybe there are butterfly demons living in my Sunday shoes.~

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2002, 03:44:32 PM »
You've been watching Star Wars too much...

And the reason they want the MK so much is that it's so big, yet so peaceful and pastoral. Dark Land is dark, ugly, and small!

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2002, 11:45:49 PM »
That is a compelling theory, Winx. But, as interesting as it would be, there isn't anything I can think of that would point to that as the truth.

Although...it would be neat if it turned out that King Bowser was somehow Peach's father (don't ask, it's magic) and Peach stole his own kingdom from him. She has the ability to turn stones into subjects (mushroom people) and with the help of the mushroom people, she overthrew Bowser and the occupants of the kingdom. The Koopas, still loyal to Bowser, fight for the rightful restoration of Bowser's rein. Bowser casts spells that return the mushroom people to stone form, but his daughter as the power to turn the right back. He *would* kill her, but he loves her, as she is his daughter.

...Okay, well, I know that's completely outlandish. Entertaining thought, though, right? *sheepishly backs away*

-TurtleTek

Print