Print

Author Topic: WTMK - Help Needed. Audio Editors & Experts Needed (G&WG, etc.)  (Read 54801 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: November 20, 2005, 01:21:44 AM »
Hey there, folks. WTMK work continues -- the goal is to have the complete soundtrack for every Mario (and related) title ready to play on the "radio".  There's a small problem, though ... several games never had soundtracks made for them.

I have a few soundtracks ready to go for WTMK, but I have a few problems.  I don't have the time or ability to get all the tunes properly identified, or cut to the proper times.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Currently needed:

* Bird & Beans (DSiWare)

* Jam with the Band / Daigasso! Band Brothers DX
(the Mario medley tracks included on the cart -- not NECESSARILY downloadable stuff, unless it's official)

* DK King of Swing
(some tracks need to be identified)

* Dr. Mario Express (DSiWare)

* Dr. Mario Online RX -- ending credits music needed

* DSi Metronome (any music?)

* DSiWare Game & Watch Games -- if there is menu music for any DK/Mario ones

* Mario Artist (all music, all games)

* Mario Clash

* Mario Kart Arcade GP / GP 2

* Mario Sports Mix

* Mario vs. DK: Minis March Again! (DSiWare)

* Mario's Early Years (all versions)

* Nintendogs + Cats
(Mario tracks)

* Vs. Dr. Mario (arcade)

* WarioWare D.I.Y.
* WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase

First priority: DK: King of Swing, Mario Tennis (GBC)
 I need folks who've played through these games completely and can identify the tunes in the game, naming them according to the levels they first appeared in.  If you know how to use an audio program to trim tracks, that helps.

Second Priority:   I need someone to unlock ALL the tunes in these games, then use the sound test to record an entire soundtrack.

Donkey Kong Country (GBC version)
Game & Watch Gallery 2 & 3
Mario Clash
Mario is Missing (NES)
Mario's Tennis (VB)
Mario's Time Machine (NES)
Super Mario Strikers
Warioland (Virtual Boy version)
Wario's Woods (NES)
Yoshi (GB)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:55:37 PM by David »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 12:26:24 PM »
I would like to help you guys out, 100% I know where to get the tracklistings and the right emulators for the music.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 01:45:48 PM »
NintendoExpert and I are fairly good at audio editing, but I can't do anything until Wednesday.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 01:51:22 PM »
I'm reasonably confident I can identify all the songs from Mario Golf.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 02:41:44 PM »
David, there should probably be a tagged set of GSFs from DK:KoS in the near future, if someone at GSF Central gets on it. And as for Wario Land 3, I imagine they'll fix the GSF conversion of it and tag it too.
That was a joke.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 07:09:25 PM »
We'll see. The thing is that I've already entirely prepped Mario Golf and Warioland 3. I simply neem the files named now.

Also, has anyone here completely finished Game & Watch Gallery 2, 3, or 4?  I believe most of those have a sound test in them, but no one has ever made a soundtrack recording of the games. That would be handy, if anyone could do it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:12:16 PM by DavidDayton »

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 07:34:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure I could identify all the Wario Land 3 tracks if I listened to them.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 11:39:55 PM »
Well, I was meaning you could use the GSFs for the track names once they identify them.
That was a joke.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 11:45:11 PM »
Well, yes... when/if they do!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 09:29:25 AM »
I would get around to Mario Golf identification (if needed) once I actually HAVE the files to identify... Where can I find them?
~I.S.~

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 02:40:19 PM »
Yeah, I kinda need the WL3 tracks too if I'm gonna name them.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 10:07:18 AM »
I have a mario superstar baseball rip if you want it I can send it via yousendit

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 11:35:46 PM »
Use the .GBS files and simply identify them, track by track?

E-mail me and I'll see if we can get it worked out this week.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 08:39:15 PM »
Yeah, I kinda need the WL3 tracks too if I'm gonna name them.

I sent you an e-mail, and it bounced back...

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 03:34:52 PM »
Got to http://vgmusic.com for alot of good video game music. (Sorry, I don't know how to create links)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 04:36:07 PM »
Okay, thanks to CashCrazed, we now have a properly tagged Warioland 3 sountrack.

I'm hoping that Andy can get me that Mario Superstar Baseball rip...

Insane Steve, I have to locate my Mario Golf (GBC) files. I can't find them, for some reason...

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 12:46:52 AM »
Whoa, did I just make that link? Or did someone else... wow I'm confused.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 04:36:34 PM »
The board automatically makes links out of URLs.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 11:21:08 AM »
Sometimes VGmusic puts the name from the soundtrack as the name of the song. Don't forget to check the newest additions for the ones that aren't sorted into the games yet.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2005, 10:48:24 PM »
Just click new-files in their search bar, and the most recent ones are the first ones on the list.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 07:50:13 PM »
I am currently creating a M&L:PiT rip. So far, I have 13 tracks made.

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 11:43:49 AM »
Do you guys need the DKC3 gba Soundtrack?
Stupid Wicked Electric Dumb Or Lazy (swedol)

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 01:13:58 PM »
I can provide the Mario Superstar Baseball rip if you haven't received it from Andy yet. Also, I have Game & Watch Gallery 2 and 3 completed, but through emulation. If you don't mind the soundtrack being recorded from an emulator, then I can provide those. Just tell me how I should record it (eg: how many times each song should loop, fading, etc).

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 02:28:40 PM »
I'm good at identifying Mario Tennis (GBC) tunes.

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 03:29:40 PM »
Well, the newest version of KiGB can rip music from Gameboy Roms.
I might give it a try.

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 05:42:40 PM »
What About gameboy gallery origanal sountrack for Download?? at http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1626 ?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2006, 05:35:49 PM »
Here's some of the stuff we currently need...

DK King of Swing
Donkey Kong Country (GBC version)
Game & Watch Gallery 2 & 3
Mario Clash
Mario is Missing (NES)
Mario Tennis (GBC)
Mario's Tennis (VB)
Mario's Time Machine (NES)
Super Mario Strikers
Warioland (Virtual Boy version)
Wario's Woods (NES)
Yoshi (GB)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but if you can help with any of those, let me know.

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 03:07:18 AM »
Now I know nothing about audio editing but I have a suggestion, when you get a hold of the soundtracks, I say you put each one on a seperate webpage so when people check it out theres that extra effect (and maybe have the name of the soundtrack on the page somewhere). By the way, do you have Super Mario Galaxy music yet somehow or are you waiting for the game to come out Dav?

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 12:28:32 PM »
Hey guys. NO CARRIER from 'ZRN here. ('ZRN = host of WTMK.) I have WTMK-ish news to report. We at 'ZRN, who host WTMK, have recently completed a server move and a software update. WTMK has been upgraded from ICecast1 to Icecast2, along with an update to Ices, the automated program generator.

So, what does this upgrade mean to you? Why should you care? First and foremost, WTMK is back-up in full strength. The station was down for sometime after we had trouble getting Ices to compile on the new machines.

Other than that, WTMK now has a slew of new features, including:
- "burst-on-connect", which will greatly reduce buffering time when a client first connects to WTMK
- Proper ID3 V2 support. This means that your audio client will no longer show truncated song tiles titled. (The staff at WTMK has been good at properly filling ID3V2 tags in the songs they use, and it will show.)
- WTMK will now be listed on public stream directories. (Icecast 1 stations were not welcomed for some reason.)
- If the site ops of TMK choose to do so, they can now post stats of WTMK on their site. (Stats like listener count, song currently being played, etc.) This was not possible in the past... well it was but would require the creation of a custom server to relay that info.

I would also like to take this opportunity to present Deezer and the staff of WTMK a new feature that might interest them. Since we have a more powerful server, we can now do "on the fly" encoding of files. This means WTMK can have music found in their playlist be played at ANY bitrate, and in either MP3 OR OGG format. (I don't think we can do MP3Pro "on-the-fly", because there are no free ones.) It also means WTMK can now have "cross fading" between tracks. Just a suggestion.

Finally, I don't know if that was ever spoken about on WTMK, but WTMK has the capability of hosting live shows. (Be it a music program, talk show or both.) And it's really easy to do: all you need is a mic, some music and a good internet connection. If any fans of TMK would like to DJ a weekly or bi-weekly show, get in touch with the Deezer. We at 'ZRN can provide the help and assistance you may need to get going. Of course, it's up to Deezer if he would like to do that or not.

NO CARRIER
(radio.emulationzone.org)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 01:03:12 PM by NO_CARRIER »
Admin of 'ZRN - Home of WTMK

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 08:02:13 PM »
I don't know if I have the right to say this, but thanks for the update, NO CARRIER!

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 04:45:11 PM »
Well, I've been ripping Virtual Boy Wario Land music lately. I'll give it a shot!

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 12:06:34 AM »
Well, I've been ripping Virtual Boy Wario Land music lately. I'll give it a shot!

Whoo hoo!

I might actually do a media update sometime before summer!

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 12:42:29 AM »
So ok.
Now I've got the G&GW Original SoundTrack, if that helps.
Also, Virtual Boy Wario Land tracks 1-6.

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »
I hate to double post, but I just uploaded VBWL tracks 1-8 to my webspace.
Get them while they're hot!
Ding!

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 06:13:54 AM »
I know it's impossible to bump a sticky topic, and I hate bumping topics anyway, but I noticed that the hosting system I'm using has been bought by some other company or something like that, and my hostings may go down any minute!
So uh, please download.

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »
As for the Game And Watch Gallery 1,2,3,4 and Gameboy Gallery you can get the GBS and GSF files here but you 'll have to encode them yourselves into the lossy mp3 format you all love (I hate it and FLAC is Mp3 in disguise)
http://board.gscentral.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=784&d=1284934336
http://gsf.caitsith2.net/index.php?sortby=updatedd
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:26:27 AM by nensondubois »

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »
We probably never will have a complete soundtrack for Donkey Kong 94 as the credits has two versions. One version is done with the regular Game Boy hardware while the other version is done by Super Gameboy Hardware. The best I could do right now is give you a mono mp3 of the SGB version.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 10:02:23 PM »
FLAC is Mp3 in disguise
No, it's not anything of the sort.

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »
Oggs are sorry. I was thinking that they lost quality but they are recorded from the mp3s they lose quality that way.
http://www.neillcorlett.com/informer/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:51:59 PM by nensondubois »

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »
As for the game and watch gallery 2 and 3, I can give you the sound effects and or the songs which ever you need.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 06:17:08 AM »
I've been gone too long.

Over this weekend I'll update the WTMK database.  I have a better list of what is needed now..

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »
I relise this post is old but I currently have alot of game music that just took me half an hour to find so I'm going to post it here, along with credit from where I got it now. It takes awhile for me to upload.

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »
For all the years that I've been here, I just downloaded Winamp today and listened to WTMK for the first time.  I don't know what took me so long, or why I had problems doing it in the past.  Pretty sweet to say the least!
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 05:02:31 PM »
I'm not exactly an expert, but I may be able to help with the Yoshi for GB. I can pretty much hook the SNES to my computer and use Super Gameboy to play the game, then simply have my computer record the audio feed. I can't promise the quality will be the best ever, but you'll have it at least....

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:29 AM »
I'm new here but i've been listening to WTMK for a while, and pretty cool stuff, especially the music from import Mario games like Mario's Super Picross and not to mention it was you guys who introduced me to Game & Watch!!! Anyway i have a question regarding the radio, see i want to listen to WTMK at school becuase i can't live without anything Mario and i would like to listen at school. Have you ever considered a mp3 version of WTMK so people can put it on there i-pods? I think it would be a great idea and i'm sure everyone thinks so too :)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »
I'm new here but i've been listening to WTMK for a while, and pretty cool stuff, especially the music from import Mario games like Mario's Super Picross and not to mention it was you guys who introduced me to Game & Watch!!! Anyway i have a question regarding the radio, see i want to listen to WTMK at school becuase i can't live without anything Mario and i would like to listen at school. Have you ever considered a mp3 version of WTMK so people can put it on there i-pods? I think it would be a great idea and i'm sure everyone thinks so too :)

There all all sorts of legal issues involved in things like that, so suffice it to say that we won't be doing that.  However, you can always download TMK's Mailbag Podcast! (http://themushroomkingdom.net/mailbag_podcast_001.shtml)

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 03:05:45 PM »
Here are Game & Watch 2 and 3 save files with everything unlocked, including the soundtest. In case anyone wants to rip the music.

http://www.multiupload.com/HGXUWUPCN5

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
Here are Game & Watch 2 and 3 save files with everything unlocked, including the soundtest. In case anyone wants to rip the music.

http://www.multiupload.com/HGXUWUPCN5

Actually, we DID get that. I need to update this thread...

Currently needed:

* Bird & Beans (DSiWare)

* Jam with the Band / Daigasso! Band Brothers DX
(the Mario medley tracks included on the cart -- not NECESSARILY downloadable stuff, unless it's official)

* DK King of Swing
(some tracks need to be identified)

* Dr. Mario Express (DSiWare)

* Dr. Mario Online RX -- ending credits music needed

* DSi Metronome (any music?)

* DSiWare Game & Watch Games -- if there is menu music for any DK/Mario ones

* Mario Artist (all music, all games)

* Mario Clash

* Mario Kart Arcade GP / GP 2

* Mario Sports Mix

* Mario vs. DK: Minis March Again! (DSiWare)

* Mario's Early Years (all versions)

* Nintendogs + Cats
(Mario tracks)

* Vs. Dr. Mario (arcade)

* WarioWare D.I.Y.
* WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 07:15:15 PM »
I guess I don't have permission to create a new topic (or I'm too stupid to find the button), so I'll just ask here.

I listen to WTMK (and other game music stations) all the time in my car via TuneIn. I have a couple questions about the bumps on Radio Mario.

There's one bump about reporting poor audio quality and in the background, it plays a warped version of a Yoshi's Island song in the background.  I really like it for some reason and I want to listen to the song. I can't remember, is it actually from the game, or is it a remix? I thought it might be from the Fuzzies level, but I looked on YouTube, but that didn't seem to be it. Can anyone tell me where it's from?

The other question is about the bump they play which is basically an ad to check out Radio Hyrule. In the background, they play a sort of jazzed up/big band version of the main Zelda theme. I know I've heard it several times before, but I can't remember where it's from. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Print