Print

Author Topic: Check Mii Out Channel and Hatless Mario Contest  (Read 10316 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:17 PM »
The Check Mii Out Channel launched worldwide yesterday.  You can get it free from the WiiWare™ section of the Wii Shop Channel.  It's easy to upload Miis to the Posting Plaza where you can also select up to 50 Miis from around the world as your favorites.  You can also transfer them to your Mii Channel Plaza, but I'm keeping them in the Posting Plaza for now since I already have 100 Miis in my Mii Channel -- not counting the ones stored on my Wiimotes.  The Miis in the Posting Plaza can be viewed by popularity, top 50, grab bag, and favorites.  If you come across a Mii you like and want to see more like it or by the same Mii Artisan you can "Call Mii Friends" to view them.  I really like this feature and am glad they included it.  I don't like being limited to only two initials for posted Miis, however.  I understand that Nintendo probably did it to avoid any inappropriate names, but I still don't like it.  It's cool to be able to name them when you transfer them to your Mii Channel.  I don't know what the limit to the number of Miis you can post is since I've only uploaded 23 so far.  Let my know if you come across any by my DrBrainAge Artisan. 

"Mario Without A Cap" is the first Check Mii Out Channel's contest.  If you don't have a Mii for the contest go to the Mii Channel and make one to submit it before the contest ends.  You can only submit Miis to the contest or plaza that you made.  I submitted this Hatless Mario I made shortly after getting my Wii.  I'm sure people can do better, so go post your Mii.  I wish they'd included a "suggest a contest" option like they did with the Everybody Votes channel. 

Link: press.nintendo.com
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:43:39 PM by Deezer »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 07:12:15 PM »
I doubt I'll ever use this, partially because I have no access to Wi-Fi, but also because it just looks like another weak extension of a pre-existing Wii feature (in this case, the Mii plaza).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:43:22 PM »
It's already turned into the YouTube of Miis. My "popular" list has three Darth Vaders, two Batmans and two Michael Jacksons. Nothing unique or actually worth saving (save for a well-done Frog Mario)--only things everyone has seen before and laughed upon seeing it the first time.
The search feature is pretty poor also.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »
I really really like the humor opportunity that the new skill attribute presents. I also really like figuring out what the initials stand for on the various Miis.

The only thing I've favorited so far was a nice butterfly (B.F.) pattern on the head.

It's also good to see the (first!) contest acknowledging actual Nintendo stuff, unlike the Everybody Votes questions.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 09:45:37 PM »
Yeah.  I set the Mario I submitted as an athelet because he's been in so many sports games and can jump so high.

I favorited that one too. 

Agreed.  I submitted a lot of video game questions. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 09:50:02 PM »
I know. Single player or multiplayer is a way better EVC candidate than "Are telephone poles made from tall trees or wood by-products?" I mean COME ON! That's a fact question, not an opinion one!!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 10:51:22 PM »
Don't forget "Which is colder? North Pole/South Pole" and a few other classics.

I think they're trying to show how many people are dumb.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 11:07:50 PM »
I'm not going to answer the current poll.  It's been over a decade since I had a wrist watch. 

I just uploaded 12 more Miis.  Alien Hominid is still my most popular five-star Mii. 

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 12:03:29 AM »
I won't be able to check it out till the weekend.  My dorm doesn't have a Wifi access point. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 01:36:27 AM »
Okay, guys, if you're not entering the Capless Mario contest, DO! But, give him a ridiculous hairstyle! I submitted Afro Mario. Captain Jim submitted Mario with pigtails.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 09:16:10 AM »
I should make a Darth Mario (based from the middle of a YouTube video I saw in which, Charles Martinet, as Mario, did an Empire Strikes Back impression)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 12:24:35 AM »
Voting for the "Mario Without A Cap" starts today.  You will be presented with 10 randomly selected Miis and can select three of them.  If you can't find three in the ones provided you can swap out for more Miis and the ones you already selected will be carried over. 

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 12:33:51 AM »
Hardly any of these are serious. Even less are any good. I mean, if you're gonna be a jerk and post a joke, don't post yourself or some random woman.
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 12:46:25 AM »
Yeah, there were a few random Miis that looked nothing like Mario.  I guess people were either joking or didn't know what they were doing.  I saw a few bald and one afro Mario too.  I picked to normal looking Marios and one with squinting eyes. 

I also noticed that my Storm Trooper Mii is now more popular than my Alien Hominid.  I figured my DrBrainAge would be more popular by now.  I only saw two similar to mine and they didn't look as much like him as mine did.  I guess with only 50 Miis to favorite there are too many characters more popular than Brain Age. 

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 12:50:25 AM »
What's with the million renditions of Michael Jackson?  I guess if you screw up your facial features that much, that's just asking for caricatures.

Print