Print

Author Topic: Club Nintendo Headed to Australia  (Read 4613 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 16, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »

Why Nintendo of America doesn't start some kind of rewards club is a puzzle to me. While they do have mynintendo.com, the goodies we get here in no way compare to the stream of awesome that is Club Nintendo. Aussie gamers can now also partake in the service, which allows consumers to redeem points for exclusive Nintendo spoils and Wii Points. This news comes courtesy of The Age's Screenplay, a blog that made the discovery while going through their advance copy of Mario Kart Wii.

Link: aussie-nintendo.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:59:03 PM »
That means North America is the only market out of the four main markets without a reward system. Dat sux.

Well, the implamentation of a reward system is a nice way to distract Euro and Aussie gamers from the fact that they get their games roughly a decade after Japan and North America (with a few exceptions).
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:47:37 PM »
Why Nintendo of America doesn't start some kind of rewards club is a puzzle to me.
'
Yeah, what's up with that? Must still be trying to keep those old Japan/America animosties going strong...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 11:00:25 PM »
The last time they were asked about this, they claimed that there were just too many people across too large of an area to deal with in the US compared to other countries.  In other words, they don't want to give up any money.

Print