Poll

Who wins?

PeTA
0 (0%)
Furries
18 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Print

Author Topic: PeTA vs. Furries  (Read 17043 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
Animal cruelty is bad, but we've got to eat something

Er, what happened to vegetables?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
Something with protein in it. That tastes good with spices.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »
There are other ways to get complete protein.

I'm actually a meat eater, I just don't like it when people use that argument.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 04:26:21 PM »
Alright, fine, I'll admit it's a [dukar]ty defense. I still think people are genetically predisposed to be omnivorous, though.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »
Yeah and some people have a predisposition to kill. Descriptive qualities say nothing about the rightness or wrongness of a thing.

Still, I think PETA went full retard. There are an infinite number of possible worlds where killing animals (or wearing a raccoon dog outfit in this case) is the norm. They too can't determine what's good or bad in actuality, so it's pointless to apply them to real life dilemmas.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 08:35:53 PM »
Yeah and some people have a predisposition to kill. Descriptive qualities say nothing about the rightness or wrongness of a thing.
I'm not talking about morals, I'm talking about evolutionarily-ingrained dietary habits.

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
I love the poll results.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 09:48:55 PM »
I totally forgot there even was one.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »
Mario doesn't skin Racoon Dogs alive to get his suit, he gets it from a leaf. I know that game was just a parody, but honestly, the fact that they relate Mario to skinning live animals is disgusting, and saying the game encourages people to wear fur is beyond ridiculous. Who are they trying to convince? I also hate how they imply that the only way to kill animals is to brutally beat and torture them while most methods are quick and painless. How is that different than euthenizing 80% of all the animals they take in? I'm all for the rightful treatment of animals, but PeTA is looking completely one-sided to me, and I'm pretty sure I'll never be supporting them.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 10:25:23 PM »
Who are they trying to convince?

No one. And they never actually are. They do the most absurd things they can think of (trying to rename fish "sea kittens," for example) because even negative attention is attention and attention is all they want.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
Some people that seem to have similar opinions to us. (Only one might show up)
#Invalid YouTube Link#
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vordcaeDDY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vordcaeDDY</a>
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:51:00 PM by bobbysq1337 »

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 02:28:48 AM »
It's no secret that I think furries win... which I'll just leave at that... but seriously, PETA doing this was in really bad taste. And the first time I saw their game, I thought "well that's even more offensive than some of the M-rated games out there today". I sure hope there isn't anyone crazy enough to play the game and take a moral lesson from it. Or any kids for that matter. ...and I think they made the game tough on purpose just to taunt us with skinless tanukis.

But on the subject of a Tanuki suit making Mario fly, I still believe it should be Raccoon Mario credited with making him originally fly, not Tanuki. ...oh right, nevermind, the only raccoon-like animals that Japan has are tanukis, so... Mario had a tanuki tail all along. Which is why it's a round tanuki tail and not a raccoon tail. Wow am I out of the loop.

I can only hope PETA goes the way of Jack Thompson and just disbands and disappear.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:39:48 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

A

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
Mario has been known to use any means necessary to defeat his enemy--even wearing the skin of a raccoon dog to give him special powers. Tanooki may just be a "suit"...
Are they implying that Mario literally murders and skins actual animals to get his suits?
Have they not seen the games?
Those pelts are just lying around already. He didn't make them.
Might as well put them to some use I mean.
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Print