Print

Author Topic: The Best Video Games You've Never Heard Of  (Read 41635 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2009, 05:57:25 PM »
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PS2.  Its stealth element sucks, and there is a lot of stuff in the game that was never in the book, but the graphics are decent and the gameplay is quite good.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2009, 01:23:10 PM »
I don't know if it's underated but Fire Emblem Geneology of the Holy War is a great game. It's considered the best Fire Emblem game but that series may be under-rated.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »
I was going to post something about how I've been playing a bunch of big-name games that no one else here would even dream of playing for one reason or another, but then I saw that the full thread title was about games you've never heard of, not games you've never played (hey, it's been a while since I looked at this thread), and I changed my mind. Having said that...

Silpheed: The Lost Planet is quite good. Cheap, too - I got my copy at GameStop for $4, making it the cheapest Treasure game they sell there.

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
I don't know if it's underated but Fire Emblem Geneology of the Holy War is a great game. It's considered the best Fire Emblem game but that series may be under-rated.

Just started playing at your suggestion.  Very good so far, although I think it's impossible to find a fully translated version...

Anyway, I just played through Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for GBC and was surprised at how fun it was.  Basically just an adventure - RPG that sticks fairly close to the movie while adding specific elements that move the game along (such as collecting Famous Witch/Wizard Cards and using them in battle).
I used to love playing Battletanx (N64) with my friends and family when I was younger, but I'm really not sure if it's underrated or not.  It's a shooter where players control different tanks and blow stuff up.  The multiplayer was really entertaining.
-------------

« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2009, 04:35:47 PM »
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PS2.
Same here, but I think I lost it/it is unreadable by my PS2.

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
Also, anyone else think the original Star Fox (SNES) is totally underrated simply because of Star Fox 64 after it?  I mean, even the Wikipedia article states that the series "officially begins" with SF64, but I still enjoy the SNES game immensely and I think it probably deserves more recognition.
-------------

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »
The original Star Fox is better in my brain just because I've played a lot more of it.

I've been playing a bunch of big-name games that no one else here would even dream of playing for one reason or another
?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2009, 04:03:59 PM »
I've been playing a bunch of big-name games that no one else here would even dream of playing for one reason or another

What, are we talking Hannah Montana games or something?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »
No, I'm talking about games like Spore and Red Alert 3, games that are good but aren't something you guys would care to play (strangely enough, these games are also from EA, though that shouldn't have anything to do with anything).
Hannah Montana is not "big-name" by any stretch of the imagination.

Game a lot of you probably haven't heard of: King's Bounty: The Legend, which is also rather good.

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2009, 04:28:15 PM »
I would like to go on the record that I would dream of playing Spore and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »
Spore is just soooo compleeeex I can't ever possibly understand it.
every

« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2009, 06:16:17 PM »
I, too, would dream of Lizard Dude playing Spore and C&C Red Alert 3.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
the Wikipedia article states that the series "officially begins" with SF64
They're talking about the fact that they rebooted the storyline when SF64 came out.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2009, 11:59:23 PM »
After one game, is there really much of a storyline to reboot?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2009, 11:48:36 AM »
Yes. It was actually a pretty in-depth Star Wars ripoff. You have the plot of the game and the Nintendo Power comic (yes it was canon, even in Japan) to consider, as well as the entirely finished Star Fox 2 which never got released. Star Fox 64 makes it clear that none of the stuff that went down in the SNES era ever happened.
That was a joke.

Print