Print

Author Topic: The REAL Astronaut Story  (Read 11860 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:35 PM »
Use the cloaking device (which has been recharged by this point) to escape the jeep without attention. Purchase a road map at the nearest available retailer, then, hot-wire the jeep (A NASA astronaut should have enough knowledge to do this) and use the map to drive to the nearest large city.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
I ditch the spacesuit (I'm wearing normal clothes underneath) and quickly climb out of the Jeep, then walk calmly to the nearest bank.  While making a withdrawal of about $70, I casually remark to the teller that I am just passing through the town and ask if he would be kind enough to direct me to the nearest bar.
-------------

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 08:08:59 PM »
I ditch the spacesuit (I'm wearing normal clothes underneath) and quickly climb out of the Jeep, then walk calmly to the nearest bank.  While making a withdrawal of about $70, I casually remark to the teller that I am just passing through the town and ask if he would be kind enough to direct me to the nearest bar.

You take off and leave the space suit that has the ability to turn you invisible in the Jeep and get some cash from an ATM, using your bank card in the process. You head to the nearest bar and have a drink.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:48:39 PM by TEM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 08:12:59 PM »
Finish my drink and then hop up on the karoake stage. TIEM FER SUM MUSIK.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 04:18:25 AM »
I get so drunk that I think the shot glass is a beer can and try to crush it against my forehead.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »
I get so drunk that I think the shot glass is a beer can and try to crush it against my forehead.
Smashing the thick glass on your head knocks you out and you fall face first on the floor of the bar. Three seconds later five government officials come in and search the building for you. They never give the passed out yokel on the floor a second glance. An hour later you wake up, you ask the bartender why the place is cleared out. He tells you that some government stiffs were in the building questioning everyone so the tourists scattered. You realize that you had a close call but managed to get under the radar of the US Government's goons. A little groggy, but otherwise okay, you walk outside into the bustling tourist foot traffic. It appears to be about 2:30 PM.

What do you do next?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:52:04 AM by TEM »

Sqrt2

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »
Go to your Jeep and skip town (after stopping at home and getting some supplies).
AA fanboy and proud!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 07:35:55 PM »
Doesn't that assume you have access to the jeep and live in the area?

I decide to rent a room at a nearby motel with the cash I have left.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »
Go to the dentist.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

TEM

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 11:18:29 PM »
I decide to rent a room at a nearby motel with the cash I have left.
Low on cash, unable to use an ATM without alerting the authorities, and dreaming of your lifetime's worth of phat living in the secret desert cache, you decide to rent a room at a seedy motel to formulate a plan and rest.

It's the next day, 8:00 AM. You have about twenty bucks.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:13:56 PM by TEM »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 11:25:22 AM »
Take a cab to the city nearest to where I stashed the gold.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 11:41:38 AM »
I go through the phone book and contact a gold detection and excavation expert, explaining to him that he can get a sizeable portion of the treasure should he decide to help.

EDIT: This story's actually getting pretty cool. Once it's over it should be made into a book, length allowing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:15:56 PM by Glorb »
every

TEM

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 12:16:12 PM »
Take a cab to the city nearest to where I stashed the gold.
You call a cab company and get laughed at when you tell him you want to travel 400 miles and only have 20 dollars. It's 8:05 AM.

What do you do next?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »
I go through the phone book and contact a rather mediocre former construction worker who's actually never excavated anything major before. But apparently he's willing to work for 20 bucks.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 01:02:23 PM »
Go to the dollar store and buy a seemingly unrelated assortment of products that when assembled correctly provide me with a means to contact my robot underlings back at the launch base.
That was a joke.

Print