Print

Author Topic: Mario Theme Video Catalog  (Read 27168 times)

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »
Ah, thank you Deezer. I've been looking for those topics, but the search feature never finds them.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »
Nice project; I hope it goes through! I believe you forgot two more occurrences, though. In Paper Mario, when you jump in a pot in Bow's Mansion, you turn into an 8-bit Mario. While you're an 8-bit Mario, the theme plays. The same thing occurs in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, except you fall through a hole in a ventilation duct in the X-Naut Base which leads to a dressing room. After opening the curtain, Mario and his partners turn 8-bit. While they are 8-bit, the theme plays.

I'll check back often to help out, and I would really like to see when this project gets completed!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:42:50 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »
Ok, so I think I'm about ready to start filiming the first few games, but I need some help. The best recording device that I have is a Flip recorder. It can record up to thirty minutes, and has a USB plug-in. If I use it, I'll be recording a tv (or DS) playing the theme.

Is there some way that I can maybe hook it up to the computer and record directly from that? Or maybe an alternate method..? I mean, recording a tv/DS is fine, but we have a fish tank in the same room as the games, and what I'm afraid of is the fliter sound interferring with the video sound.

I may do a test movie first, just to see how interferring it might be. Any help is appreciated. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 04:08:37 PM »
Does your Flip recorder have any A/V recording features? If it does, you will be able to record your games directly off of the TV. I'm not sure about your DS, though. If you want, I can record some instances in a few games and you can mix them in the video.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »
I can't do recording, since 1. I don't have most of the games and 2. I'd have no way to capture the video other than simply pointing the video camera at the screen (which definitely doesn't work).  Sorry.

EDIT: Also, take Super Mario Land off the list.  The Marine Pop/Sky Pop theme is distinctly different than the SMB theme, in my opinion (you may want to give them a listen just to make sure)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:27:04 PM by -FoxMcCloud- »
-------------

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »
Oh, one more question: How long should each clip be? Let's say I was recording the Toy Time Galaxy song in Super Mario Galaxy. Would I start from the beginning of the level and wait for the song to loop once or would I just let the song play for around 15-30 seconds?

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »
I don't think the Flip has any AV features. I'll have to mess with it some more to find out. Also, unless it's an extremely long wait to hear the theme, from the beginning of each level would be good, letting it get to the loop. I think sitting in the Special Zone in SMW is too long, maybe about ten to 15 seconds before the theme kicks in would be good (let the Special Zone song loop at least once itself).

I guess let's cap off at 30 seconds just for now. That way we'll know if we need to make a clip longer.

you may want to give them a listen just to make sure

I plan on playing through each game to make sure I don't miss any instances. I don't mean starting new files, unless the intsance happens in a spot near the beginning that would be impossible to go back and film (such as Mario singing in the shower in Superstar Saga)

Thanks for the help, everyone!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:17:21 PM by Toad »

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 07:45:06 AM »
You're welcome, Toad! I decided to do those instances in Super Mario Galaxy, since I still have to finish the rest of the files on it.

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 07:56:58 AM »
I can't do recording, since 1. I don't have most of the games and 2. I'd have no way to capture the video other than simply pointing the video camera at the screen (which definitely doesn't work).  Sorry.

That's ok. If you can help us confirm instances and find some more, that would be fine.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 09:55:12 PM »
All right. I finished all of the Super Mario Galaxy instances. Here they are separately:

Toy Time Galaxy - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H08C48Z6
Cosmic Race - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B307QOSF
Mushroom Power-up - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BYITWFUA

If there are any problems please tell me. I hope everything goes well!

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »
Hey! Thanks for those! :D

Is 30 seconds too short? I noticed that the Cosmic Race was near 40. Would 40 seconds be a better time to shoot for?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »
You're welcome!

I actually just waited for each song to loop over once, so songs like Toy Time Galaxy took around a minute to loop. 30 seconds might be too short for some songs. If a song takes really long to loop, I think we should let it play for about a minute.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »
I decided to do the Super Mario Sunshine occurrences. Here they are:

Demo video: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TH8I2XJ0
Hotel Delfino Secret: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QDDLS8OC
Noki Kid: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B4JFAPK3

If there are any problems please tell me! I hope everything goes well!

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 08:25:37 PM »
Super Mario 64 DS- title screen

It also plays when you pick Mario's hat up for the first time.  Also, there are a ton of small allusions to the theme in Paper Mario.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print