Print

Author Topic: Confess!  (Read 142908 times)

« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2010, 06:51:33 PM »
EVOLUTION IS A PROCESS, NOT A PHILOSOPHY OR MINDSET

Yes, MASIAH (an idiot), used the phrase "survival of the fittest" which is commonly used to describe what evolution is. But his story, situation, and argument have NOTHING TO DO WITH EVOLUTION. Nor did he say it did. He was just espousing his Objectivist thoughts on the matter. Turtlekid1 and WeeGee (idiots) then pounced on that phrase in hopes of making a philosophically-neutral scientific theory look bad because it disagrees with a book some dudes wrote two thousand years ago. Then I (an idiot) saw it and wasted time and energy competing in the Special Olympics with them.

« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »
...Because we used the name our your Lord and Saviour, Darwin, in vain.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2010, 06:57:11 PM »
Weegee, my stance on the origin of morals can be explained by this video by Thunderf00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyd6om8IC4M

Evolution is not a philosophy or mindset. It is, however, a scientific process that explains why we (and other animals) act moral towards each other.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:58:56 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »
Whoa, whoa.  What have I done?  I didn't really want a discussion, hence the font choice.  It was meant to be an offhand remark, not a spark to start a wildfire.

Still, I guess it was my own fault.  Sorry 'bout that. 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2010, 07:58:11 PM »
So if we type stuff with strikeout, no one is allowed to respond to it?

« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »
Yeah, that's like crossing out "I hate Jews!" and then not expecting anyone to rebuke it.

« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2010, 10:41:34 PM »
I hate juice!
* Toad spots a change in subject!

I have this terrible habit of picking my fingers until they bleed. I am unsure as to why I do this, but I do it more often when I am nervous or under stress/pressure (lately I've been doing it when worrying about the kids..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2010, 11:42:49 PM »
I kind of do that, too, and vehemently under the same circumstances (though primarily through biting).

I wish I looked more vampiric.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »
As for the statement I made....  Poor choice of words?  Yes.  Socially degenerative?  More like it.  I just said it out of a whirlwind of emotions that I've been feeling lately.  Maybe thats why I thought about it and took the skateboard back, because deep down I knew.  It's all a result of a constant frustration I've been facing lately that partly due to not living the lifestyle I want.  The funny thing is when I said I was good at stealing,  I've never stole from an individual before (like Kyle).  Not that its any better but its always been from large department stores.

There is some truth to this struggle I've recently been going through though.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one thats been going through it.  Coming from a person who has given away more than he is ever going to get back, you can see why one would just say "Screw It." and just start to take.  I've only recently come under the impression that nobody cares about what is going to happen to me and that everyone is out for themselves.  Of coarse, the is not true, not "Everyone" is out for themselves, but it sure as heck seems like it.  If you think there is no class struggle in this day in age, you are sadly mistaken.  People like you and me consider themselves middle-class (beleive me, I used to think this too).  But they're not, there is no middle class, just two extremes.  Lower class, and upper class.  The middle class has been erased.  I'm not making this up, I used to talk about this with my economics professor in college (when I was going).  And he said more than likely, pretty soon we're going to see a massive power struggle between two classes much like in the French Revolution.  I'm just tired of being [dukared] on.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2010, 10:57:12 AM »
Whoa, whoa.  What have I done?  I didn't really want a discussion, hence the font choice.  It was meant to be an offhand remark, not a spark to start a wildfire.

Still, I guess it was my own fault.  Sorry 'bout that. 
Funny......  I out of all people understood what you meant.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2010, 11:11:28 AM »
AAnd he said more than likely, pretty soon we're going to see a massive power struggle between two classes much like in the French Revolution. 

...proof? This isn't the first time America's gone through a recession. Seriously.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2010, 11:36:33 AM »
I've heard other people postulate this theory as well. It isn't in reference to the recession though.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
Look, it's a thread of full of idiots mistaking Charles Darwin for Ayn Rand.
Ayn Rand is super anti-looting/thievery so I can only assume you have no clue what you're talking about or I'm misunderstanding you hard. Rand's morality defines people who leech off of others' achievements as extremely immoral (such as a person stealing something someone else purchased with money they earned). I'd also like to declare that anyone that draws any kind of meaningful parallels between her literary works and BioShock is talking out of their butts.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:43:41 PM by TEM »

« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2010, 12:45:46 PM »
I've heard other people postulate this theory as well.

Another French Revolution: do not want.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2010, 01:50:07 PM »
Shin Chan is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.
I mean the [adult swim] one.
Oh, and YES, I actually took the time to search "teeth, plaque conspiracy, metallica" once on Google. Props if you get the reference. :3
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print