Print

Author Topic: Great, My Wii's Having Problems...  (Read 15631 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: April 18, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »
Yeah, so I was playing GH5, the thing started taking forever to load, and then I just up and got a disc read error. Now, I can't get it to read any discs. The manual said something about just unplugging it for a while--disregarding the fact that I can't see how the AV cord would have anything to do with the disc being properly read, I always unplug my Wii in the interest of minute energy conservation, so I doubt that's part of the problem. Anyone else have something like this happen that can give me some help that doesn't involve online troubleshooting, robot hotlines, and jotting down error codes?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
Mayby the disks are dirty or scratched? You may be putting them in upside-down?
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »
Well, I'd be inclined to agree with you if the problem hadn't started up while I was playing a game. Also, I take pretty good care of my disks, and I mean this in the least confrontational way possible when I say that I'm not dumb enough to all of a sudden start putting disks in upside-down.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:49:30 PM »
Do you have millions of pounds of dust in your house?
Scratch that; I do have that and never have problems with my Wii.
That was a joke.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
I'm just suggesting those things because I don't know what's wrong. Mayby the laser reader's become faulty?

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 02:55:40 PM »
Perhaps the Wii itself is dirty, in which case a simple, manual cleaning might suffice.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:30:29 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »
I don't see how cleaning the manual will help anything...  The one time my Wii crashed was when I was using a faulty MadCatz controller, so there could be an external cause.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »
Well, I'll take all those into consideration... I just don't know what would cause it to happen in the middle of normal play, though! I mean, I think my stuff sometimes screws up because I handle it a little roughly, but I was literally just standing there with the guitar, waiting for The Middle to boot up. (in before "lol your wii is trying to save you from the horror that is Jimmy Eat World")

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »
I belive the proper term is "inb4".

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 06:39:21 PM »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
Why would this be locked? Brian's problem is entirely valid.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
I guess he just couldn't wait for a legitimate reason to use that picture...?

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 08:13:39 PM »
Do you have a copy of Brawl?

Call up the repair line, and tell them that messed your system up. They'll repair it for free.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
You may have tipped the reading mechanism from overheating. How long were you playing GH5?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »
I guess he just couldn't wait for a legitimate reason to use that picture...?
You said in before, Pikachu said inb4, so I thought... picture needs to be posted. But I was thinking of "lock" instead.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print