Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D Land  (Read 59004 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »
When I first heard the title "Super Mario 3D Land", I didn't know it was referring to this game and assumed it to be a remake of Super Mario Land. I was all excited for like 30 seconds until I realized what it was actually talking about.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »
Really? Huh. I knew they'd shoehorn "3D" in there somehow, but I'd kind of hoped it would be more graceful than that. And for a game with "Land" in its title, most of the level footage so far has looked suspiciously like SMG outtakes.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2011, 11:17:33 PM »
Hmm, I think it looks more like SMB3 and SMG had a baby... and that makes me SUPER excited for this game.  Why yes, I WOULD like a combination of my two favorite Mario games!
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2011, 11:23:34 PM »
most of the level footage so far has looked suspiciously like SMG outtakes.

There's more truth in this statement than I would like to believe.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
To be honest I personally don't like the latest Mario games I would rather see Nintendo create a Mario game that looked like this:

Look at that bowser that design was just awesome.
Im so hoping the will create a game that looks like that on Wii U
Has anyone seen my wallet? >.<

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2011, 10:18:53 PM »
The N64 renders are dated and plastic-looking.

Though I do like how Mario actually had darker skin to reflect his heritage. Nowadays he looks ghostly pale.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2011, 02:55:05 AM »
The current promotional renders are plastic-looking too, I wish they'd go back to the art style used in SMB3 and SMW's illustrations
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2011, 05:15:16 AM »
The current promotional renders are plastic-looking too, I wish they'd go back to the art style used in SMB3 and SMW's illustrations

I think the illustrations from SMB3 and SMW's could also make a fun game .
To bad Nintendo never tried to make a Mario game with the awesome artwork the already had.
Just imagine a video game actually looking like the old manuals.

Probably not going to happen; but still I would definitely buy it.
Has anyone seen my wallet? >.<

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »
I'd really love a Mario game with high-res sprites reminiscent of the classic artworks. I don't like when games are in 2.5D and make no use of it--Marvel vs. Capcom 3 gives you dramatic camera angles during hyper combos, Viewtiful Joe has cutscenes, moves and some level designs that take advantage of it, Smash Bros. has its nifty pause screen and the way the camera zooms in and out all the time would be kind of a mess in  a sprite-based game. The New Super Mario Bros. games don't really do anything that wouldn't work with sprites, so it's largely a matter of laziness...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »
Aren't rendered 3D characters harder to animate than 2D sprites?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »
As a matter of fact, they are. Although, I think that mostly applies to film and television as opposed to video games. Video game developers seem to have a better handle on CGI than Hollywood does.

« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »
To be honest, this kind of seems like the game everyone expected SM64 to be. I'm sure it'll be a good game even though I'm sick of "classic throwback mario" games. I can't really expect that much for a hanheld system, and to be honest I could care less just give me Super Mario Sunshine 2 in HD on the Wii U or whatever it's called.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2011, 02:22:02 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2011, 04:43:49 PM »
Now that I think about it, will Nintendo ever make a Mario game with sprites again? The last one that did was... Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story I think. And with Paper Mario on the 3DS, it would appear that Nintendo has moved on from that franchise (though there is a chance of it making a comeback in 3D).
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »

Print