Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D Land  (Read 60042 times)

« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »

Okay lol seriously who is that?
Has anyone seen my wallet? >.<

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2011, 05:18:39 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »
I love this thread
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »
Well it appears that people have opposing views.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2011, 08:23:19 PM »
No I think he was subtly slamming you for using the phrase "could care less" when the proper phrase is "couldn't care less." As in, you care so little that caring less would not be possible.

No, it is I who thinks making another game like Sunshine would be the [dukar]tiest idea

with Paper Mario on the 3DS, it would appear that Nintendo has moved on from that franchise (though there is a chance of it making a comeback in 3D).

Alphadream makes the Mario & Luigi games and Intelligent Systems makes the Paper Mario games. They're both second-party studios to Nintendo but work independently of each other, so "Nintendo" would not be "too busy" doing a game for one franchise to make another for the other. Like if you're kicking a white cat with your foot, your hand is not too busy to fire a gun at a gray one. See?

I think I've probably said it before but I would like it if Alphadream made their next M&L game on a console, still in 2D. With even slicker animation than Bowser's Inside Story had.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
The M&L in-game art has been feeling a bit off to me lately. I guess everything just feels unnecessarily big and spread-out in BIS. Sprites are high-res, but with no added detail; they're just big. The sprites and the map layouts in SS felt much tighter and less clumsy.

I also don't like how the series has become less stylistic. In SS, everything was drawn in an original style, but in PiT and BIS, all the sprites feel like they're just traced from the 3D renders.

It's also noticeable in the color scheme -- M&L had a rather distinct palette, giving it a coherent, unified theme, while PiT and BIS just use the big bright official colors for everything, and it's just kinda all over the place.

For some reason, though, PiT and BIS turn Luigi blue. But the dancing is still good.

Hopefully a sprite-based console version would get them thinking more stylistically again.

You know, I'd really like to see a game (maybe an RPG) based on the cartoons and comic books. Except good.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2011, 10:42:06 PM »
I'm thinking we need another Mario game or subseries with an obvious art shift. We haven't really had one of those since Mario Strikers Charged.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »
Intelligent Systems should make something new. Paper Mario is gettin' stale...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »
Paper Mario is gettin' stale...

STAY YOUR TONGUE, KNAVE

« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »
I guess BP could say that the Paper Mario series..

* Toad sunglasses

.. feels a little flat.

Seriously though: every PM game has been a different experience. There are features that are similar, but each game feels a little bit different.

I agree about the want for an art shift. The last major one was Super Mario Strikers or Mario Hoops. Maybe if they could shift to one similar to DK94..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:13:16 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2011, 08:30:14 PM »
I'd love to see a Mario game with graphics that emulate the series' NES-era concept art:

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
Given how it's now possible to make 2D games that look like animation cels (see Wario Land Shake It for the prime example), I'd say that's a pretty awesometacular idea.

I'd also like to see AlphaDream make a console version of Mario & Luigi that imitates the official artwork.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2011, 12:42:27 AM »
Not the games themselves are getting stale, just the aesthetics. No major changes since the second game...

It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »
And since there's only been three games, and the third one was barely even the same genre, then that statement's honestly not resonating with me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print