Print

Author Topic: Nintendo's Oversight on Wreck-it Ralph's use of Bowser  (Read 5891 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:50:04 AM »
This is a fun little tidbit of news, but it appears that someone at Nintendo was very interested in keeping Bowser's portrayal authentic during his cameo in the upcoming Disney film Wreck-It Ralph:

"We did have kind of a check-in process, where we would show them the footage and say, 'What do you think? Is it good?' At one point, (Nintendo) said, 'Bowser's much bigger than that. He's way bigger than Zangief.' We were like, 'Okay, we'll make him bigger. How's that?' They'd say, 'Yes, that's good -- but he wouldn't drink his coffee like that. He wouldn't make that mouth.' (Laughs) Of course, then people from Sega said, 'Well, Doctor Robotnik is bigger.' (Laughs) They wanted their characters bigger and bigger. We were going to end up with these giants in a room, with Ralph as this little guy... But I think that stuff really helped. I looked back on our original animation before the Nintendo notes, and it was like, 'You know, he does look more like Bowser now.'"
 -- Director Ralph Moore

Additional information is sprinkled throughout the IGN interview with Moore and producer Clark Spencer.  Go take a look!

Source: IGN: Wreck-It Ralph Creators on Using Actual Video Game Characters
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:44:33 AM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 01:54:26 PM »
Licensing all those characters probably accounts for half the cost of the film's production.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
Yet they only make up less than a quarter of the cast.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »
Gee. What DID these clowns know about video games?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:50:07 PM »
Seriously. Any Nintendo fan worth his salt would know how Bowser drinks his coffee.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »
"No, you got it all wrong! Bowser is, like, fifty feet tall!"

"Yeah? Well Eggman is A HUNDRED feet tall!"

"Nah ah!"

"Yuh huh!"

"Then Bowser is INFINITY FEET TALL!"

"Infinity's not a number, Iwata!"

"Infinity's not a number, Iwata!"

"Stop copying me!"

"Stop copying me!"

"I'm a poophead!"

"You're a poophead!"
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 11:12:11 PM »
(Seriously, though, how could Eggman be taller than Bowser? Eggman is a human.)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 12:46:59 AM »
I don't recall Bowser ever drinking coffee in-game (in any game).

I hope the real video game characters play a bigger part in the movie and just aren't there because "This is a movie for gamers LOL" I know nobody said it, but you get my drift..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
^ They don't.

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »
Okay, but what are the odds we’ll actually here the Patron Saint of Awesome Video Game Villains that is King Bowser Koopa say something?
"I'd love to tell jokes... but you'd probably just laugh at me." -- Scott Burns, the One True Voice of Bowser

CrossEyed7

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
RALPH HOW DARE YOU RUIN MY FAMILY VACATION

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
Scott Burns FTW!
"I'd love to tell jokes... but you'd probably just laugh at me." -- Scott Burns, the One True Voice of Bowser

Print