Print

Author Topic: It's the 3DS!  (Read 50665 times)

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »
I guess we're forgetting that GBA games are playable on the DS. It's still a nuisance to know that I'll have to lug two systems around in order to play SMB3/SMW/SMW2:YI/whatever else portably, though.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 05:01:42 PM »
Weegee, why carry around a DS to play GBA games when the GBA (especially the micro, which can probably be had for pretty cheap now) is smaller?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »
Man, once I pretty much 100%'d all the GBA Mario games I stopped playing them. Come to think of it, the last time I played a GBA game not for work purposes was just to test how the Game Boy Player looked through component, and before then who knows? Moral: I don't even play GBA games anymore.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 05:29:37 PM »
why carry around a DS to play GBA games when the GBA (especially the micro, which can probably be had for pretty cheap now) is smaller?
It's still a nuisance to know that I'll have to lug two systems around

He wants to play both. A DS plus something else is not smaller than a DS.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »
That's not the issue here. A 3DS plus a DS wouldn't be smaller than a 3DS plus a GBA.

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »
I guess we're forgetting that GBA games are playable on the DS. It's still a nuisance to know that I'll have to lug two systems around in order to play SMB3/SMW/SMW2:YI/whatever else portably, though.
Nah, man. You'll be busy playing Super Mario Bros. 3 3D, Super Mario World 3D, and Yoshi's Island 3D.

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »
STOP TEASING

OR BEING SARCASTIC

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »
Are you that OCD that you have to carry around games you've already played through dozens of times on a dated portable system that will be a decade old by the time this one comes out?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »
You're forgetting that some of us never moved beyond Tetris or (insert crazy fun puzzle game here).

I wouldn't mind a facelift of SNES Yoshi's Island using the graphics from Yoshi's Story. All the good gameplay and music of the SNES original with the eye-popping visuals of the N64 version. You know, like what we all thought "Yoshi's Island 64" was going to be. In 3D.

So you can... I don't know, tickle Yoshi's belly and have him giggle like the Pillsbury doughboy. I can imagine there'd be some people out there who'd want to actually do that. Glorb gets the "Tickle Freeman's Bod" version.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »
Are you that OCD that you have to carry around games you've already played through dozens of times on a dated portable system that will be a decade old by the time this one comes out?

Super Mario World is my favourite Mario game, The Minish Cap is my favourite Zelda game, The Amazing Mirror is possibly my favourite Kirby game, and I've logged well over 700 hours into the GBA Pokemon games, more than any other generation. If I'm "OCD" for replaying my best-loved titles, you're ADHD for not.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 10:51:54 PM »
penguinwizard, I would argue that Yoshi's Island was better looking than Yoshi's Story, and had a more appealing visual style throughout.
That was a joke.

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »
Super Mario World is my favourite Mario game, The Minish Cap is my favourite Zelda game, The Amazing Mirror is possibly my favourite Kirby game, and I've logged well over 700 hours into the GBA Pokemon games, more than any other generation. If I'm "OCD" for replaying my best-loved titles, you're ADHD for not.

No, but if you care that much for those titles that you absolutely must play them every time you leave your house and would be willing to carry 2 separate systems around to juggle your video game taste, I'd say you're definitely some sort of weirdo.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 05:25:11 AM »
No one here is arguing that Weegee isn't weird.  But he is justifiably so in this case.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 05:36:48 AM »
I don't even consider replay value when I buy games nowadays. If I really want to play through a game again (and it isn't sixty hours long) I will, but whether or not it would be worth doing so doesn't factor at all into my initial purchase.

Given the supposed power of the new system, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo starts offering a Virtual Handheld service this time around. Of course, people would complain that they couldn't play their two-generation-old games without paying for them again, because the GBA is almost certainly fresher in people's minds than the N64 was when the VC went online. In fact, they already are complaining about it.

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
penguinwizard, I would argue that Yoshi's Island was better looking than Yoshi's Story, and had a more appealing visual style throughout.

I agree with this, but I also don't think YS was a terrible game. It just wasn't as good as YI.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print