Print

Author Topic: Sonic Generations  (Read 10119 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »
I don't know. I heard good things about it but I saw some Modern Sonic gameplay and was disappointed that about every level just randomly turned into a 2D side-scroller. That's what Classic Sonic is for. I was hoping to see many of the old levels recreated in full 3D, similar to Sonic Adventure 2's Green Hill Zone. That boost ability just completely ruins the game as well.

Also, why does Super Sonic jump just as high as normal Sonic? Yes, he has more acceleration, but his better jumping abilities are what made him stand out from other characters' super forms.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:40:09 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »
I don't know. I heard good things about it but I saw some Modern Sonic gameplay and was disappointed that about every level just randomly turned into a 2D side-scroller. That's what Classic Sonic is for. I was hoping to see many of the old levels recreated in full 3D, similar to Sonic Adventure 2's Green Hill Zone. That boost ability just completely ruins the game as well.

Also, why does Super Sonic jump just as high as normal Sonic? Yes, he has more acceleration, but his better jumping abilities are what made him stand out from other characters' super forms.
So Modern Sonic is fail and Classic is win? This game is so accurate!

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 03:20:10 AM »
Modern does turn into 2D a lot but the movement is very different than Classic: navigating with midair dashes, homing attacks, and boost versus Classic's spin dash.

I'm actually enjoying Modern more because boosting is so pimp. But Classic or Modern, this game kills Sonic 4.

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 09:10:59 PM »
Something I really appreciate about this game is that every rating and challenge is based almost purely on raw speed alone. "Collecting" bull[dukar] is kept very minimal; time is king. Sonic Generations is basically a weird racing game.

Another thing I like is the fact you can choose the music at all times. You can play every single level listening to "Sonic Boom".

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »
I was finally able to get it on Steam, but I got low FPS. Minecraft runs smoother with Fancy graphics and Far render distance. Any way to fix this?

A

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »
Reprogram Generations so all its graphics are made out of giant cubes with 16 x 16 textures?
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 12:07:43 AM »
Reprogram Generations so all its graphics are made out of giant cubes with 16 x 16 textures?
Could anyone make a CMP server for us to make Minecraft Generations? (Classic and Beta Steve!)

Print