Print

Author Topic: click here if you think Nintendo made all the games for the N64  (Read 3703 times)

« on: July 07, 2000, 10:10:00 PM »
I have been reading some posts and alot of people have been talking about Nintendo's games: DK64, jet force gemini, perfect dark, ect. I just think you should know that none of those games were made by Nintendo! They were all made by Rare. Just because it's on the N64 doesn't mean Nintendo made it. Dont go given credit (or crap) to the wrong peoples...HAL LAB!

Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2000, 09:55:27 PM »
You only posted two topics dissing Nintendo and Rare and you are already starting to bug me. Well, you're right about Rare making those games, but Rare works for Nintendo, so (in my opinion) dosen't that make the com. part of Nintendo? And by the way, Rare's games are not crap. Jet Force Gemini and Perfect Dark are two of the best video games ever. And one more thing, if you don't like Nintendo games, why do you play them? I want an answer from you, Doomba.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2000, 08:15:47 PM »
I aint trying to bug anyone! I like all those games I listed. I wasent calling them crap. I was making a point. If you dont like a game by some other company dont blame Nintendo. Geez dont get so uppety. As for the answer "you want" I like Mario he is a cool character that is why I play Nintendo games and buy Nintendo systems. Its like this. You like an actor in one movie. But dont like another movie that actor is in. Get it? I like mario in SM64 but not in some other games. And no just because a company makes a game for the N64 doesnt make it part of Nintendo. You hafto give all the credit to that company. Alot of people worked on those games and then you say "Wow Nintendo made an awsome game." That gives no credit to the people who actualy made it. I just tell it like it is. And if the truth hurts. The truth hurts!

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2000, 08:48:50 PM »
 Sorry if I offended you.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2000, 06:24:17 PM »
I think what Doomba meant was that the N64 has lack of 3rd-party support, not to be confused with Nintendo when they actually do.
Woohoo.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2000, 05:20:12 PM »
3rd party support?

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2000, 10:11:42 PM »
When a system has 3rd party support, it means that the owner of a system's rights licenses other companies to make software for it.  These companies have no exclusive obligations to the manufacturer, and may release the same game on several systems.  Examples of 3rd parties include Namco, Taito, Acclaim, Virgin, etc.

To my knowledge, a 2nd party developer is a company with close and exclusive ties to a system manufacturer.  (Rare)

Obviously the 1st party is the system manufacturer itself.  (Nintendo, Sega)
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2000, 12:26:52 AM »
Hinopio got it absolutely right.
A third party will make games for all systems. Like Namco (Tekken for PSX, Ridge Racer for N64, Soul Calibur for DC etc).

A second party is usually kept exclusive to one company, but could always go and make games for other systems. Rare is a second party to Nintendo (they had a few games on the Sega Megadrive though aparently), Square is a Second party to Sony now (but previously for Nintendo), and Sonic Team and Bizarre Creations are Second partys to Sega.
Namco used to be almost second party to Sony, but now they've gone completely 3rd party.

And a first party is the company themselves, like Sega, or Nintendo. Sony doesn't have any first party development I think. Just very, very close 2nd partys.
Hope this sheds some light on the situation.

This victory strenthens the soul of Jonaskin!
-Soul Calibur, Sega Dreamcast.
Greatest fighting game ever.
This victory strenthens the soul of Jonaskin!
-Soul Calibur, Sega Dreamcast.
Greatest fighting game ever.

Print