Print

Author Topic: The Bosses stupidity  (Read 3470 times)

« on: July 17, 2000, 08:45:17 AM »
Has anyone noticed whenever you fight a boss in a video game, they have weapons in the arena (or wherever you fight them) that work to your advantage. I'm not saying they're stupid, but they should know better then to just leave those weapons alone. I know four bosses who have this problem:
Bowser: In SM64, there are bombs in all the arenas where you fight Bowser.
Bowser clones: They're on a bridge that's over a pool of lava and there's an ax to cut the bridge behind them.
Wart: I've never fought Wart, but I've heard he has a veggie making machine(or whatever it is) in the place where you fight him, and his weakness is veggies.
K.Rool: In DK64, those weapons keep appearing in the ring. I dought anyone is making those weapons (mostly barrels) appear from outside 'cause they don't have that kind of technology.
Anyone know any other bosses that have this problem? Anyone?

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2000, 09:18:13 AM »
mnn... maybe they want to be 'sporting' and give the competition a sliver of a chance... I don't know.. perhaps I should just be quiet.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2000, 09:58:01 AM »
Ax?
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2000, 11:41:16 AM »
I think I spelled axe wrong, but you what it is, the sharp thing that cuts the bridge so the Bowser clone will fall in the lave.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2000, 01:35:23 PM »
It is correctly spelled either ax or axe.  You don't cut the bridge, you pull out that peg at the far side, and it collapses, at least in the original "Super Mario Bros.," I can't speak for "Deluxe."
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2000, 12:40:17 AM »
It's kinda weird isn't it? A perfect example is Chaos 6 in Sonic Adventure. Chaos is made of water, and Robotnik is flying around throwing ice bombs at you. Which you can of course pick up, throw at Chaos, freeze him and shatter him.

This victory strenthens the soul of Jonaskin!
-Soul Calibur, Sega Dreamcast.
Greatest fighting game ever.
This victory strenthens the soul of Jonaskin!
-Soul Calibur, Sega Dreamcast.
Greatest fighting game ever.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2000, 08:12:08 AM »
I wasn't expecting a Dreamcast boss, but that's okay. I'd just like to say that it okay to talk about a non-Nintendo boss in this topic, like that @ss, Dr.Cortex (from Crash Bandicoot). Speaking of that big headed baffoon, he does something stupid too.
After he throws these landmines(in CBWarped) he turnes off the force Feild protecting him.

Even though it's okay to talk about bosses from different systems, lets not forget this is a Mario messagr board, so we should probably have more Nintendo bosses.

Print