Print

Author Topic: Classic Super Mario Levels coming to New Super Mario Bros. 2 - for free  (Read 11142 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: November 26, 2012, 09:36:23 PM »
A new Nintendo Direct was released by NCL today, revealing that a special classic level pack will be released for New Super Mario Bros. 2.  In celebration of gamers collecting over 300 billion coins in the game, the pack will be free until January 31st.  The pack will consist of rearranged levels from Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. 3, and will feature new secrets hidden within the classic layouts.

At the moment, the level pack is only confirmed for Japan; hopefully a U.S. Nintendo Direct will appear shortly.

Source: Nintendo Direct
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:03:18 PM by MEGAߥTE »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
Sounds awesome! I wonder how many levels they'll include.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »
Free for USA from now until the end of January!
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=36126

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
Does Canada count as part of the USA?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »
Downloaded them; very interesting and cool interpretations. I still need to try them with a Super Leaf/Raccoon/whatever they call it in this game.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 07:58:21 PM »

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »
Hmmm.. it appears there are only three levels in this special pack. According to video (since I don't own the game): SMB 1-1, SMB3 1-1, and Mario Bros stage

Not that I'm complaining too much, I hope.. I just kinda thought it would be moreso "select handfulls of levels from *insert game here*" (except Mario Bros. There are only so many ways to make that stage a new stage..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 11:16:06 PM »
From what I've found, the levels contain bits of other levels (or entire other levels) hidden within them. SMB 1-1, for instance, contains all of 1-2 inside a pipe.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »
Ah.. that would make sense, I guess..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
They're only playable in Coin Rush, right?

EDIT: Downloaded them. I'm impressed at the amount of content in the throwback stages.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:31:13 PM by Weegee »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
Does my heart good to see Nintendo doing things I like.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »
The levels were better than I'd expected.  I thought they would simply be the classic levels with NSMB art, physics, and coins everywhere.  I like how they mixed a few things up. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 06:15:46 PM »
Do you think Nintendo will reissue these levels? I don't see myself getting NSMB2 before the end of January.. :(

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 07:05:52 PM »
They'll be available forever, just not free.

Print