Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Yoshi's Island 2  (Read 21211 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: May 09, 2006, 01:47:32 PM »
Yoshi’s Island™ 2 (temporary name)
Format: Nintendo DS™
Launch Date: Q4 2006
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: Platformer
Accessories: TBA
Players: TBA
Developer: Nintendo
KEY INFORMATION
• Return to the colorful wilds of Yoshi’s Island in a new platforming adventure for Nintendo DS.
• Saddle up for adventure. This time, Baby Mario™, Baby Donkey Kong® and Baby Peach are along for the ride – and each one gives Yoshi™ access to unique powers while they cling to his back.
• Thanks to the power of Nintendo DS, all of the lush vistas and perilous paths of Yoshi’s Island span two screens.

Game storyline: A mysterious floating island has suddenly appeared over peaceful Yoshi’s Island. Soon after its arrival, a gaggle of kids vanishes from the island school. Thankfully, Baby Mario, Baby Peach and Baby Donkey Kong manage to avoid being kidnapped. Now, Yoshi and the three young superstars must set out on a wild and colorful quest to rescue the kids and investigate the ominous island hovering overhead.

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »
YOSHI'S ISLAND 2??????

This is unbelievable! ANOTHER new Mario-related platformer for the DS! And it has Baby Donkey Kong?!?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 06:38:18 PM »
Finally. A Mario history lesson.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:09:02 PM »
OMFGoodness... look!

http://e3src.nintendo.com/games/ds/yoshis_island_2/

It looks a LOT like the original!
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 09:47:26 PM »
If this turns out to be another of DS's mini-game games like Yoshi's Touch and Go I swear....

But it has a lot of the level designs from the first so that's good. The secondary screen seems iffy. Not being in the center of the screen ( or either of them ) like most other side scrollers could be a problem.
Senior Mariology professor

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 11:50:31 PM »
Yeah, it looks really similar. That's not a bad thing. I'm hoping it won't be too easy, Yoshi had 8 eggs in the video... Maybe we'll find out why Donkey Kong became a barrel-throwing guy with a motionless face.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 06:37:53 AM »
I don't know.  I'd like to see an adventure/platformer in which Baby Mario and Baby Luigi save Baby Peach
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »
Wow.  That's crazy.  But it looks fun too.  Hopefully not too easy though.  I really don't like when Nintendo makes things too easy for younger kids.

How did Baby Mario come back to Yoshi's Island after the stork brought him back to his parents?  And why didn't Luigi come too?  Was he kidnapped with the other children?  Does that mean that Mario's family moved to Yoshi's Island along with other humans?  So many questions.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 10:47:23 AM »
Geez, I'm going to die if Nintendo keeps announcing all these games that are greater than our existence. I no longer regret working 4 hours a day after school considering I'm going to need it all to afford all these games that reek of awesomeness.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
I guess 2006 might be the "Platnium Year" ...or something

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 05:25:42 PM »
this game looks awesome. its funny that nintendo is making a sequal to an eleven year old game. but us fans havent forgot about it. know i just have to beat yoshis island 1 so i understand the story for the sequal. *grabs gameboy and plays away* by the way im on the level underground cave.

Sqrt2

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 02:53:28 AM »
Personally I'm not keen on the idea of a 'baby DK'.
AA fanboy and proud!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 06:02:46 PM »
There was a Baby DK in the DKC TV show, so maybe Nintendo is going obscure or something.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 06:49:13 AM »
**Spelling Lesson for MSM= platinum** (no offense)

I think my favorite game on the SNES was Yoshi's Island, and this will be definitely another of my favorite games. I wonder why they don't have Baby Luigi, too. Baby DK does seem a little odd.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 12:07:27 AM »
It really seems like the baby characters' popularity is growing.
I really hope they put Baby Wario in this game...
I own a Virtual Boy...I guess that's it

Print