Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Island 2 renamed  (Read 6948 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: October 04, 2006, 10:24:37 PM »
Today, Nintendo of America revealed that Yoshi's Island 2 has been renamed Yoshi's Island DS. In this sequel to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Baby Mario, Baby DK, Baby Wario, and Baby Peach team up with the Yoshis to find Baby Luigi, who has been captured by Kamek. Yoshi's Island DS will release in the US on November 13.

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:23:05 AM »
A thought just occured to me:  Nintendo games are like symphonies in how they named so pragmatically.  Opus 1, 2, 3... Game 64, Game DS, Super Game...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 01:55:26 PM »
Yoshi's Island DS, eh? I'd perfer Yoshi's Island 2. Nintendo could've at least had a creative subtitle, like Yoshi's Island: Dark School. Okay, that sucks, but you get the idea.

Also, Nintendo released what appeared to be a near-final version box art for the game, so why just suddenly change the name?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:01:40 PM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »
I agree.  Yoshi's Island DS makes it seem like a remake like SM64DS instead of the sequel that it is.  Yoshi's Island: Deep Secret would be a cool name since <spoilerz> the game reveals what "L is Real" means.  Heh.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 03:39:06 PM »
Meh, I think the practice of working the letters DS into a game's title has gotten old.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 08:56:49 PM »
Well, DS and 2 are both redundant titles. I would've prefered a real subtitle.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 01:29:15 AM »
How about:  Yoshi's Island:  Dueling BajoS
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 05:41:01 AM »
What would banjos have to do with the game?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 06:02:55 AM »
Meh, I think the practice of working the letters DS into a game's title has gotten old.

Yes, indeed it has, but at least it would've been better than just slapping "DS" at the end of the title.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 01:46:33 PM »
Let's see how many games end in DS:

Mario Kart DS
Super Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros. is really considered as Super Mario Bros. DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Touch n Go (It relates to the DS)

There really isn't much games that end with DS. Only 6 I can name off the bat.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 03:08:55 PM »
Let's see how many games end in DS:

New Super Mario Bros. is really considered as Super Mario Bros. DS
No, not really.

Yoshi's Touch n Go (It relates to the DS)
Of course it relates to the DS, it's a DS game.

There really isn't much games that end with DS. Only 6 I can name off the bat.
What's the sixth one?

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 06:44:04 AM »
Hmm, I don't care but DS totally stands for Different Storks. :)
I'm a horrible person.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 08:50:13 AM »
No, it's different babies. Most likely it's the same stork.

Print