Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console  (Read 10596 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 12:41:43 AM »
I got it. Do ANY VC games truly require Classic Controllers, or does the GC controller cut it? I'm fine with the Wiimote all by itself for SMB... If it's going to be on even while I use a Wavebird, then I'm wasting batteries.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 01:15:26 AM »
I thik there are (or will be) a few that need the Classic Controller. Namely SNES games that make use of A, B, X, and Y.

On a side note, I downloaded SMB today. Took me a while to get used to it again.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 12:14:32 PM »
You can play SNES games on the GCN controller. The buttons are just in the wrong place.
I think there are a few that are supposed to need the classic controller.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 12:35:15 AM »
I haven't heard of any.

Street Fighter II layout is a bit odd on GCN-controller. I can see why there weren't many fighting games on Cube. My best opponent kept demanding that we switch to PS2 for medium punch purposes.

Bird, the remote shuts down after a few minutes of no use, so you shouldn't worry too much.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 03:54:03 AM »
LD: Soul Calibur for the Cube was pretty awesome.
Last night I got SM64 and played it with the Gamecube controller, it was alright, since you can use the L trigger in place of the Z button. However, I doubt any games that require a lot of use of the Z button will work, unless they substitute the Z button with the L trigger.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »
Well think about it. Most games that use Z don't use L at all. There are a few, but most of them can safely assign Z functions to the L button on the GCN controller. As it stands right now, they can make different control schemes for each game. So I don't see much of a problem.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 02:18:47 PM »
Yes, Soul Calibur doesn't use the traditional 3-punch, 3-kick system. That's why it fit the Cube controller nicely.

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »
LD: Soul Calibur for the Cube was pretty awesome.
Last night I got SM64 and played it with the Gamecube controller, it was alright, since you can use the L trigger in place of the Z button. However, I doubt any games that require a lot of use of the Z button will work, unless they substitute the Z button with the L trigger.

It seems like they've mapped the Z button in N64 games on the Virtual Console to the Z trigger on the Gamecube controller, and the L button.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 12:00:15 PM »
This sounds cool. Is the Virtual Console Super Mario Bros. game any different from the original on the Nintendo Enertainment System?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 12:13:17 PM »
No.

Print