Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704715 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8055 on: January 12, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »
I think we all just want a return to the PM/TTYD battle system.  Am I the only one who thinks it's one of the best turn-based battle setups?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #8056 on: January 12, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »
I agree. I like that it's simple, having only 2 stats (used in battle) that have a clear use, as well as having the Action Commands instead of RNG elements. (except for when you have low health and you get "Lucky")

« Reply #8057 on: January 12, 2014, 07:30:30 PM »
Super Paper Mario is kind of a slog to play through. It has funny parts, but most of the story is something out of a bad fanfic.

Not to mention, the characters are all so two-dimensional.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #8058 on: January 12, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »
I already know you don't have a soul so no one should be surprised that you don't like Super Paper Mario.

I love TTYD , yet SPM is one  the most agressivelly mediocre thing I've ever played. Last Battle is legitimately a better RPG platformer.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8059 on: January 12, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
Not to mention, the characters are all so two-dimensional.
http://youtu.be/LekUKeFijxc
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8060 on: January 13, 2014, 01:27:50 AM »
Aggressively mediocre, that wraps up my feelings about SPM nicely.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #8061 on: January 14, 2014, 01:10:37 AM »
I liked SPM rather a lot. It doesn't really come close to TTYD, but that doesn't keep it from being good, I think. Perhaps my standards are just lower than most.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8062 on: February 08, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »
Amazon movies seem to take longer to load now.  Should I blame Verizon FiOS? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8063 on: February 08, 2014, 07:05:32 PM »

« Reply #8064 on: March 28, 2014, 12:51:34 PM »
Laptop's motherboard died overnight, so I'm left posting from my parents' computer until I buy a new one. Didn't expect it to happen without warning.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #8065 on: March 28, 2014, 03:02:42 PM »
Uh Oh
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #8066 on: March 28, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
If anything happens to their laptop while I'm using it, it's you guys' fault. Just a heads up.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #8067 on: March 28, 2014, 10:46:36 PM »
If you ask my parents, or my friends' parents, or my girlfriend's parents, or really just about anyone over 30 whose computer I touch, every computer problem is my fault. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring blame.

What I'm saying is bring it on.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #8068 on: March 28, 2014, 11:48:08 PM »
But he's the one who knows all the tech stuff!! One time, he got Obama out of our internet!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8069 on: April 26, 2014, 09:54:04 PM »
So you may remember that my laptop from 2008 died about a year ago, and since then I've been using my laptop from 2006. Recently I got so fed up with it running so slow that I installed Lubuntu on it. It's been working pretty nice so far, though it took a pretty long time to make my wireless router work with it (I initially wrote "to figure out how to make my wireless router work" but I don't want to use that wording because I don't think I actually learned anything; I copied things into the terminal window and it didn't seem like it was working and then I restarted a few more times and now it usually does work except when it doesn't except now it does for some reason (except now my actual internet connection isn't always working anyway)).

Anyway, for some reason, Chrome (or Chromium, I guess) recently decided not to recognize most of the keys on my keyboard. Page Up and Page Down work, Shift and arrow keys work, Home and End and Enter and all the letters and numbers don't. So I've been having to write things in other text editors and paste them over here.

I'd just been using Leafpad (that's Notepad), but then all of a sudden it started randomly taking my cursor back to the beginning of the line every few characters. So then I started using Abiword (that's Wordpad), and it was annoying because when the text cursor is blinking, it didn't really feel like erasing the cursor after drawing it, so when I moved the cursor around on the screen, it would just all turn black until I put a space in somewhere and it was like "oh, hey, I should redraw these pixels now I guess."

And so I was going to tell bobbysq1337 about how I fixed his link where he had a plus sign where there should have been an equal sign, and then all of a sudden it comes out like this:

And so I was like "whYur? wYur helYur compYur doinYur?" And I opened up Leafpad again and now it's playing nicely again. And I don't know if it's a problem with a driver or some settings I'm triggering somewhere or even just a physical problem with an 8-year-old laptop with some of its keys missing. I want a new computer.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print