Print

Author Topic: Mario appears in Simpsons Super Bowl episode  (Read 10620 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: February 07, 2005, 03:05:02 PM »
Mario made his second cameo appearance in The Simpsons during a special Super Bowl episode last night. For those of you who missed the scene where Homer defeated Mario Donkey Kong-style, we will have a video clip available soon.

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 04:01:42 PM »
Are you serious?  I was almost going to watch that episode too, but homework got in the way.  Darn.
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 06:02:28 PM »
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:21:41 PM by Marionater »

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 06:13:55 PM »
I was getting out of my room to get something, and immediately recognized a jumping-over-barrel sound, and thought "And there's another one for TMK".  Then I was suddenly allowed to get back on to see #tmk for some reason.  In conclusion, I need a new needle, but I probably won't get one.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 06:28:11 PM »
Watch it here. [1850kB DivX format]

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 08:04:33 PM »
It would have been neat if they could have hired Charles Martinet to do his voice, just for added effect.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 09:58:08 PM »
My computers nutty........ At least I could HEAR it......

Blam this peice of garbage! .....Oops. Wrong site....
TMK fan since three years ago!

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 11:15:32 PM »
MMXP, you need the DivX codec.

Yeah, they really should have hired Martinet.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 11:21:04 PM »
For those wondering, the episode's title is "Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass", and is episode #GABF02.
It seems as though the Simpsons people managed to settle copyright disputes over character image. The previous time Mario made a "Simpsons" cameo, his shirt was pink and he and Luigi had swapped their sizes.
BTW, I've also noticed a Donkey Kong-based scene in the Fairly OddParents episode "Fairy Fairy Quite Contrary" (#16A), and I can provide an explanation and screenshot of it if TMK wants it.
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 01:23:56 PM »
Hey I emailed about the Fairly Odd Parents episode but no-one said anything!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 02:22:15 PM »
About 100 other people have e-mailed about it too.  We're tired of hearing about it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 07:51:59 PM »
Thanks for the video MEGAߥTE.  I thought I had it recorded on my TiVo, but "some football game" went into overtime.  (I also just realized that I don't have DivX on this machine yet.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 12:01:29 AM »
Man, that was funny! I'm quoting it to all my friends, and they think I'm crazy. Until the episode comes on here in the Land of Oz, then they'll still think I'm crazy.

Oh, and what does happen in the Fairly Odd Parents episode?

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 03:17:39 PM »
The Fairly Oddparents thing is mentioned in an old mailbag isn't it?

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 05:14:55 PM »
In the Fairly Oddparents episode, some kid named Remmy Buxaplenty who is very rich has a fairy godparent. Once he finds out Timmy Turner has fairy godparents (and vice versa), he challenges Timmy to a magical duel. In the first match, the godparents must rescue their child from a big ape- the monkey is on top of something similar to the original Donkey Kong game and he's throwing barrels down it. Also, if so many people are sending this in, why don't you mention it? Also, I sent an MP3 of the cartoon intro from the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, which I noticed you DON'T have, a LONG time ago (September of earlier), and have gotten no response, never saw it on the site, or anything.

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Print