Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 7 announced  (Read 8503 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: May 17, 2005, 01:58:41 PM »
They may as well just number these by year...

From Nintendo:

The entire Marioâ„¢ gang is back for the seventh installment of the incredibly popular Mario Party® franchise. Players everywhere will set their controllers to fun as they run, jump, swim and fly through more than 80 new mini-games. But this party's about to get a lot bigger...because EIGHT people will now be able to battle each other at one time. The microphone peripheral from Mario Party® 6 also makes a grand return – and with the new Mic Grand Prix mode, there will be plenty of voice-over madness for everyone. The addition of two new playable characters, Dry Bones and Birdo, will ensure that even seasoned Mario Party vets can experience a new world of wackiness.

Edited by - MegaByte on 5/17/2005 1:06:57 PM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 09:15:58 PM »
what i wanna know is... where on earth did they dig Dry Bones up from? (no pun intended) he's a playable character in Mario Baseball and Super Mario Kick Strike as well. is he gonna be their new best friend like Petey Piranha and Bowser Jr.? jeeze.

i say, as long as they come up with brand new gimmicks for the Parties, crank 'em out.

just stopping in for my once in a blue moon visit.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 05:17:09 AM »
Yeah, but when am I ever gonna actually buy one? Now I have to wait for 7? Ugh!

Random Manga Quote:
"You''re in love with her, but you''re too scared to deal with it. So you walk around like you got a permanet chip on your shoulder."--Kensuke Yura. Girl Got Game volume 8 chapter 1.

Edited by - Latias Dita on 5/18/2005 4:17:35 AM
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 07:27:59 AM »
Nintendo must be getting a lot of requests for old enemies... or they have some kind of high favortism for them now.  I kind of wish Battle T would return because he was a good compliment to Toad.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 04:36:34 PM »
Oh joy. I know that this is going to be a seriously groundbreaking game. It's gonna be TOTALLY different than MP6, I can assure you that.

I think they should just make a MP Collection with every mini-game and every board there was in every MP game. THAT would be cool.

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 04:51:03 PM »
Dry Bones???  Why Dry Bones??  Birdo is great, but, why him?  They could've thought of someone else.  Why not bring back Kamek?  He's always great.

Why don''t they just give the stupid rabbit some Trix?  
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 05:58:41 PM »
oh no, this guy's gonna start up another Sex Of Birdo Debate Flame War.

just stopping in for my once in a blue moon visit.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 06:13:51 PM »
Boomstix, Was that sarcasm? The "Oh joy." thing.
Slap-Worthy!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 07:37:17 PM »
Mario Party 2006! Hooray!

Mario Party 2007! More hoorays!

Mario Party XLDSGBA54Pro! Massive hoorays! Wait...

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 08:46:05 PM »
Putting Dry Bones in is a cool idea. Finally another famous character originally from SMB3!

The Blue Toad: Birdo is a girl. She was a girl originally in Doki Doki Panic (the early, non-Mario version of SMB2), but they said she was a boy in the booklet of the NES SMB2. Later, though, they reversed their decision and said she was a girl again.

I'm not trying to turn this thread into a debate; I'm simply informing you of the facts.

Edited by - smfan1085 on 5/19/2005 7:47:27 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 05:25:48 PM »
I wonder if DK would be back to everyone in this game. Mario´ll sure be happy.

Edited by - Ana Carolina Teruya on 5/23/2005 7:00:06 PM

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 05:20:35 AM »
Perhaps they decided to put dry bones in there, to get the same kind of humor that's in The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, with Grim. You know, like Dry Bones wacks the ball with his femur, instead of a baseball bat. Gags like those.

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 10:06:34 PM »
Oh great, I just realised that this won't be on the Revolution.  I can understand 3 parties for the N64 but you don't need 4 with the Cube!  Ugh, would it kill them to take a break for once?  I love Mario Party and find something fun in each one, but this has gone too far.  They now have a good chance to make some huge improvements like online play just by waiting awhile and they keep it going forever on the same system!  Oh brother.  However, if this is online-supported in preparation for the Rev I can survive, but if not... *grits teeth*  Sorry I'm not usually like this but for once I'm starting to agree with the majority.  Hold your horses, Ninty!

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 6/3/2005 9:08:14 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 07:59:38 PM »
I do not know why everybody is saying all this stuff about MP. I love MP and own and 100% all 7 MPS. It is like pokemon. The same repetitive things but I will get MP7. I hope a mic will be included because my mic works fine but doesn't work in Mic Mode but it works when you test it in the options. There are 8 MPS but MP-e is not a real MP.

Mario the plumber,
Mario the doctor,
Mario the Hero,
Mario the Party Animal,
Mario the everything!!!!!  

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 01:27:52 AM »
Dry Bones! Dry Bones! *Sigh* before you know it you'll be hearing of Dry Bones as a playable character in the next Super Smash Bros.

Funny thing is after seven games I have not bought a single Mario Party game though I did hire Mario Party 1, 2 and 3. I'm thinking of buying Mario Party 8 but only if it's on the revolution and has online capabilities.

Edited by - Dark viscount on 6/15/2005 12:29:39 AM

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 01:37:40 AM »
Hey, if there's 3 for the N64 and 4 for the Cube, does that mean there'll be five for the Revolution?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 10:09:12 AM »
Probably not. I have a feeling somethig is going to happen (good or bad) to the Mario Party franchise.

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 10:52:34 AM »
I would prefer it is bad. Mario Party is just getting too old and repetitive.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 10:52:38 AM »
I predict that the Nintendo DS either will or will not have Mario Party games.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 10:53:30 AM »
Deez! We just posted at the exact same time! Sweet.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 04:58:45 PM »
Well, I have all the other Mario Party games, except for Mario Party Advance. But I wish you could play as DK instead of crappy characters like Koopa Kid. But I kinda like Dry Bones, so it's not so bad.

I'm a-Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 03:19:15 AM »
Am I the only one or are the Warioware games suffering from Mario Party syndrome?

Edited by - Dark viscount on 6/17/2005 2:23:07 AM

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »
No! Each of those is unique and brilliant.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2005, 06:42:29 AM »
Yeah I know but they've released two Warioware games in one year which is quite a lot when you think of it.

Edited by - Dark viscount on 6/22/2005 6:01:34 AM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2005, 08:47:49 AM »
Yes, but at LD said, "Each of those is unique".    The Mario Party games are all very similiar.  The same could be said of the WarioWare setup, but Twisted requires you to "twist" the handheld, and Touched required the touch screen and mic.  Those are very different input devices.  The first two WarioWares used the same button masher control schema, but the origianl GBA version was single player, a few minigames aside, and portable.  The GCN version was a multiplayer console version with a few more games.

Although I know virtually nothing about the Revolutions controller and haven't even heard of a Revolution version of WarioWare, but if/when one is released I am sure I'll buy it.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2005, 10:23:44 AM »
That would be amusing, but by my logic, the gravy train will derail at Mario Party 9 or 10.

I do enjoy the Mario Party series as well, but my favorite has been 3. I haven't played 6 yet.

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2005, 10:32:32 AM »
AHHH! Another one!

Nintendo rules.

Nintendo rules.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005, 04:54:22 PM »
If you don't own any of the Party games and haven't played one for a long time, they aren't that annoying.  I would probably want the "--Party Advance", because it's cheaper than a GC version(unless it isn't).  Of course, the first game on my "Get This Game Already, Stupid!" List is Paper Mario 2...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print