Poll

Which Installment of the Mario Kart Series Contains your favorite version of Rainbow Road?

Super Mario Kart
4 (7%)
Mario Kart 64
32 (56.1%)
Mario Kart Super Circut
3 (5.3%)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
9 (15.8%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP
0 (0%)
Mario Kart DS
6 (10.5%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
0 (0%)
Mario Kart Wii
3 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Rainbow Road  (Read 24220 times)

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »
I think the Wii RR was pretty good. The only draw back is that it's not a remix of the N64 RR. Also, I hate it how sometimes my color-blindedness causes me to just drive off the road without me knowing it. It sucks, but it's funny if you saw it happen.

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »
The Wii RR is pretty tough; pure practice gave me the edge on it these days. I like the DS RR for the giant loop; putting Upside-Down ? boxes and bananas made it the perfect ambush (especially on Wi-Fi).   
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2008, 05:15:08 PM »
dude you completely forgot Mario Kart Wii.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2008, 05:18:45 PM »
dude you completely made a poll before Nintendo made Mario Kart Wii.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 06:37:26 PM »
I selected the 64 version, although Double Dash was a close second.  The music was similar, and the level was a lot more challenging than the N64 track, but it's nowhere near as long or magical.  Where are all the Neon smiles?!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
SMK- Best rainbow road in terms of just how much it kills you. When you hit a jump wrong just a bit off and it overshoots you because of that Thwomp that was going to be in the way, land on the edge, hop frantically while trying to veer the other way, repeat, and barely make it but keep going, that's what made this the one most awesome one for me. And who can argue with the fresh-out-the-80's techno kinda electric bump song they had going on? Can't beat it! Also when you started to plateau on the power band and were cruising, you'd be getting around quick! ...or any track for that matter on SMK.

MK64- I liked the length, but on the second lap the advertised "2000m" wasn't appealing to me. Sure you can VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE like a motha around the floating star and in some other places, but other than that.... kinda bland, save for the neon faces in case you forget which character you're playing and never see the front of them. Good sense of speed. Fun to avoid Chain Chomps.

MK:SC- Fun, good music, Mario Party 2-3 voiceovers. Brings back the days.

MK:DD- Rainbow Road kinda seemed bland to me, also. Very annoying with drifting the 195º hairpins at times, but fun when you'd almost fall off but get it. It was cool that Mushroom City was under it. The pipe didn't bother me at all. How else would Nintendo elevate you quickly in a Mario game? A pipe, lolol.

MK:DS- Very good rainbow road. I loved DS altogether though.

MKWii- The long tradition of using that little bit of the MK64 rainbow road song was gone now, replaced by part of Good Egg Galaxy, which I doesn't bother me, really. I figure Nintendo was like 'no more 64 bits because we're revolution'   Very fun track, elevating pipe gets replaced with Sling Star (with corresponding sound effect from Galaxy when you enter it and going up in pitch if people behind enter right behind you, or vice versa. Too bad it didn't go with the rainbow road music like galaxy's sling stars did. Slowest feel of any rainbow road. Unless you're boosting somewhere you're crawling and they tried to compensate for how slow it was gonna be by adding all those speed thingies.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2008, 07:13:31 AM »
VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Haha, nicely done.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2008, 05:21:30 PM »
Why does MK64 have so many votes?  Sure, the music was great, but it's by far the least interesting of any of the games.  Walls are weaksauce.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2008, 09:29:27 PM »
I think just more people have played or own MK64 than many of the other Kart games.  MK64 was my first racing game, and I wouldn't have gotten MK:SC if my friend didn't sell it to me along with his GBA.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2008, 01:36:49 AM »
Whoa, I never actually looked at the votes before. That is insanely unbalanced.

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2008, 02:27:42 AM »
imo, DS > SC > SMK > 64 > DD. Nothing personal against any of them (I love the Double Dash version, just not as much as the others) but those are how they stack up for me. Never played MKWii, or the Arcade GPs.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »
I really enjoy Wii's Rainbow Road. Situated above Canada and Greenland, it is definitely the most beautiful. The colors in the track aren't the static red, orange, yellow, etc combination you see in previous games, but rather a more alive, fascinating color design that reminds me of the colors you see in bubbles. Visually, my favorite feature is the galaxy in the background. Its music is my favorite of all the Rainbow Roads, and I like the detail of seeing your character burn up in the Earth's atmosphere as he or she falls off, and smoking when placed back on the track. The vertical ramps situated all over the first half of the course make it feel more exciting by seeing the kart fly up into thin air above the Earth and then safely coming back down to the track.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:35:55 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »
Can't I vote for more than one? :(

I like the look of MKW's, the music from SMK's, the voices from MK64/MKSC (they were virtually the same anyway), and the speed of MKDD's. I hate that future RR's have had walls.. I really liked the fact that if I missed a turn by just an inch that I would fall off the track. Made things hectic.

The music in MKW's was good, but I wish it had more from SMG in it.. I can hear where they tried to mix it in, but it didnt' turn out quiet as good. AS a side note: I miss the random faces floating off in the distance from M64's, as well as Bowser's Castle (from Paper Mario) floating out there (MKSC has the RR that featured this).

What can I say. I like my RR's. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
F-Zero 64's Rainbow road is my favorite one because it's not famous and it's a secret resemblance to Mario Kart 64's!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:47:19 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print