Print

Author Topic: Disturbing Luigi's Mansion pic  (Read 21295 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: December 09, 2007, 04:46:12 PM »
I was looking at footage from the Beta Luigi's Mansion, and at the end I saw this creepy image

Oooooogh Weegi looks like he got up on the wrong side of the bed.
I've read that this image shows up when Luigi dies and you don't continue.  Is this true?
I'm too scared to find out for my own.  Really.  This image is the one thing in LM (Beta or Final) that actually succeed in scaring me.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 04:57:04 PM »
This reminds me of the REAL thing that happens when your in the Phone room. Pick up a phone, and when Luigi's talking through it, his shadow is being HANGED. It even lightly swings, like in the wind.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 04:57:38 PM »
Actually I remember seeing that in an early movie shown at like E3 in 2001.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 04:58:07 PM »
Having screwed around with the game far too much way back in the day (I did find that glitch after all), I can safely say that it's not in the final.

Oddly, I actually had this picture in mind when I read the topic title...

Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 05:04:27 PM »
I can just imagine Luigi's face if he saw that. LOL

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 05:12:06 PM »
ooook.... Now im scared of that game. That's prety wrong and freaky for a Nintendo game.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 05:26:10 PM »
Well what about characters' flesh being burned off in New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
I love this kind of stuff in Mario games. After reading TMK's SMG review I immediately rushed to an electrical hazard.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »
Well what about characters' flesh being burned off in New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy?

Well ok you have a point there. But that's not as disturbing as this is to me.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 07:07:44 PM »
This reminds me of the REAL thing that happens when your in the Phone room. Pick up a phone, and when Luigi's talking through it, his shadow is being HANGED. It even lightly swings, like in the wind.
Whoah, hardcore... *goes to try it out*

And, yes, that is a disturbing, YTMND-worthy Luigi pic. Not in the final game, eh? Oh, well, we need Luigi's Mansion 2 w/ Mario co-op on the Wii.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 07:18:27 PM »
I'm already scared of certain aspects of this game enough. Coin Heaven once use Luigi's Mansion as an example of how to solve the Mario franchise's "kiddy problem" in the eyes of casual consumers. It was right on the money.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 09:00:26 PM »
Hey. That shadow is just a large bird in the background.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »
I can just imagine Luigi's face if he saw that. LOL

I appologize for the mediocre coloring job.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 10:03:37 PM »
I'm already scared of certain aspects of this game enough. Coin Heaven once use Luigi's Mansion as an example of how to solve the Mario franchise's "kiddy problem" in the eyes of casual consumers. It was right on the money.
I think Coin Heaven is full of crap. Mario is for everyone. It's in the rating. But to be for everyone, Mario must also be for kids. I rather liked playing Mario games when I was little--changing the style from appropriate for all ages to older audiences would sadden me. I don't think Mario ever went "kiddy" anyway. It seems pretty neutral.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 10:33:23 PM »
I think Mario caters to the kids inside of us.

Print