Print

Author Topic: A Problem  (Read 38917 times)

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 06:56:32 PM »
I wasn't talking to you, nensondubois, if you thought I was.

I agree with you, and Bush has used 9/11 as an "excuse" to take away a lot of civil liberties.
"it's always the present"

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2009, 06:58:59 PM »
I wasn't even thinking of the puritans.

Erm... okay, I'll bite; would you mind telling us what you were thinking of?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »
I'm guessing he was thinking of...oh, I don't know, The Middle Ages.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »
We have freeer spech (than most other countries).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 10:39:53 PM »
PaperLuigi is a mite closer with his guess. Actually a lot closer.
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2009, 10:55:58 PM »
This is bad. I now hate the UN and if America makes this into a law, I am moving.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »
The only places to get away from the UN are Kosovo, Taiwan, and Vatican City, so America will probably still be your best bet, all things considered. Besides, if all the people who care leave, it'll just accelerate the process. If you want to save the country, stay here and band together with other people who care. Get to a tea party. Stay involved. Remind people like this that they work for you.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 06:12:33 AM »
PaperLuigi is a mite closer with his guess. Actually a lot closer.

Perhaps I should point out that the same thing is happening nowadays, but at the other end of the spectrum.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
Am I to infer from this that it's okay to do the wrong thing* if it serves what you consider the Absolute Right (which there is no such thing as) but it's not okay to do the wrong thing if it serves something you consider wrong?

*penalize people for their observations/opinions
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 01:52:45 PM »
Not at all.  You're to infer that it's okay to do the right thing, which obviously serves the absolute right (which there is such thing as; how can you say there's such a thing as the wrong thing and then deny the existence of right and wrong in the same argument?) but it's not okay to do the wrong thing if it is wrong.

You're also to infer from my previous post that, if you condemn the jailing of those who criticize Christianity, but not the jailing of those who criticize sodomy, that you're a hypocrite.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:55:47 PM by Turtlekid1 »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 10:25:16 PM »
I only denied the existence of the Absolute Right.
I believe I made it clear that I don't support jailing of people for their opinions at all.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 10:41:54 PM »
I believe in an Absolute Right. But my Absolute Right is a little more Absolute than yours. I think yours has a bit of a Leftish shimmy to it as well.

Whoever thinks this is specifically directed at them wins the artard award.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 02:08:56 PM »
Do they also win the award if they completely fail to get the point your were trying to make? Because I'm pretty sure that'll happen too.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2009, 08:21:54 PM »
"It's okay to do the right thing as long as you don't get caught."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
Not at all.  You're to infer that it's okay to do the right thing, which obviously serves the absolute right (which there is such thing as; how can you say there's such a thing as the wrong thing and then deny the existence of right and wrong in the same argument?) but it's not okay to do the wrong thing if it is wrong.

You're also to infer from my previous post that, if you condemn the jailing of those who criticize Christianity, but not the jailing of those who criticize sodomy, that you're a hypocrite.

What the heck is your point? Or are you just trying (unsuccessfully) to prove everything that Chup says wrong?

Anyway, I haven't heard any more news on this, has anyone else? Did it come through?
"it's always the present"

Print