Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 103730 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »
Well, I would never expect the good (silver age) Superman in MK, but current Superman is weak enough that it won't unbalance the game.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2008, 02:22:32 PM »
I hate Superman - he's possibly one of the most shallow superheroes ever created. "Look! He's all powerful, except for one little weakness that he always falls for every time his arch-enemy uses it! And look! He's dying, but now he's lifting the island into outer space, but now he's dying again, and he's dead, but wait he's not really dead he's just fine! SUPERMAN LIVES!"

Oh, and I also hate Soul Calibur. The only reason that the series has lasted so long is that it preys on two common male fetishes: Anime/pop culture guest star characters, and ridiculously exaggerated female fighters.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »
I hate Superman - he's possibly one of the most shallow superheroes ever created.
Well, he was technically the first superhero ever, so you can cut him some slack for that, at least. The only reason he's still around is sheer nostalgia.

Oh, and I also hate Soul Calibur. The only reason that the series has lasted so long is that it preys on two common male fetishes: Anime/pop culture guest star characters, and ridiculously exaggerated female fighters.
It's people like you that threaten to make the world a cold, lonely place...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »
Nope.

Soulcalibur is popular because

A) For n00bs, button-mashing produces cool looking stuff, unlike say Street Fighter II where you'll just hop around doing repetitive little attacks. I mean, just look at any Soulcalibur grab.

B) For non-n00bs, it's a really fun fighting system. It's not brutally complex like Tekken, but still a lot more elegant than, say, Smash Bros. or Mortal Kombat.

C) To some extent, graphics. Soulcalibur looked extremely good when it came out.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 02:41:46 PM »
The only reason that the series has lasted so long is that it preys on two common male fetishes: Anime/pop culture guest star characters, and ridiculously exaggerated female fighters.

If your looking for some exaggerated female fighters, play the Dead or Alive fighting games.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »
The DoA girls are alright, but I think they're a little overrated. Maybe it's just because I'm American and I'm conditioned to think huge racks look better on white chicks... Hey, I'm just throwing that out there. Don't anybody get on my case just yet.

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »
I hated Reservoir Dogs because I loved the movie. It's the same situation as Mario, but backwards.

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »
If your looking for some exaggerated female fighters, play the Dead or Alive fighting games.

I don't really think even they - or anyone else for that matter - can top the latest version of Ivy in SC IV. And I don't think you can reasonably say that they do this kind of thing for no reason. No, they do it because male gamers love it - although you're right that DOA does it as well.

And as for the guest star characters, if they wanted to actually put Darth Vader and Yoda into the game for more reasons than "just to boost the game with popular culture characters," then they wouldn't have made both SO overpowered. Online play aparrently is ruined because noobs always play as Yoda and almost always win.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2008, 07:03:59 PM »
I half-expect Ivy to be both naked and have boobs bigger than her entire upper body in SC5. She's gone from having Lara Croft-sized boobs with a slightly revealing top to size quadruple-D ones with what is essentially dental floss. It's at the point where it's almost ceased being hot and become kinda...scary.
every

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2008, 08:11:15 PM »
i would have to say mario i think mario and luigi are going out or something but my friend is going out with peach but i like mario kart but any other mario games are uhh...yeah...

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2008, 08:45:23 PM »
Petz Horsez 2! Nicky picked this one out when I took back Mario & Sonic Olympics. The main girl character looks like Barbie, and the story was weak at best. Yes, the ranch was in trouble, and yes, "Barbie" had to do several races against the evil guys that own most of the town, but that's no reason to make the story as weak as it was.

It was most obviously a game for young girl gamers, though I must say that the washing of the horses' stall (and general horse maintence) were nicely done, with Wii controls.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »
That really says something about a game when the best part of it is cleaning up horse crap.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »
And as for the guest star characters, if they wanted to actually put Darth Vader and Yoda into the game for more reasons than "just to boost the game with popular culture characters," then they wouldn't have made both SO overpowered. Online play aparrently is ruined because noobs always play as Yoda and almost always win.
I think you're listening to n00bs screaming about more n00bs. Yodas are pretty rare and I can't remember ever losing to one. He seems really cheap because you can't grab him and he's short like Oddjob but he's totally easy to hit during his jumpy moves.

(I've only played Ranked Matches. I guess Yodas could be overrunning Player Matches or something but... who cares about those? And I still wouldn't lose.)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2008, 09:30:17 PM »
I half-expect Ivy to be both naked and have boobs bigger than her entire upper body in SC5. She's gone from having Lara Croft-sized boobs with a slightly revealing top to size quadruple-D ones with what is essentially dental floss. It's at the point where it's almost ceased being hot and become kinda...scary.
If you look at the SC3 art, they actually look bigger--or least more pointy/oval-ly. To be honest, the only reason I would want to see them even bigger is just out of sheer morbid curiousity over how long this... progression can go on before someone at Namco says, "alright, that's enough!" It's like one of those reality TV shows with the endurance contests: It's somewhat disgusting to watch, but you just can't stop because you can't wait to see when they will.

Then again, maybe it was the SC2 art. Guess I'll just have to look at them again and again to be sure...

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2008, 06:46:46 AM »
It's like one of those reality TV shows with the endurance contests

"Hurl", anyone?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print