Print

Author Topic: Nintendo tips Wii over, sells as new model  (Read 2732 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »
Wii redesign on its way to Europe

Honest question, does anybody here even stand their Wii (or 360 or PS3 while we're at it) up as advertised? I used to 'cause I'll admit it looks better that way and the GameCube ports are easier to reach, but I've kept it on its side for years now. Plastic circular stand or not, it's still less prone to fall over...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:09:29 PM by Deezer »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »
My Wii has stood erect since 2007.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »
They took out GCN compatibility.

Including the controller ports.

...Why? It's not like GCN compatibility needed extra chips. It used the same chips.

and it still only includes one remote.

(how is that a family edition)

Oh, and they're discontinuing the old model in Europe.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:59:38 PM »
Maybe the idea is to raise Wii sales now (either people buying the old model to keep GCN compatibility, or buying the new model because it's a new model) and then suppress Wii sales when the Wii U comes out (because now the Wii doesn't do anything the Wii U doesn't).

Nintendo is actually really crafty.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:21:22 PM »
My Wii has stood up since I bought it in 2006, except for when I sent it in for repairs (It kinda lounged around in the box I sent it in. I poked holes in the lid so it could breathe..)

Also: those who are afraid their Wii is going to tip over; where do you keep it? The edge of a cliff? Even the most accident prone people (like me) should never have a problem with their Wiis tipping over.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
My Wii has stood erect since launch day.

FWIW, I stand my disc-eaters on end (Wii, PS3) and lie the tray-spitters flat (360, PS2). Sideways disc trays disturb me.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »
Huh. Surprising. Nobody I know in the RL keeps their game consoles standing.

those who are afraid their Wii is going to tip over; where do you keep it?
I guess what I'm more concerned about is its grip on the shelf of my entertainment center, and it definitely has a better one with its side than the way the promotional stuff encourages.

Let me put it like this, though, it fell over at least once before I moved it and repositioned it, and since then it hasn't.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print