Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145205 times)

« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2014, 03:22:05 PM »
It's easy to find that footage on YouTube by filtering the search results by upload date, as it gets reposted every few hours.

Uploaded ten minutes ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTmH-Xh3PU
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2014, 05:04:27 PM »
Sakurai should threaten to put Pichu back in to match Dr. Mario if people don't quit asking for Mewtwo
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2014, 05:08:11 PM »
I liked Pichu.

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

(Content Warning: Somewhat pervy pictures of human and non-human female trophies (supporting the story that this is the ESRB video), spoilers for StreetPass Plaza: Monster Manor and Kid Icarus Uprising.)

Pittoo and Wario are confirmed now.

All-Star mode seems to be locked in this picture, which may imply that not all characters were unlocked in the save file used to make the video. The leaker has apparently said they can't confirm whether or not that character select screen shows the full roster. (I would think the ESRB would want to see all the characters, but maybe not? The ESRB is definitely a lot looser than European rating groups where they have to play through the entire game themselves first; ESRB just asks for a video of highlights of the most objectionable stuff.) But it might not mean anything; the footage is all edited together anyway, and also there might be different conditions for unlocking All-Star this time.

There would be room for five more characters on that screen, assuming that Mii Fighters are under the wrench icon (this would make sense, especially considering we never got a "Mii Fighter Faces Off!" newcomer splash screen; Mii isn't a fighter, it's a customization mode).

That original list of DLC characters (Wolf, Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Chorus Men) was confirmed to be made up. There were a couple of leaks before this one that listed Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Duck Hunt Dog along with Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and Mach Rider, and there's also a rumor about Impa now. (Chorus Men are looking least likely at the moment, taking it down to those five) Also rumors that every character has 8 colors/costumes, and Bowser Jr.'s other seven costumes are the Koopalings. Ice Climbers are looking really doubtful.

If the 48 characters on that CSS are it, I'd be happy. That's already a really good roster. But I'm really hoping for Dixie, Ridley, Impa, and Mach Rider. They make sense -- Dixie and Impa have been in lots of games in their serieses, including recent ones, Ridley should have already been in, Mach Rider has gotten a decent amount of acknowledgement in past Smashes, and would also help make up for losing Ice Climbers. Dixie and Impa could be modified clones of Diddy and Sheik, and together with Mach Rider (Snake clone? Wario clone? Would she be on her bike the whole time, or would they make up an on-foot moveset for her like they did with Captain Falcon?), the three of them would go a long way toward tipping the gender balance of the roster. As for Ridley, we've been left with just enough room for hope for months now. I don't think Sakurai would do that all the way up to less than three weeks before release if he wasn't in. The closest he's done to that was the Greninja trailer where he kinda looked like Mewtwo at first, and that only left us hanging for a few seconds, with the reveal being "You thought that character was playable... but instead it's this cool new one!" With Ridley, it would be months of buildup for a reveal of "You thought that character might be playable... Nope!" They've always been very clear about when a character's not playable, but with Ridley, all we've gotten are two times where he was indirectly implied not to be, without even using his name (and the animation on that Ridley shadow always looked more like a player-controlled character than a preprogrammed boss character to me anyway).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:10:41 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2014, 05:51:55 PM »
I've been saying the same thing about Ridley.

Also, you assume Sakurai even remembers that Mach Rider was revealed to be a woman in Vs. Mach Rider (is what what that screen is supposed to be?)

Also also, if Dixie doesn't get in at this point, then it means DK got shafted big time. And that makes me really sad. :'(

CrossEyed7

« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2014, 06:07:04 PM »
NeoGAF poster claims leaker was an NOA employee who was supposed to be sending the DVD to the ESRB, and he has already been fired and sued, but allegedly still has a copy of the game.

Incidentally, here's the ESRB guidelines:

Quote from: ESRB
Along with the written submission materials, publishers must provide a DVD that captures all pertinent content. This includes typical gameplay, missions, and cutscenes, along with the most extreme instances of content across all relevant categories including but not limited to violence, language, sex, controlled substances and gambling. Pertinent content that is not playable (i.e., "locked out") but will exist in the game code on the final game disc must also be disclosed.

The "locked out" part apparently refers to stuff like Hot Coffee, not unlockable content. So it's possible that there are more unlockable characters than we've seen in the leaks, and as long as they're not characters who gamble, do drugs, have attacks with realistic gore, or dress sexier than Tharja, they didn't need to be included in the ESRB DVD.

Quote from: ESRB
Once the submission is checked by ESRB for completeness, which may also involve ESRB staff members playing a beta or alpha version of the game, the video footage is reviewed by at least three specially trained game raters. ESRB raters must be adults and typically have experience with children, whether through prior work experience, education or through being parents or caregivers themselves.

When the game is ready for release to the public, publishers send copies of the final product to the ESRB. The game packaging is reviewed to make sure the rating information is displayed accurately and in accordance with ESRB requirements. Additionally, ESRB staff, including raters (time permitting), play-test the final version of a variety of games - including but not limited to games which generate consumer inquiries to ESRB and those which receive broad consumer exposure - to verify that all the materials provided by the games' publishers during the rating process were accurate and complete.

The ESRB does sometimes playtest the actual final version of the game a little bit, but it's not a requirement.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:10:40 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »
POTD posted early tonight (language!)

Mother 1 acknowledgement, as well as referring to the series as "the Mother series":

Interestingly, it uses a literal translation of the enemy's Japanese name, rather than the censored localized name, Psycho Car, from the English build of the game. (the Devil mention is probably why it's in the ESRB video. You'd think then they'd also have something where Ganondorf is called the Demon King, or a trophy of Demise, or the devil from Devil World who's confirmed as an Assist Trophy, but it's probably enough to just tell the ESRB "Hey, there's some mentions of devils in here; here's a representative sampling of them.")
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:44:50 PM by CrossEyed7 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »
Hey, Bluster's something. :P

CrossEyed7

« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2014, 06:54:22 PM »
I really hope Bowser Jr. and the Koopaling alts get confirmed in a video that opens with just the audio of the announcer saying "THIS GAME'S WINNER IS... ROY!" and then fades in to show Roy in the clown car.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2014, 07:01:04 PM »
I really really doubt they will be. Lucina and Marth are on that side of the line, where they may as well be the same thing in practice but are not and cannot be the same entity. On the very other side of the line are Wii Fit Trainer, Robin and Villager being male or female, and doesn't change who or what they are. Which is an interesting thing that only video games can really do without simply making it ambiguous, up until a sequel has to decide what pokémon Red has, that he defeated Giovanni and Leaf did not, and that his name is Red.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2014, 08:09:52 PM »
I also hope this is an alternate costume for Shulk

« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2014, 09:24:06 PM »
I really really doubt they will be.
For what it's worth, there is a trophy of Larry in the Koopa Clown Car in the leak album.  Personally, I'm liking that MOTHER 1 gets some acknowledgement, even if Lucas apparently isn't returning.  Doctor Mario (Tornadoes forever), Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. have me psyched, at least, in addition to those revealed already.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2014, 09:34:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty excited for Dr. Mario, assuming that his Down B isn't a FLUDD made of syringes (actually, now that I say it, that would be kinda cool).

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2014, 09:36:01 PM »
I guess I'm the only one who is sad. ._.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »
Dixie and Ridley and the rest still have a good chance. If that CSS is the full roster, why is it an incomplete 6 x 9 grid? If there's only 48 characters, a 6 x 8 grid would fit them all (7 x 7 with a Random slot, 5 x 10 with two Random slots or a Random slot and a Mii slot).

I am gonna be a bit disappointed when there's no Baten Kaitos representation.

« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2014, 11:21:22 PM »
I just want playable Toad. While I've never been a huge fan of Bowser Jr's, he's grown on me in recent years, and his having alternate colors to look like his siblings would be awesome.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print