Print

Author Topic: Death from above!!  (Read 4038 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: August 23, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »
Divekick is this new "fighting game" for PC and Sonystuff controlled with only three buttons, one of which is only used to pause. The other two are dive (jump) and kick (diving kick). If you get hit even once, it's a KO, and the first player to get five KOs wins. It is a huge joke about fighting games, fighting metagames, and the people that play them.

And the punchline is that it's an awesome game on its own.

It's crazy, more fun than it sounds, and easy to get into. Even if you don't know anything about fighting games (I believe there are a few jabs at Super Smash Bros. in it), there is still humor to appreciate in the characters' win quotes, entire characterizations and storylines, and the useless loading screen tips from Uncle Sensei.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
I give it a 3 out of 10.

Sounds like fun though, for real.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 12:37:43 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 10:56:29 PM »
Are you trolling me

Is there possibly a free demo/download somewhere..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »

Free demo, dunno, but it's worth the ten bucks on Steam. Not kidding.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:25:23 AM »
I adore this game. It's perfect to play with the first arrivals when waiting for local multiplayer groups to assemble.

But with how bad some of the matchups are, why doesn't it have blind character selection online? (Dr. Shoals vs. Jefailey, anyone)

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 07:43:17 AM »
Divekick's been really popular around my school recently, but since a lot of the devs are alumni, that doesn't surprise me.  I haven't played much myself, but it looks really fun.  You can get a ton of mileage out of two buttons, apparently.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print