Print

Author Topic: Sonic Xtreme - A true video game tragedy?  (Read 6208 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
Just to quickly end another Star Fox Adventures discussion with my thoughts: loved Star Fox Adventures, one of my favorite GameCube games, my ideal Star Fox game is one where the fights are intense and the stakes high and you protect your teammates and the teammates actually help - come to think of it, just give Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation a Star Fox makeover and that will be good enough.

I can't think of any other games that had established franchise makeovers at the last minute, but there were established franchise makeovers when porting a game over to America. Panel de Pon so needed a makeover, I would have never given it a chance with those anime girls there. Granted, seeing a bunch of Yoshi's Island characters with the same Panel de Pon music and sounds doesn't cut back much on the "wouldn't be caught dead playing this" factor, but it helps. And hey, it made me think there was a new theme song for Yoshi. No offense to Nintendo, but ripping off Japanese games and slapping makeovers on them sometimes does wonders for the variety of a franchise.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »
I thought it was odd how Wario was added to Bomberman GB to create Wario Blast, since Bomberman was already an established franchise...
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Print