Print

Author Topic: Game Boy Advanced STATS  (Read 4068 times)

« on: June 09, 2000, 09:16:31 AM »
Okay guys here are the real stats from nintendo (did a little surfing after everyone got talking about GBA)

32-Bit ARM with embedded memory (the GBC only had 8-bit!)

240x160 rez (GBC: 160x140 rez)

65,535 colors 511 can show @ same time (GBC: 32,000 colors 56 can show @ same time)

screen is .3 inches bigger than GBC

2 AA batteries, last 20 hours (GBC last only 10)

can play GB and GBC as well as GBA games!!! (all the past games and new ones!)

So you see the GBA is going to be like a hand held SNES (the snes was 32-bit as well)! And I really think your going to see alot of remade SNES games, Chrono Triger Pocket anyone?

And now for the coolest stat of all,

The GBA will be internet capable!!! You can hook it up to the net and play with other people online! Sound cool? And to clear things up, some one was saying that the GBA will be 3D, it's not, who ever told you that aint telling the truth. It also wont have a built in cell phone (another myth). How ever it will have a color game boy video camera (sold sepratly) so you can see the other person you are playing with over the net cool huh? If you want me to prove all this, I have come prepared go to this address to read and weep baby!

http://www.gameboy.com/gbadvance.html

Start saving your pennys!

Oh reall quick, it's coming out 2001.

Doomba, King of the Goombas

--edit--
I forgot to say, It looks just like GBC only a little bit different (doesn't look like a game gear).

Edited by - Doomba on 6/9/00 8:23:36 AM
Doomba, King of the Goombas

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2000, 09:30:44 AM »
Awesome!! I've got to get Game Boy Advance!!

For one thing... Super Nintendo was 16 bit, that's why it only played mostly 2D games (the 3D games were powered by the FX chip that was used for Yoshi's Island). After that, Nintendo skipped ahead to 64 bit to keep ahead of Sony... Now Nintendo's going 128 bit!!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2000, 12:21:36 AM »
Erm, The snes was 16-bit, Doomba. And another thing, I was the person that mentioned that I'd heard that the GBA would be capable of 3D graphics.
You did nothing to disprove this information. In fact, I think you damaged your credibility. Try again.

PS: Sorry to be so blunt about this, but it cheeses me off when someone calls me a liar..and then doesn't back up THIER point.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2000, 05:18:04 PM »
For all that information and more go to:

www.gameboy.com/gbadvance.html

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2000, 05:18:10 PM »
For all that information and more go to:

www.gameboy.com/gbadvance.html

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2000, 05:19:51 PM »
Oops, that's 2 post's to many.

Print