Print

Author Topic: EA Signs Pierce Brosnan to 'Star' In Game  (Read 2540 times)

« on: July 19, 2002, 04:33:49 PM »
Electronic Arts announced today that it has reached an agreement with Pierce Brosnan to use the famous Bond actor's likeness in their upcoming video game, James Bond 007: NightFire. The game, which uses an original storyline created exclusively for the interactive project, is based on the Bond universe and will be released worldwide the same month as the newest 007 film starring Brosnan, "Die Another Day" produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. NightFire is currently under development and is scheduled for release on the Nintendo GameCube.

"Pierce Brosnan and Bond have created an unbeatable combination for the franchise over the past few years, so we're excited to have Pierce aboard to help deliver to fans the ultimate Bond experience," says Chip Lange, VP of Electronic Arts marketing. "I am confident that together, Pierce Brosnan, EA and NightFire will make for the most dynamic and appealing Bond game yet."

NightFire promises to stay true to the tradition of the James Bond property. The game will feature more than 10 stunning exotic locations from around the globe and outer space, as well as offer an all-star cast of villains and allies, including ***y Bond women, both new and familiar to the 007 universe. Each of the mission levels will offer enormous, highly detailed 3D environments that can only be experienced through the eyes of Bond.

Neil Haldar, vice president of Production and Business Development for MGM Interactive, observes, "We welcome this fantastic opportunity to collaborate with Brosnan, who so masterfully personifies James Bond, and to re-team with a great partner like Electronic Arts on Nightfire to deliver the finest integration of creativity and technology to date."

James Bond 007: NightFire is being produced by EA. The console version of the game is being developed by a partnership between U.K.-based Eurocom Entertainment Software and EA.

James Bond was first introduced to movie audiences in 1962 when Danjaq, LLC and United Artists, released Dr. No. The 20th film in the franchise, Die Another Day, is currently in production and scheduled to debut nationwide on Nov. 22, 2002. More information about the films can be found on the official James Bond Web site from MGM at www.jamesbond.com, or at the Danjaq site at www.007.com.

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 09:21:21 PM »
No offense toward you or anything, but I was told that this sort of subject was to be posted in general chat only. Just thought I'd let you know. That's probably why no one's responding to it. No one responded to my Final Fantasy post either.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2002, 06:38:01 AM »
Whoop de doo, you can copy and paste. You're an idiot.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 01:54:25 PM »
Like they said this is for General Chat.

But, I am really looking forward to the new Bond game. I liked 007 Agent Under Fire and I thought it was fun. I do hope Nigh****ch is easier.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2002, 01:30:36 AM »
Well, there goes frostbite, at it again. I guess he'll never learn.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2002, 12:32:14 PM »
No, you don't understand!! He just takes these things from other websites! He doesn't make them up himself, he just copies and pastes!

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2002, 09:26:31 PM »
Sorry about that. I wasn't aware that he was copying.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 12:23:48 PM »
You think he can actually write that well? How would he know that stuff anyway?

-------

Print