Print

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda...What's it Like?  (Read 3293 times)

« on: July 31, 2002, 12:51:46 PM »
You'll never guess what happened! Yesterday, I was in a videogame store (SwapUSA, it was called) looking for Tetris for my newly aqquired vintage NES. Well, when I went to pay for it at the counter, I saw something behind the clerk...ten copies of the original, GOLD CARTRIDGE Legend of Zelda game! Of course, they were $20 apiece. I plan to head back and claim my copy, but, before I do, I'd like to ask all of you a question: What's that game like?

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 01:02:03 PM »
I think that's just the original game, just the cartrage is gold. But that is one fun game.

King Boo isn't dead! He will return...

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 07:42:52 AM »
same as the gray cartridge one.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 08:45:07 PM »
Don't feel special about having a gold cartirige Zelda original. I see a whole lot of them at my local Gamestop(funcoland). I see them for about $14.99 too. I also see LOZ2 gold cartige, same price. I see those less than the original. Whee.

It''s me KinopioToad.
KT:Since sometime in April or May of 2001.
I love me.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2002, 08:22:07 AM »
I'll try not to.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 06:07:18 PM »
The original is better than Oot, but not as good as LA or LttP.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 06:46:59 PM »
I hated the original. LTTP and OOT were best. I also like the 2nd one becuase it had rpg elements like gaining experience. 2 was great. No matter what anyone else says.

It''s me KinopioToad.
KT:Since sometime in April or May of 2001.
I love me.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2002, 12:44:04 PM »
LA was better than Oot. Oot is good, but Loz, LttP, LA, and MM are better.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2002, 06:19:17 PM »
People are complaining about how the new Zelda graphics are too Looney Tunes-like. LttP had the enemies try to run to solid ground before they fell into the endless aybss, but no one's complaining about that!

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2002, 01:26:26 AM »
Hey zeldafan97!!!  You call yourself a Zelda fan and you've never played the first original Zelda game that started the series!!!?!?!  I am amazed! Confused! Sad for you.

8 Bitz 4 Life!
http://www.8bitz.com

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2002, 09:54:36 PM »
Hey KoopaKilla, perhaps he had a negative age (in dummy language, wasn't born yet) when the game came out, and...he didn't want to buy really old games.  Wait a second...I bought SMRPG in 2002...but that refers to me.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2002, 03:35:32 PM »
Myself, I've never been much of a Zelda man... Sorry, boy.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2002, 05:13:25 PM »
"Hey KoopaKilla, perhaps he had a negative age (in dummy language, wasn't born yet) when the game came out, and...he didn't want to buy really old games. Wait a second...I bought SMRPG in 2002...but that refers to me."

Well, LieutenantEagle, SMRPG is a great game. And you sort of HAD to buy it, considering you own the SMFC.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2002, 05:28:36 PM »
What's it like? It's like the fresh scent of a rainstorm, or chocolate flowing through your hands as you realize nothing can go wrong in the world.

-------
The Vatican rules can not be changed. So sayeth the spider.
-Queen Spider

Print