Print

Author Topic: 10 reasons why SSBM is a great game  (Read 7429 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2002, 05:36:15 PM »
Well... I suppose some people might like 'em (I don't) - but the fact is they're certainly NOT Nintendo All-Stars. For HAL to include them and yet omit others is, to be honest, just silly. I'd say less if the game didn't purport to have "Nintendo's All-Stars" in it. I should have said "A few of Nintendo's All-Stars, plus some characters you've never heard of" or "The characters we could get the licences for".

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2002, 06:49:52 PM »
Here's my 10:

10. You can't just randomly hit buttons and expect to win, so I easily beat little kids
9. Bowser
8. Adventure Mode
7. A 3-D Eggplant Man from Wrecking Crew
6. Mr. Game and Watch
5. Camera mode is a great way to see hidden parts of stages
4. They kept the classic Mushroom Kingdom stage
3. Trophies
2. Excellent character models

And the number one reason I think SSBM is a good game:

1. Princess Peach's (and Daisy's) undies

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2002, 10:14:17 PM »
That would be almost perfect for David Letterman. Yeah, your #1 is a good reason.
:-P Attention to detail is good... exceptionally good...

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2002, 10:36:47 PM »
Here's mine:

10. The Event Matches
9. Lotsa good stages
8. Lotsa Mario characters (and other good ones too)
7. The graphics are awesome
6. You can really smack around them dumb Pokemons
5. Motion-Sensor Bombs
4. The Home Run Bat
3. Adventure Mode
2. The whole thing is just plain fun!!!
1. PEACH (she's good, cute, and ...uhh...)

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2002, 12:56:40 AM »
heres mine.
1.link
2.young link
3.zelda
4.ganondorf
5.great bay
6.hyrule temple
7.heart container
8.the goron trophy
9.sarias song
10.ALL THE ZELDA STUFF

they should have made an epona trophy

Mario:Ive quit my job as a plumber and i''ve become a sleasy pizzaman
Snifit:Id like a large with double mushrooms please.
Mario:here you go.
Snifit:This pizza tastes like @$$ and i feel funny now.
Mario:Well i didnt want to go and pick fresh grade A mushrooms case i''d have to drive a few miles to the supermarket Instead I bought the red ones from some drug dealin kid, and i picked the white ones from the little spot in my backyard where yoshi does his business.
Snifit:AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2002, 05:40:51 AM »
And here's my reasons why Luigi's Mansion is better (I'm going to be popular after this...):
10) Luigi actually looks like Luigi (as opposed to Mario with a stretched face).
9) The enemies are all hilarious (ie not wire-frame men).
8) Luigi finally gets a theme tune.
7) A lot of attention-to-detail in terms of scenery.
6) Prof. E Gadd!
5) A GREAT (albeit a little short) ending.
4) An even-greater ending (credits) music.
3) The game isn't ridiculously similar to any previous games.
2) Not a Pokemon in sight.
1) Charles Martinet did the PROPER Luigi voice!!

...Now, please throw sausages at me.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2002, 06:02:05 AM »
Yeah Zelda rox They should of made a sheik oh thats riht they did silly me. All the line ups are good so far oh and kai shut yr face bwahahaha

I am the Ninja who stealthfully approaches you to slice your throat. I am the coffee you are drinking. I am the destroyer or the healer. I will be the last person you will see. I am not a demon I am just a Renagade.
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2002, 11:08:51 AM »
did you say "they should make a sheik, oh they did, silly me?

are you taking after big gay al

Mario:Well i didnt want to go and pick fresh grade A mushrooms case i''d have to drive a few miles to the supermarket Instead I bought the red ones from some drug dealin kid, and i picked the white ones from the little spot in my backyard where yoshi does his business.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2002, 11:29:23 PM »
Waddle Dedede, I agree Luigi's Mansion is great, but it's not better than SSBM. I'd say they're about the same goodness level (11/10).

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/25/2002 10:29:51 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2002, 10:33:09 AM »
Hey I am not taking after big gay al you are starman. That came out of nowhere you should npt say crap like that

I am the Ninja who stealthfully approaches you to slice your throat. I am the coffee you are drinking. I am the destroyer or the healer. I will be the last person you will see. I am not a demon I am just a Renagade.
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2002, 02:20:20 PM »
what?

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2002, 02:23:27 PM »
big gay al is the only male that says "oh silly me"

everyone else is taking after him
like you

dont say anything or the flame war will commense

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2002, 03:24:40 PM »
Screw you Starman I am not gay

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2002, 03:24:41 PM »

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2002, 03:24:44 PM »

Print