Print

Author Topic: Nintendo's E3 secret?  (Read 1981 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: December 05, 2003, 10:31:39 PM »
What will Nintendo show at the next E3?  Anyone care to speculate?

You might want to read an old article at http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/13/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/ if you don't know what I am talking about.  Although, please note that Chris has been wrong before; most recently about Mario's "only" GameCube game.

Note: This post is pure speculation, but based in part on the very limited information that Nintendo has released.

Serial Port 1:
The Serial Port 1 on the bottom of the GameCube is a bi-directional high speed port.  It has a round side opening unlike the other ports.  Since the Serial Port 1 has this round opening I would guess that it is for something that can be connected and removed easily unlike the GameBoy Player of modems, but more like a GameCube controller or other input device.

New Hardware:
Nintendo has annouced that they will have a new piece of "hardware" that will not to be a new console.  The new hardware could be for the Serial Port 1 mentioned above.  It could be a mouse, keyboard, gun, dance pad, camera, printer, etc.

Mario 128:
Shiggy said that "Mario 128" would have a "newness" that Super Mario Sunshine was missing.  What the "newness" is no one knows, but there have been many speculations.  It may be related to the new hardware they will have.  It has also been speculated that the new Mario game will be more like Super Mario 64 in game play.

Serial Port 1, New Hardware, and Mario 128:
I speculate that the new hardware could be a camera to interact with like the PS2 Eye Toy and/or a floor pad like the NES Track and Field or the PS2 dance pad.  The new Mario game could incorperate one or both of these.  Imagine playing a Super Mario 64 type game and controling Marios walking, running, and jumping with a floor pad and seeing yourself as Mario on the screen and punching or shooting fireballs at enemies by moving your hand in front of the camera.  That would be "newness"!

Edited by - lUiGiSoN on 12/5/2003 8:33:40 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 11:00:45 PM »
Interesting, but I wouldn't call that gameplay much like Super Mario 64 at all! The levels would have to be much simpler since body control is much harder and less exact than controller controlling.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 12:34:05 AM »
COMPLETELY UNVERIFIED, UNSUBSTANTIATED, MADE-UP, STUPID RUMOR:

I have heard from un-named, inside sources, that Nintendo may be creating some sort of device that can read brain voltage patterns and allow you to control video games using only your mind.

You heard it here first.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 08:48:38 AM »
Mmmm, "newness", alllghhlglhlhghh
*eats newness*

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 10:24:33 AM »
"Interesting, but I wouldn't call that gameplay much like Super Mario 64 at all! The levels would have to be much simpler since body control is much harder and less exact than controller controlling."

Simpler? Can you do a 10 foot high backflip, wall jump, breakdance, or triple jump???

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print