Print

Author Topic: "Cameos"  (Read 5922 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: January 01, 2004, 04:32:47 PM »
This topic is for posting your "cameos." Why I put it in quotes is because this is for posting things not EXACTLY as a cameo, but just the name of a Nintendo character mentioned in a show. Get the gist, kinda? (I think a thread similar to this was created a while back, but I can't find it.)

Example: "...when the security guards came in searching for the burgular, they found a 10 year old boy glued to Super Mario Brothers 3!"

One "cameo" I just saw was on The Fairly-Odd Parents. Timmy was playing basketball to earn money for a "V-Cube." When he finally bought it, it was shaped like the GCN, of course, but it had a GREEN V on it. I think they were trying to make a cross between a GCN and Xbox, obviously.

Do you have any "cameos" similar to this one? If so, post it!!!

"Oh now, don''t talk crazy. They''re not gonna to eat the man." ~Prof. E. Gadd
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 04:38:09 PM »
Well, I was watching (Insert moronic show) and in the background, there was a pipe under the sink. That's a Mario Cameo.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 05:08:12 PM »
In the store, I saw a peach. A princess peach cameo.

Or is it... *shifts eyes suspiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 06:45:32 PM »
No, you fools.

Where you actually see or hear something that has to do with Nintendo, not that you saw a pipe out of nowhere and said it was a cameo. Er... check some recent mailbags and see if you see JJ get mad at some "cameos" people sent in so you get the gist of this thread.

"Oh now, don''t talk crazy. They''re not gonna to eat the man." ~Prof. E. Gadd

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 08:28:42 PM »
In one episode of South Park the boys are doing a bunch of crazy stuff to save their "Okama Game Sphere".

http://southparkstudios.com/show/guide.html?season=5&min=2

^Episode 508: Towelie

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.
All Hail Fifth!

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 09:42:31 PM »
Well, Trainman, I don't know if this is a "cameo", but on The Simpsons, the episode where Bart shoplifts, it show Bart's conscious. There are game characters[Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Sonic and the golf guy] tellin him to do stuff. Another one was in Futurama, when Space Invaders try to take over the earth, it shows like a council of game characters. It showed Mario in it.

Ironics: You see a friend of yours playing Double Dash!! and he/she is woopin the computer on Mirror All Cup Tour. After he wins the Gold Trophy in record time,[this time is obviously fake]10:00:000, you start playing each other in Versus mode. You play on Luigi Circuit; the EASIEST course on the game. This is your first time playing Double Dash!!, and you woop your friend by two laps. All of it; Irony.

Edited by - Killa of PS2 on 1/1/2004 7:51:55 PM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2004, 10:13:38 PM »
Killa, I know; it's on TMK. That is a true cameo. Look at TEM's cameo he had. That is a perfect example. It's sort of like an innuendo, if you will.

"I do one sit-up a day. I get up in the morning; that''s half. I lay down at night; that''s the other half. I figured out a long time ago that my body was just for carrying my head from place to place." ~Mark Lowry

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2004, 12:34:41 AM »
I think when I was watching my nephew once, the cartoon "The Grim Advantures of Billy and Mandy" was on, and Billy was playing video games on a Gamecube. However, they never said it was a Gamecube, but it was a purple cube with a black circle on it, with the same controllers.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2004, 01:25:35 AM »
There ya go! Thoose kind of cameos.

"I do one sit-up a day. I get up in the morning; that''s half. I lay down at night; that''s the other half. I figured out a long time ago that my body was just for carrying my head from place to place." ~Mark Lowry

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2004, 03:50:55 AM »
I once saw a Super Mario cameo in one of the old America's Funniest Home Videos episodes...

There was a sequence about videos of funny cats, there was this one video where someone was playing Super Mario Bro.s 3 (for the Nintendo Entertainment System) and a blonde cat was lying on the top of the TV looking at the screen from above. Bob Saget then says,'How do you know that this feline is gonna go onto the next level in the Super Mario Bro.s game?'

Then you notice on the screen when Mario jumps, the cat suddenly falls (not jump) off the TV and towards the 'next level' on the floor...

I tell ya, it was soooooo darn funny!!

In case you're wondering, this is the episode where the ten thousand dollar winners were filmers of a video of another cat jumping into a paper bag...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2004, 06:23:51 PM »
A few years back, they made us watch this stupid movie in health class, and at one point, two kids are playing an NES, and you hear the Super Mario Bros. 3 battle music.

================<[]====[]====[]>================
It''s hard to bawgle nawdle zouss (???)
With all these marbles in my mouth.

Edited by - Darth Danno on 1/2/2004 4:26:24 PM
Edited by - Darth Danno at T/H/X 11:38:4 EB

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 02:44:18 AM »
In almost every animated television show, if a character plays a videogame, there will be Mario sound effects.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 09:12:19 AM »
My favorite cameo is the one on The Simpsons, where all thse video game characters are acting like his conscience.

And now you know, the rest of the story.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 02:10:12 PM »
Darth Danno, Dairy King, how many people here have signatures with Weird Al references?

Made you look.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2004, 05:22:23 PM »
In SSBM they have an unlockable level featuring Birdo.

But I didnt know it was illegal!
Let me away from this boulder!

Print