Print

Author Topic: South Park offensive to gamers?  (Read 15095 times)

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »
Sorry if this is old news, but I just found out about the episode of South Park where they make fun of WoW players. Now, sure, they've made fun of lots of things before, such as Jews, homosexuals, scientologists and even Michael Jackson, but, who here felt offended by this? I don't play WoW, but I can safely say that South Park has lost a good portion of its gamer fanbase. I'd like to hear what Lizard Dude thinks of this in particular, since I know he plays WoW.

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 03:53:27 PM »
As a prelude, I'd like to say that I am not easily offended at all. Someone could poke massive and even mean-spirited fun at me, and I wouldn't really care. In fact, if they were actually funny about it I would probably laugh right along.

I saw the South Park Episode, Make Love, Not Warcraft, and enjoyed it greatly. I did not feel offended at all, as a gamer or as a WoW player, specifically. The only negative thing the episode really could be interpreted as saying is that some people play WoW too much and that it takes away all their time and "life". It also emphasized the fact that not moving will make you fat. Well duh. We all knew these anyway.

The episode to me was more positive to gaming and WoW than negative. It heavily promoted WoW (as if it needed it) and make it look cooler than it actually is with enhanced character animations and the appearance that everyone was on a global voice chat at all time. Blizzard itself promoted the episode on its website. Would a company support something that portrayed its product derogatorily? In Blizzard's case, perhaps, since they're such a fun-loving company and understand that playful satire of your work can be helpful to your promotion and public awareness. Even so, it's really a moot-point since WoW was virtually left alone compared to the treatment of scientology, Jackson, etc.

What do you mean that South Park has lost a good portion of its gamer fanbase? Judging by the WoW Forums, everyone I've seen lauded the show and begged for an item from the show to be actually placed in the game (which it surely will, albiet at a non-ludicrous power level).

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »
I saw the episode and thought it was awesome. Not once did I think about Cartman and the gang making fun of me (or anyone else) as a gamer.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:44:09 AM »
I loved the episode, even more than the one that aired this week. Though I don't play WoW, I don't think this was offensive to gamers at all.

Area 64, the creators (Trey Parker and Matt Stone) have said they're just as obsessed with video games as any one of us here.

People get TOO obsessed about the fact that something/someone they like gets made fun of in the show. At the time the Chinpokomon episode aired, I was a huge Pokémon fan, but I thought the episode was hilarious. The creators are just trying to be funny, I'd say they're doing a good job at it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 10:26:38 AM »
What do you mean that South Park has lost a good portion of its gamer fanbase?

I've heard from somewhere that Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn were offended by the episode, and made their opinions of it known on G4's Attack of the Show. Fans of the two may have stopped watching South Park in agreement.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 10:30:20 AM »
I thought that episode of SP was genius. Especially...well, all of it.
every

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 10:32:52 AM »

I've heard from somewhere that some random executive from G4 was offended by the episode, and forced Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn (with job threats, likely) to make his opinion of it known on G4's Attack of the Show.

I don't know why, but this scenario seems a bit more likely than what you posted, knowing the direction G4 has taken.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 12:13:32 PM »
I'm a gamer, and South Park is really offensive to me. But the reasons I find it offensive are completely different, and have nothing to do with gaming.

I actually have never even seen the show. But I've heard about certain episodes in it, and read about the show on Wikipedia, so I already know that it contains things I consider very highly offensive.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 01:05:42 PM »
You are a joke, man; you make me laugh.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 02:03:40 PM »
South Park is so powerful it's offending people who have never even seen it!

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 06:40:07 PM »
Okay people, I'm gonna say this, and you may not like it. South Park is supposed to be offensive. It wouldn't be South Park without it. Those who can't take it as a joke need to be quiet or not watch the show. I am a Christian, and I don't feel hurt by the Christian bashing one bit. It's a freakin' joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 07:12:46 PM »
As a gamer, G4 is more offensive to me than South Park.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 08:05:42 PM »
Quote from: PaperLuigi
South Park is supposed to be offensive. It wouldn't be South Park without it.
Quoted for truth.

Quote from: MEGAߥTE
As a gamer, G4 is more offensive to me than South Park.
Even though this has nothing to do with your comment, I'm sure TechTV was much more entertaining before Comcast decided to merge it with G4.

Quote from: smfan1085
I'm a gamer, and South Park is really offensive to me. But the reasons I find it offensive are completely different, and have nothing to do with gaming.
I pretty much saw this comment coming, because everything offends you. I offend you, Steve offends you, homosexuals offend you, liberals offend you, cartoon shows that shouldn't be taken literally offend you...Indeed, you're very close-minded. But, please, identify the other reasons why the show offends you.

I actually have never even seen the show. But I've heard about certain episodes in it, and read about the show on Wikipedia, so I already know that it contains things I consider very highly offensive.
Funny, you claim that you haven't seen the show before, but already deem it offensive just from info from sources that are not the show itself. Why is this? Wikipedia isn't a great source for information, especially in video game as well as South Park-related articles. True, I've edited some of those articles myself, but sometimes I come across various paragraphs filled with grammatical and punctuational errors; it makes it quite hard to believe that they're true.

Though, you are correct, there are episodes I KNOW you'd be quite offended to see. There are episodes I know that have poked fun at stuff I like, but my usual reaction is laughter.

To the rest of the people who seriously find South Park (or the episode itself) offensive:
It's a cartoon, guys. A little cartoon made to make people laugh. Just shrug it off and move on with life if you don't like it. Don't preach about what you find offensive to people who don't care.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 08:37:59 PM by Vidgmchtr »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 11:31:08 PM »
Well, I don't generally take to "sick humor" and profanity either.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 07:44:56 AM »
Eventually South Park is gonna run out of people to offend....

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »
Has South Park ever made an episode that pokes fun of Barry Bonds and steroids yet? If they ever did that (or just any player in general, maybe Sosa/McGwire/Canseco) I'd have to watch it.

I do know they made an anti-Paris Hilton one a few years back. I haven't seen many of these at all but I did see the Paris Hilton one and it was sort of funny. I can't stand Paris Hilton and don't even think she's that cute, so it was right up my alley.

I do know this much about South Park: it is meant to offend people but you're supposed to take it lightly. I see it as slightly satirical. And I doubt South Park will ever run out of people to offend. News happens all the time so there will always be some group that can be parodied/made fun of on South Park.

Just imagine if South Park was around during World War II. But then again, they already have made fun of Adolf Hitler in the show.

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 01:37:14 PM »
People actually get offended by South Park?

TEM

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 01:42:40 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty offensive.

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 01:55:29 PM »
Yeah, but seriously, it's just a cartoon at the end of the day.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »
I love South Park, and yes, it's supposed to be offensive, but usually in the light-hearted sense.  I love Pokemon, and because of that, Chinpokomon is one of my favorite episodes of all time.  I don't normally get easily offended.  When I act offended, people know I'm just laughing with them.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 03:08:30 PM »
Has South Park ever made an episode that pokes fun of Barry Bonds and steroids yet? If they ever did that (or just any player in general, maybe Sosa/McGwire/Canseco) I'd have to watch it.
IIRC, they did do an episode like that. It was called "Up the Down Steroid".

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 03:26:20 PM »
I never really considered South Park offensive in the terms of say people. Toilet humor, it can get offensive. (Garrison's gender change)

The only offensive people there are just Cartman and Garrsion to a degree. Everyone else are friendly and kind.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 05:53:36 PM »
I think it was funny, I wasn't offended at all.  I think people should learn to laugh at themselves once in awhile.  Plus it was only for fun, the creators of Suoth Park (and people elsewhere) know that not all gamers are like that.  It's just fun with stereotypes is what it is, nothing more.
I only watch [adult swim]

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 11:36:26 PM »
I just found that episode of SP with the steroids. It was so funny! Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Jason Giambi showed up to present the award to Jimmy after he took roids! It was great, although I think Bonds should have been a little bigger.

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 02:03:53 AM »
The only offensive people there are just Cartman and Garrsion to a degree. Everyone else are friendly and kind.

Actually, Kenny is about as offensive- if not more offensive- than Cartman. It's lucky that his lines are muffled...

Seriously, he's actually quite perverted. For all those that have watched the show, have you noticed that Kyle, Stan and Cartman ask Kenny what a word means when they've never heard before? =O
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »
I really enjoy South Park, and I'm never offended by it. Seriously, if you're uptight about two guys having fun at no-one's expense, you need to lighten up. I especially love how South Park is entertaining to everyone, since it does have toilet humor (which is why a lot of people hate it), but it also has a lot of very clever humor in it. I think that if they gave it a chance, everyone would like South Park, if even one episode.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:08:14 PM by solidmushroom »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 02:56:03 PM »
Not everyone.  My dad has seen it and the only episode he really likes is the Wallmart one.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 05:53:17 PM »
No, see, for people like me the "toilet humor" renders it un-entertaining.
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
So you let a few poop jokes ruin the entire show for you?

That's as sad as people who refuse to watch Drawn Together because of a few racial jokes.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:50 PM »
As I understand it, Drawn Together is full of horribly sick stuff. Which would make me not want to watch it either.

I have more important things to do than sit and watch TV that has pretty much no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
That was a joke.

TEM

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 09:08:05 PM »
I'd just like to note that Drawn Together and South Park are no where near on the same level.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »
Yeah, Drawn Together is horrible in my opinion, not because of sick content, but lack of any clever humor whatsoever.

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »
I pretty much saw this comment coming, because everything offends you. I offend you, Steve offends you, homosexuals offend you, liberals offend you, cartoon shows that shouldn't be taken literally offend you...Indeed, you're very close-minded. But, please, identify the other reasons why the show offends you.

Funny, you claim that you haven't seen the show before, but already deem it offensive just from info from sources that are not the show itself. Why is this? Wikipedia isn't a great source for information, especially in video game as well as South Park-related articles. True, I've edited some of those articles myself, but sometimes I come across various paragraphs filled with grammatical and punctuational errors; it makes it quite hard to believe that they're true.

Though, you are correct, there are episodes I KNOW you'd be quite offended to see. There are episodes I know that have poked fun at stuff I like, but my usual reaction is laughter.

To the rest of the people who seriously find South Park (or the episode itself) offensive:
It's a cartoon, guys. A little cartoon made to make people laugh. Just shrug it off and move on with life if you don't like it. Don't preach about what you find offensive to people who don't care.

The episodes I had mostly in mind when I said that were the ones in which great Christian figures were depicted obscenely, simply to be blasphemous. I know these episodes existed, because not only did I hear about them on Wikipedia (which, by the way, is to be trusted in this case because what I was looking at were brief outlines of the plots that couldn't have been very far off at all), but I also heard about them in, for example, religious newspapers/newsletters which denounced the scenes I just mentioned.

If you want to know more specifically what I was referring to, I was thinking of the time when the show's creators showed a depiction of Jesus defecating on the American flag (supposedly to make fun of the Mohammed cartoon controversy, though the Christians were still picked on particularly much then because the depictions of Mohammed in the cartoon controversy weren't obscene), and of a very obscene parody of crying Mary statues that was aired on the feast day of the Immaculate Conception (this was almost certainly on purpose); instead of crying, the statue in the show was spraying blood from its... unmentionable parts.

(Please note: I can hardly believe I even got myself to type that; but I need to get my point across.)

For reasons such as these, I feel that I definitely should be vocal in complaining about it. The show should really be gotten rid of completely, and I would LOVE that to happen. It's not only meant to make people laugh; it's also meant to make other people angry and offended, and that's NOT okay.

Quote from: PaperLuigi
Okay people, I'm gonna say this, and you may not like it. South Park is supposed to be offensive. It wouldn't be South Park without it. Those who can't take it as a joke need to be quiet or not watch the show. I am a Christian, and I don't feel hurt by the Christian bashing one bit. It's a freakin' joke.

You call yourself a Christian, and yet you aren't offended by what I just described?! Either you haven't heard nearly everything about the show and didn't know about those things, or you are the sort of person that makes me truly sick.

Exactly, it wouldn't be South Park without the offensive crap in it. That's why the show needs to be gotten rid of. And that's why people like me DON'T need to be quiet.

EDIT: DANG TYPO!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 09:10:46 AM by smfan1085 »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 11:10:18 PM »
Hahahaha, crying Mario statues.
But I don't think it's really "meant" to anger other people.
That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 09:11:37 AM »
Gosh dang it.... That was the most embarrassing typo I ever made. I went back and edited it.

I must be too used to typing "Mario" or something.

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 01:42:39 PM »
The episodes I had mostly in mind when I said that were the ones in which great Christian figures were depicted obscenely, simply to be blasphemous. I know these episodes existed, because not only did I hear about them on Wikipedia (which, by the way, is to be trusted in this case because what I was looking at were brief outlines of the plots that couldn't have been very far off at all), but I also heard about them in, for example, religious newspapers/newsletters which denounced the scenes I just mentioned.
Yeah, there usually is a lot of outcry from conservative Christians about episodes like those, to the point where they're removed from rotation schedules on Comedy Central and networks that air it in syndication.

and of a very obscene parody of crying Mary statues that was aired on the feast day of the Immaculate Conception (this was almost certainly on purpose);
I'm VERY sure that was sheer coincidence. Remember, a lot of people working at Comedy Central are NOT Christian. They're Jewish, and most likely didn't even know that holiday was going on. If they did, I'm sure they would've told the creators to hold off on that episode and have the network air a rerun instead.  (Its original airdate was December 7th. You're telling me the Feast of the Immaculate Conception was on the same day)

instead of crying, the statue in the show was spraying blood from its... unmentionable parts.
Well, technically that was NOT the main focus of the episode (though the title is "Bloody Mary"), the main premise is one of the children's fathers trying to rehabilitate himself from being an alcoholic, and not realizing he could do so himself without the help of a miracle.

(Please note: I can hardly believe I even got myself to type that; but I need to get my point across.)
Noted. *heavy sigh*

For reasons such as these, I feel that I definitely should be vocal in complaining about it.
That's good. You have every right to be mad. Other people (including me, to be honest), of course, have every right to think you're crazy.

The show should really be gotten rid of completely
[/opinion]

and I would LOVE that to happen.
I wouldn't. Matt and Trey are here to stay, I'd say. And, hey, I've ran out of rhyming words.

It's not only meant to make people laugh; it's also meant to make other people angry and offended, and that's NOT okay.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone have said many times that it is not meant to offend, but I'm sure they do take pleasure in seeing complaints from people who have no power to cancel the show. I would. It's been Comedy Central's highest rated show for over half a decade. The only reason production on it would be ceased would be if Matt and Trey decided to stop creating it.

You call yourself a Christian, and yet you aren't offended by what I just described?! Either you haven't heard nearly everything about the show and didn't know about those things, or you are the sort of person that makes me truly sick.
Again, this is the stuff I see from you that makes me say to myself "....this guy REALLY needs to open up a bit more." Being born Christian, I don't find any of the religion bashing episodes to be offensive. AT ALL. One, because it's a cartoon. Two, because if you cannot learn to laugh at yourself, you'll live a life of misery as people take pride in insulting you and what you think.

Exactly, it wouldn't be South Park without the offensive crap in it. That's why the show needs to be gotten rid of. And that's why people like me DON'T need to be quiet.
Again, [/opinion].

I once again feel the need to repeat myself because this just doesn't seem to get into anyone's head:
IT. IS. A. CARTOON. If you seriously get offended by what's shown on it, that's YOUR problem, NOT the creators'.

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 02:04:06 PM »
[/opinion]

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 02:04:49 PM »
[/make Vid laugh]

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 03:51:05 PM »
Yeah, there usually is a lot of outcry from conservative Christians about episodes like those, to the point where they're removed from rotation schedules on Comedy Central and networks that air it in syndication.
I'm VERY sure that was sheer coincidence. Remember, a lot of people working at Comedy Central are NOT Christian. They're Jewish, and most likely didn't even know that holiday was going on. If they did, I'm sure they would've told the creators to hold off on that episode and have the network air a rerun instead.  (Its original airdate was December 7th. You're telling me the Feast of the Immaculate Conception was on the same day)
Well, technically that was NOT the main focus of the episode (though the title is "Bloody Mary"), the main premise is one of the children's fathers trying to rehabilitate himself from being an alcoholic, and not realizing he could do so himself without the help of a miracle.
Noted. *heavy sigh*
That's good. You have every right to be mad. Other people (including me, to be honest), of course, have every right to think you're crazy.
[/opinion]
I wouldn't. Matt and Trey are here to stay, I'd say. And, hey, I've ran out of rhyming words.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone have said many times that it is not meant to offend, but I'm sure they do take pleasure in seeing complaints from people who have no power to cancel the show. I would. It's been Comedy Central's highest rated show for over half a decade. The only reason production on it would be ceased would be if Matt and Trey decided to stop creating it.
Again, this is the stuff I see from you that makes me say to myself "....this guy REALLY needs to open up a bit more." Being born Christian, I don't find any of the religion bashing episodes to be offensive. AT ALL. One, because it's a cartoon. Two, because if you cannot learn to laugh at yourself, you'll live a life of misery as people take pride in insulting you and what you think.
 Again, [/opinion].

I once again feel the need to repeat myself because this just doesn't seem to get into anyone's head:
IT. IS. A. CARTOON. If you seriously get offended by what's shown on it, that's YOUR problem, NOT the creators'.
*sings* Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhmeeeeeeeehhhhhn!

The Scientology episode is, perhaps, the only time the writers may have ever gone a bit overboard.  That episode is the main reason that they lost Chef.

I also agree that Drawn Together is horrible.  Not even Ling Ling's, who is my favorite VG/Anime character rip-off, presence can make the show all that worth watching.  Well okay, sometimes I may watch it if my dad's not around.  I love the episode with the Sausage Pizza Prank, though
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 03:59:12 PM »

Quit being a baby. Christians are Christians because they can take crap from other people and laugh about it. Jesus said it himself that people are gonna walk on you. ALL THE TIME. This world is evil son. Get over it.

If I make you sick, go throw up in the toilet.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 04:14:03 PM »
Yeah, smfan1085, you're eating right out of the palm of their hand. If you take offense to what they say about your religion, and you revolt, they win, because you can't stop them, but if you try, they'll just say "wow, we did a good job". If you hate South Park because of how offensive it is, pretend it doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:16:08 PM by solidmushroom »

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 04:57:24 PM »
Yeah, Drawn Together is horrible in my opinion, not because of sick content, but lack of any clever humor whatsoever.

Agreed. The show relies on shock humor rather than clever writing.

Anyway, offensive to gamers? Nah. I mean, Trey and Matt themselves are gamers (as both of them have Xbox 360's and are interested in the Wii...I saw it in an article). Besides, if it was really THAT offensive, Blizzard probably wouldn't have given them permission to use machinima based on the game in the episode.
Professional Paisano here

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 06:09:48 PM »
Are you sure they're gamers? They supposedly didn't know about Mega Man when they came up with the action figures the SP kids play with.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »
I'm 90% certain that was a parody of Megaman. Either that, or it played on the genericness of the name "Megaman", which in truth sounds like some Power Rangers-style action figure.
every

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2006, 06:19:35 PM »
Are you sure they're gamers? They supposedly didn't know about Mega Man when they came up with the action figures the SP kids play with.

Well, I'm sure Try knows about Mega Man, but judging by the fact that he's a fan of Japanese culture, he probably prefers calling him Rockman. Still, I'm not sure about that one, seeing how I've never asked him, let alone, talked to him period. :P
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2006, 08:28:26 PM »
You know, since I'm not going to try to change the views on Drawn Together here, I would like to ask. Have any of you watched more than an episode? Beyond season 1? I will admit they use a ton of shock humor but to say there's no clever humor is downright wrong. It's there, but you have to look beyond Clara's blind prejudice and Spanky Ham's love of alcohol and sex. For example, the references to Ray Bradbury's short stories. Or the episode where the VeggieTales characters went on a rampage (I'm sure smfan1028 would've definitely hated that episode). I'd say the hate is similar to the type that The Simpsons and South Park both faced when they first came out. Society's taboo touched upon in a humorous way that may offend certain people.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2006, 09:42:57 PM »
I didn't see the beginning of Drawn Together, so I really don't feel like watching it. I definitely don't think it's terrible, because I can't give an opinion on it. I'd have to watch a few episodes (but, I'm lazy, and the only shows on TV I really watch anymore are South Park, and Heroes).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 01:04:45 PM »
Eh, Drawn Together's okay, but not nearly in the same league as South Park. The most recent episode with Cartman acting like Dog the Bounty Hunter was hilarious.
every

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2006, 08:29:16 PM »
It's no use arguing with you people. Nothing I say will change what you think. :P

The only thing I'll say at this point is that I believe it was in fact aired on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, as well as on the day before it. [Link]

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2006, 09:56:56 PM »
Exactly. Trust me, I've tried it, and it don't work.

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2006, 10:17:04 PM »
It's no use arguing with you people. Nothing I say will change what you think. :P

Pretty much. Like, 90% of your beliefs are extremely diifferent from mine. :P

TEM

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »
Pretty much. Like, 90% of your beliefs are extremely diifferent from mine. :P

Are you guys going to make out?

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2006, 10:36:29 PM »
They're already using tongue.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2006, 10:12:28 AM »
Ooooh! Oh no he di'int!
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2006, 02:26:35 PM »
Has anybody but me noticed that Homestar Runner's populariy seems to have fallen off this board's radar? I remember back when everyone had some sort of H*R reference in thier sig.

TEM

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »
If by "everyone" you mean 3 or 4 people, than yes, I remember as well.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2006, 05:15:11 PM »
The ads running on TMK for Drawn Together were enough to put me off the show, even if I would have considered watching it before that. (I wouldn't have.)
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »
If by "everyone" you mean 3 or 4 people, than yes, I remember as well.

Maybe my memory if faltering. But then again, there were less users around here back then.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2006, 01:19:48 PM »
Homestar Runner references have become cliche. I remember back when it was practically mandatory to make a Homestar Runner reference or thread. I mean, HSR's funny, but sorta tired.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2006, 05:22:27 PM »
I guess HSR popularity as a whole has started to plummet. Yet I still follow it.

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2006, 07:06:08 PM »
Started? You're quite behind the times, aren't you?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2006, 07:22:06 PM »
Then when did it start plummeting? I haven't been surfing the web as long as other have.

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2006, 07:28:26 PM »
I'd say a little over a year ago, maybe sooner or later than that....

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 07:51:25 AM »
I think I was kinda thrown off by GiftedGirl's sudden obsession with it last year.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2006, 03:13:33 PM »
The Homestar Runner series is not as good as it used to be, but it's still awesome in its own way.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2006, 03:27:34 PM »
Hmm, well it might rise back to fame again. The Trogdor song will be included in Guitar Hero II.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2006, 05:38:13 PM »
Whoah, really? You sure? I checked Wikipedia, and it made to mention of that.
every

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2006, 07:09:11 PM »
Check it:

There's also a song by these guys:

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2006, 07:35:21 PM »
Oh man, there's Dethklok in this one? Sweet!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2006, 04:34:44 PM »
I think the one in the middle looks kinda like Chupperson.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2006, 11:07:56 AM »
Good God, I almost wet myself when I saw those pictures. That is awesome!
every

Print