Print

Author Topic: Console condition  (Read 10143 times)

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« on: December 27, 2006, 05:49:49 PM »
Today, I noticed that my Wii had a small, red streak on it. It was easy to clean off, but now my Wii has slight scratches on it from scrubbing.

My systems seem to be in fairly good condition, except for a few things: my DS is starting to get small, white blotches on it, my Virtual Boy has a noticable crack in the stand, and my SNES has turned from it's original greyish-white color to a very subtle shade of tan.

What is the condition of your systems? Do they still have their luster, or has their appearance gotten dull over the years?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 06:49:48 PM by Area 64 »

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 06:46:04 PM »
Wii: I only opened it a two days ago, so it has no visable scartches or marks or any other imperfection on it (yet).
DS: It has small, white blotches on it, with a few tiny scatch marks here and there.
Gamecube: Very dusty. It's now been put in storage because of the Wii.
GBA SP: Remarkably, it still in good condition.

There's the status of my consoles.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 06:59:55 PM »
Alot of the original, 1991 SNES's are tanish, so yours could be one of the firsts shiped out, something weird about my DS's stylus, when I put it in around the first months I had it, it would fit tightly into that little hole, now, it's kinda loose. Something else strange, you know that little plastic exterior on the DS's outside, some small particles are stuck between there, I tried cleaning them out, with a toothpick, it failed, and now, that section of plastic, is loose a bit. I also have scratches on the outside and screens.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 08:13:48 PM »
NES: Taken apart (I'm fixing it).
SNES: Taped-up hole in the side, but otherwise perfect. No controllers.
N64: Stuck reset button. No big deal.
GC: Discs don't spin. I won't just throw it out. Maybe I'll have it fixed someday.
Wii: Prettier than you'll ever be!
GBA: Nothing to complain about, just the battery cover must be taped on.
DS: Broken hinge, one dead pixel, WarioWare-attacked touch screen... it's under warranty so I'll have Nintendo fix it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »
Wii: Perfect Condition. (duh, it's brand new)

Nintendo 64: The slot that holds the Jumper Pack has lost it's cover.

DS: A hinge that held the top screen and bottom screen has broken off.........after I dropped it. X_X (BTW, it still works.)

Gamecube: Although the machine has lost it's luster in terms of speed (how fast I can get a game running) it has no noticible damage spots. Still good after 5 years of gameplay. (And still my favorite system. It will never go in to storage.)

Super Nintendo: A few scratches from age.

Nintendo: This is my oldest system, and it looks better than everything else. (besides the Wii)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 08:36:02 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 08:36:05 PM »
My reset button is stuck too!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 08:59:20 PM »
NES: Broken. Replaced with a brand new one from Ebay.
GB: Still good, even after all the abuse I gave it.
SNES: Pretty good. Sometimes the cartridges get amnesia, though.
VB: Bought used from Ebay. Works nicely.
N64: Near perfect. Some games lock up on occasion, a few of which had ti be replaced.
GBC: Near perfect. Haven't played it in a while, though.
GBA: Perfect. I treat my consoles like they were my own children.
GCN: Mint-fresh.
GBASP: Good, but the shell is all scratched.
DS: Almost perfect. Dropped a couple of times.
DSLite: Minty-fresh.
Wii: Hot off the press.

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 09:31:11 PM »
It is near impossible to keep my concoles in mint condition in my house.

But in other words all of my systems are all working like a charm.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 09:32:59 AM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 10:02:19 PM »
DSLite: a few minor smudges on the side and ones you can barely see (from dropping it) but no cracks and no dead pixels.
GBA: scratches, other than that, it works magnificently.
GC: Perfect. No scratches. No nothing.
N64: Looks good but is missing cover on that thing in the front.
PS: Works perfectly, last time I checked, anyways. I haven't played it in years.
PS2: Works good. It's a bit dusty, and doesn't load as fast as it used to when it was brand new, but it still works.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 09:56:56 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 10:20:53 PM »
NES: has stopped working, looks kind of dusty, but still retains it's greyish color that it had when we first got it (used) 18 years ago.

GB: still works perfectly, though you can kind of tell where I've been holding my fingers/thumbs on it over the years.

SNES: still works fine, dusty, still plugged in to the smallest TV in the house (or apartment, since I live across town from my parents).

N64: also works fine, needs dusting, plugged in to same TV as SNES (they're brothers afterall.)

GBA: I can't seem to find my original GBA.. I think I gave it to one of my little cousins who had lost his at school (he's a Mario fan too.. I had to help the boy out!)

Gamecube: other than loading games a little slower than it used to, it works fine. Needs a bit of dusting, but has  been unhooked from the big TV at my place (made room for the Wii).

GBASP: looks like new. One small set of dead pixels (or maybe it's just one dead pixel) close to the bottom left corner kind of distracts during Mario Kart, and the hinges are more loose than they used to be. Otherwise fine.

DS: Touch screen needs a good cleaning, Stylus seems to slide out of holder a little easier than it used to (like somone said above), and GBA slot needs to be cleaned out. Otherwise fine.

Wii: There are some very faint scratches along one side of the system, but they're not from paint.. I was carrying my laundry and a little black bag (with the Wii and all cords/controllers in it) down my parents front porch steps, and I completely missed the last step and fell straight down. I landed on my knees, and the laundry basket cushioned my fall, but I heard this lound crunch right beside me. The Wii bag had hit the ground pretty hard. After resting for a little bit, I took it back to my apartment to look at it: there was a very strange black marking on the side of it. I cleaned it off with a damp cloth, and then tested it to see if it was still working. EVerything worked fine. Wii are durable! :D

It should be noted that all controllers for all of these systems work like new (except for the N64's, which has a bit of buttons get stuck from playing a lot of Mario Party or SSB).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 12:53:46 AM »
Good topic here...

My Nintendo 64: In great shape all around. All controllers are originals and the control sticks feel brand new on them. The system looks just like it did in 1997. Everything works perfectly. I have the original box for the system, games, controllers, and memory card, plus I've used the cleaning kit (also still in the box).

My Game Cube: Also in excellent shape. The two controllers are the originals and again feel new. My games load just as fast as they did when I got it in 2001. This one's been to a few hotel rooms for some rounds of midnight baseball and it still works great even after sitting in my duffel bag! Again, I have the box for this one.

My Macintosh LC: I know this isn't a gaming system, but I have played games on it. It's in excellent shape, no dust or scratches or dents. It's in storage now with the ORIGINAL BOXES, manuals, and disks.

My iBook: In use almost daily, it still works. The battery died after five years and now it's a power supply operated computer but it works great. A few minor scratches to the exterior, but I have taken it places. Nothing noticeable to the naked eye. In addition to my carrying case, I have the original boxes for this one too.

My Mom's Atari 2600: I know this one has been repaired once. The left controller port is glued in. Also, the paddle controllers needed rehabilitation (silicone spray on the insides). Otherwise it works great. I know she got this around 1981-1982. All joysticks are the originals. She has the original box and manuals for this one!

My Mom's Magnavox Oddyssey Pong System: It works great! It looks great! And it's in the original box!

My Cousin's Game Boy Advance: I'm not sure if she still has this one or not, but I think she said it died or something. She got it in 2002 and I know she took it almost everywhere (plus she was younger when she got it--7 and a half--and the Game Boy didn't have a case).

My Cousin's Game Cube: This one works. It's two years newer than mine (she got hers in 2003) and I know it gets heavier use (she's a big time gamer) but I don't think it's had any problems. I do know one of her controllers got slightly mutilated--my uncle hit one with a sweeper and there's a big indentation in one of the control sticks.

My Cousin's Nintendo DS: Brand new right now.

My Grandfather's Nintendo DS: Excellent condition. He has a case and everything. He hasn't played with it a whole lot in the past few weeks because he's been doing stuff around his house but now that he has a new game he will be playing it in his spare time (FYI: He's 77, recently retired, and wants to be hip--this guy almost bought an Abercrombie polo a few months ago!)

After typing this, I've come to realize that my mom was probably a more serious gamer than I ever have been and that my cousin will probably wind up on this forum chatting about Mario some day. And we probably have to watch out for Grandpa--next thing I know I'll be buying him Mario Kart DS for Father's Day.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 01:36:48 AM »
When my cousin gave me the NES, it was all in the original packaging. So were the Zapper and the NES Advantage. I think I kept my Gamecube (interesting, when the Wii predicts what word you are typing, the "C" in Gamecube is lowercase) box for a while, but I no longer have it. So now I have a rare NES box and a Wii box in my collection. SolidShroom should be jealous of the NES box. :P
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 01:43:57 AM »
Oh yeah? Well I have my GB box! and manual!!

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »
Well, let's see:
GBA: Ugh, this one doesn't work anymore. Screen with GBA logo on the bottom was removed due to the fact it was so scratched up you could hardly see that part of the screen (Really big scratches.) and it plain out doesn't work. I also have no battery cover for it anymore. :/
GBC: Well, originally we had two of them, but the other was stolen. Decently minor scratches, and a pretty worn out battery cover. Not much wrong with this one, and to think it was my first system. :3
DS: Large scratch on the right side of the touch screen, back when I used the thumbstrap on it (I don't anymore. :P) and scratches on the top where the Nintendo logo is, not too bad but you can feel one, and a possible dead pixel on the top screen.
NGC: Pretty much perfect, nothing wrong with this one. I got it for my birthday last year.
GBOY: I really wish I didn't get it the way I did. (For the story you can PM me, I don't want to clutter up my post too much.) Just some a little scratches on the screen, not too bad, but a part of the screen wipes out all the pixels that are supposed to appear in that specific area and I have no battery cover.
PSONE: Perfect working order and condition, except the player one controller port was misaligned (And possibly the memory card port.) when it fell off of a dresser it was standing on.
GBASPs: Might as well include the two we have. First one is plain-out black with a badly worn-out Spider Man skin on the inside. Odd light-like things all over the left bottom part of the screen (No clue what they are or how the got there.) and slight scratches on the screen and top where the Nintendo logo is. The other one was a black and silver special edition. One big scratch that is very visible jam-packed with plenty other small ones on the top with the Nintendo logo. The screen is about the same as the other one but with smaller/less light-like things on the screen.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 12:35:40 PM »
Hmm..

My SNES: Still in a good working condition, I haven't played it much. It's currently stored in a drawer, as I have no working controllers for it.

My Playstation: I'm sure it's lost its original shinyness, but it still works great. Again, stored in a drawer, though I can take it out and play it if I wanted to.

My N64: "Has seen better days". It's quite dusty, and the only controller I have that works just fine is the blue controller, every other one is damaged in some way, and in the case of my green controller, is completely broken on the inside.

My Gameboy Pocket: It's around here somewhere. It was "EXTREME GREEN".

My Gameboy Advance: It can still be of use, when I'm playing something like Four Swords Adventures on the Gamecube. It's just gathering dust now, though.

My Gamecube: Though it has a considerable amount of dust on the top of it, it still plays great. I know this, because I'm currently playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on it.

My DS: From the looks of it, it just isn't as shiny as it once was. No dead pixels, and it works great.

My Wii: Still in its box...on a truck headed to an electronics store.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print