Print

Author Topic: Mushroomy Kingdom (and Music) in Brawl  (Read 25085 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:23:39 AM »
The latest update at the Smash Bros. Dojo contains two new tidbits that everyone here is sure to enjoy.  World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros. will be appearing as a battle stage... a side scrolling battle stage, somewhat akin to Rainbow Ride in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but moving towards the right and much more amazing... especially with the piano remix of the Super Mario Bros. theme, by Kondo himself.  It also seems that the level changes to World 1-2 at times.

It's a great time to love Mario.

View the stage on the Dojo here.
Hear the music on the Dojo here.

Source: Smash Bros. Dojo
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:45:48 PM by MEGAߥTE »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:19:06 AM »
Awesome!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:52:31 PM »
The music's beautiful.

Stage looks interesting and promising. I don't say it much, but I seem to prefer the battle stages that are huge or dynamically change. Must be why I enjoyed Melee's Big Blue stage, because I'm constantly having to hop onto different F-Zero cars along the way, all at different angles. Actually, Mushroomy Kingdom seems better on second glance since the blocks and combatants are in scale like the original Super Mario Bros. (i.e. you can't immediately jump to the top blocks from the bottom platform), so the blocks seem like genuine platforms instead of minor trip-over obstacles. Pipe looks blocked off, but it'd be neat if you could jump into the pipe and hide temporarily. Anyone else who jumps in can still attack you though.

That's it. Once I get a Wii, I'm getting Smash Bros. Brawl. I don't care if Falco doesn't appear, there's just way too much cool new stuff in this game to ignore. I'll just have to live with the possible overdose of franticness (way too much random stuff that can happen during a battle).

Who will I play as in Brawl? Whoever's the most nimble, as in previous games. So it'd probably be Sheik.
You didn't say wot wot.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »
I wonder if this stage will have any tie-in with The Subspace Emissary.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:11:13 PM »
The kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years

This sent a wisp of sadness through my heart.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 06:15:41 PM »
Stage design and concept: Wonderful!
Music: Thank you, Mr. Kondo!
Name: Uhhhhh... WTD?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »
I thought the name meant since they added sweet backgrounds, it feels like there's more room, and the stage is "roomy". Add a Y to the end of the land in which Mario lives and you get a cute pun! Thanks, Nintendo.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »
The Japanese version just has a descriptive name about it being an ancient kingdom.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:17:04 PM »
Yeah, uh, what's with the whole "apocalyptic wasteland" look? I mean, if this is/was part of the Subspace Emissary and they worked the whole "the kingdom you once knew has turned to ruins over the long years" into the plot, it'd be awesome, but... I've got more questions than answers at this point.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:20 PM »
The color of next gen is brown.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 10:29:31 PM »
Brown is the new white. I mean, hey, the Atari's and stuff had the faux-wood paneling... get my Wii a mahogany paint job!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 10:43:13 PM »
Down is the new up.

Anyway, I like the whole apocalyptic wasteland look. In fact, I liked it before they came up with this stage. I like apocalyptic wastelands.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 10:51:11 PM »
The color of next gen is brown.
Don't forget bloom.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 11:05:46 PM »
This is my favorite level, by far. Especially since it can alternate to be level 1-2.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 01:13:13 AM »
Don't forget bloom.
Win.

Brawl is the new Melee.

I mean, taken in moderation, Mushroomy Kingdom can be cool. But it's not the thing I'd battle on several times over, not with that constant brown. The World 1-2 at least looks more colorful.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:15:39 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Print