Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 66870 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 10:38:39 PM »
Oh one thing... about Pit, when I saw the trophy, I thought "That looks awful." When rumors about him as a playable character started, I though "That weirdo on the trophy? I hope not." But they changed his look and he looks really cool. I hope those wings don't give him too much of an advantage though...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 11:18:58 PM »
 I'm not a real fan of choral music, but even after hearing the large amount in the main theme, I didn't come out unhappy. I still enjoyed it, even if I preferred Melee's theme.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 02:04:53 AM »
I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy music, and the new theme isn't bad, but it doesn't seem quite as catchy as the Melee theme.

I just read something startling.  Apparently Star Tropics, one of my favorite games for the NES, was never even released in Japan.  No wonder Nintendo doesn't care about the franchise; their primary audience hasn't even heard of it.  My guess is the odds of Michael Jones appeareing as a playable character in SSBB are very low.  He probably won't even be a trophy.

Sqrt2

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2006, 02:51:59 AM »
I hope the only character lost from melee is Pichu and that Young Lik is transformed into his WW counterpart. Also I'm not too sure about whether the 'super' powerup featured in the video is a good thing or not.
AA fanboy and proud!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 01:13:15 PM »
I'm perfectly fine with 3rd-Party characters being brought in, as long as they actually are a prominent figure in Nintendo. 'cause think, some other 3rd party characters that'd make sense would be Bomberman or Pac-Man or Mega Man. All those guys have had a huge career on Nintendo systems, so it's not like sticking Master Chief or something obscure like that, in. Plus, the other new characters seem good too, since I absolutely wanted Meta-Knight in there, right from the start. (And as for Pit, they spruced him up a bit so it's all good.)

Most important of all however, people, a moment of brilliance dawned on me: 3rd party character support means we might see Geno or Mallow perhaps, in the next Smash Bros.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 03:08:06 PM »
*applauds for Nintendo* This game will be the best one yet! Just look at the improved graphics, new characters, and I bet the music will be ten times better (it was awesome to start out with!). Nintendo is coming through, and there are so many other games that are going to be available. I better start saving up money so I can buy them. :P
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 04:01:54 PM »
This game looks awesome.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 04:05:13 PM »
Apparently, Nintendo is open for character suggestions:

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/index.html

Only I can't read Japanese...

Anyone on these forums able to translate?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 08:47:16 AM »
Is it okay to cheat and use Google's beta? If so: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smashbros.com%2Fjp%2Ftoukou%2Findex.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
That works for that page, but we also need:
http://cgi.nintendo.co.jp/cgi-bin/smashbros/article.cgi
translated. It doesn't translate w/google or babel fish for some reason.
"Noooo! My life's treasure! I would rather die than give up my life size Peach poster!"
-Some Koopa in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 09:07:19 AM »
Any other translation engines out there?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2006, 06:10:20 PM »
When I saw the trailer on G4 my stomach exploded, then healed itself so it could explode again. Solid Snake? Kid Icarus? Nuclear farts? Wario? The desert? Nintendogs? A Latin chorus? Online play? Meta-Knight? It's everything, but in one game! Now they need fire-breathing unicorns, X-wings, roller skates, ninjas, pirates with flamethrowers, characters from Megaman, Sonic and Pac-Man, and dinosaurs, and the game will be the ultimate thing ever in the history of the universe.
every

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2006, 06:41:54 PM »
SSBB needs the Evil Bread characters. :\
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2006, 06:58:48 PM »
I agree with Sqrt2. Pichu is the only character from Melee that should be cut. Falco is just too cool to be cut, Young Link has different enough stats from Link to truly be considered a clone, Roy is a stronger but slower version of Marth but both are highly used by many players and Ganondorf just needs to get some new moves instead of being a C. Falcon clone. Dr. Mario can either stay a hidden character or be a Mario costume change, it doesn't really matter either way.

I just hope the inclusion of Snake and the requests don't lead to people overdoing it and turning it from "Super Smash Bros" to "Let's see how many different characters we can fit in here". Third party characters need to be kept to a very minimum. This is, first and foremost, a game showcasing the many franchises of Nintendo after all.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2006, 07:23:10 PM »
You know what would be funny? If a character included was Goku from DBZ. That would be an interesting hidden character.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print