Print

Author Topic: Cheating AI makes me angry.  (Read 28535 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2003, 11:37:12 PM »
Your all just lazy bums who can't take a challenge. If everyone played fair it would be almost impossible to loose. Is that what you want!?! To hold A and move a litle stick around for three minuits, dodging weak simple fair items that you have to get too. Do you want that!!! DO YOU! HUH? HUH?

I do.

Or is it... *shifts eyes suspiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2003, 11:42:14 PM »
Aww, I loved Snowboard Kids!  The AI was pretty bad though.  The sequel was much less annoying AI-wise although the final race against--er, who was it against?  Damien in a giant robot?--that race was **** near impossible.  You had to make every move perfectly to win.  It got to the point where within the first ten seconds of the race I could tell whether or not I would ever catch up to him, and would continue or restart accordingly.

Actually the 150cc races in DD are like that   for me, too.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2003, 11:45:46 PM »
I didn't think the AI in MKSC was so cheaty.
I have yet to play MKDD.

I like the AI in Extreme-G 3. It seems pretty fair all around... to me at least. It's hard to get ahead, but once you're in front for a while, the other bikes stay behind.

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2003, 11:49:16 PM »
Oops, asterices, I got carried away.  *blue lines*  Thought I was on LiveJournal for a sec . . .
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2003, 11:52:36 PM »
I broke a plexiglass sheet with my controller because of the cheating 150cc AIs in MKDD. Also, in every course that you race in Grand Prix, whenever someone takes 1st place away from you, it's the exact same person who finished as 1st or close to 1st in the courses before.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2003, 11:58:56 PM »
Thats because if different people get first or near it the points would all be low and easy to beat.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2003, 12:48:14 AM »
MegaByte says that the computer would not be able to handle falling that many places behind because of a shell hitting them, etc., hence they speed up like that... or, he says, because of lazy prgrammers.

Well, that is the basic *summary* of what MegaByte said, not his exact words.

"Eat, eat, and eat! I do one sit-up a day. I get up in the morning; that''s half. I lay down at night; that''s the other half. I figured out a long time ago that my body was just for carrying my head from place to place." ~Mark Lowry
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2003, 10:13:33 AM »
A small correction in Fifth's post of all MK64 cheats: The computers actually DO use the mushroom. I see the "flames" emit from their engine as they speed up. And here's something else: Computers don't actually use the Lightning Bolt, the software summons it at random and randomly picks any of the AIs in the back ranks.

Know why the elderly contribute so much to the church? To buy their way into Heaven from a lifetime of sin.

Edited by - TJOghost8 on 12/28/2003 8:17:36 AM
Know why the elderly contribute so much to the church? To buy their way into Heaven from a lifetime of sin.

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2003, 06:56:04 PM »
Here's something else I have uncovered: In MK:DD, the CPU karts in 150cc that have the lowest acceleration are able to rocket start or recover WITHOUT the rocket start.

Mmmmm, good white, hearty, white bread for white, white people!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2003, 11:05:14 PM »
I think the AI in Kirby Air Ride is excellent. They can be smart, but they don't cheat. A challenge, but not ridiculous. Kirby Air Ride is a great game, and if you think it's bad without even playing it, I pity you, you foolish fool.

I despise ignorant people.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2003, 02:06:05 PM »
Yeah, I didn't have a problem when I first played Double Dash.

But they cheat like little dogs that clamp onto your foot and don't let go.

And now you know, the rest of the story.

I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2003, 02:06:48 PM »
Yeah, I didn't have a problem when I first played Double Dash.

But they cheat like little dogs that clamp onto your foot and don't let go.
(In SNES Mario Kart.)

And now you know, the rest of the story.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2003, 02:25:00 PM »
I really hate the cheating in the Mario Party games.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2003, 02:51:14 AM »
The cheating AI in Double Dash is ridiculous. My sister and I playing Co-Op mode sustained so much anger due to it. THe computer would be right in front of us, and we'd send out a Red Turtle Shell that would follow them for a bit then just give up and crash. Another instance was how I was clearly in 2nd  PLace in the middle of a race, slightly close to the 1st PLace people. A Spiny Blue Shell came after them, then all of a sudden turned around and hit us. Also, their recovery time is MUCH MUCH shorter than any human's. I saw characters fall off of Rainbow Road and them they come back in a matter of seconds. I have lots of other tales but thinking of 'em will just make me dislike the game now that we've finally beaten it completely.

I despise ignorant people.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2003, 03:04:50 PM »
Technically it is not cheating if the game AI makes them do it, its not like they have a choice. Blame the game programmers.

Print